Windows 10: Stacking taskbar icons issue Windows 10

Discus and support Stacking taskbar icons issue Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey, all. Is there a way to keep taskbar windows/icons stacked but not have to right click to open a new window? I have looked and not found anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SLOCM3Z, Dec 29, 2020.

1. SLOCM3Z Win User

Stacking taskbar icons issue Windows 10

Hey, all.

Is there a way to keep taskbar windows/icons stacked but not have to right click to open a new window? I have looked and not found anything for while.

I dislike having multiple windows of file explorer open and then going to open a new window but the already opened windows just show a preview when left clicking the file explorer and it does not open a new instance like it would if no other file explorers were open. I still want them stacked though. Cos having multiple tabs fill up the taskbar is atrocious and ruins work flow

Windows 20H2 Build 19042.685

:)

SLOCM3Z, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Stacking taskbar icons issue Windows 10

1. Stacking taskbar icons issue Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Stacking taskbar icons

2. How to stack or unstack Icons on Taskbar in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to stack or unstack Icons on Taskbar in Windows 11: [ATTACH]Although Windows 11 shows icons in an Overflow menu on the Taskbar, it is possible to stack or unstack icons on the Taskbar using this tutorial. You can do that with the help of the Registry Editor. By default, Windows 11 has a Taskbar Overflow menu, which appears on...
  3. My taskbar small icons are stacking, how can I fix this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar small icons are stacking, how can I fix this issue?: Is there a fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-taskbar-small-icons-are-stacking-how-can-i-fix/ef13b052-4ab6-442b-b5f8-ce818015f17e
  4. My taskbar small icons are stacking, how can I fix this issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My taskbar small icons are stacking, how can I fix this issue?: Is there a fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-taskbar-small-icons-are-stacking-how-can-i-fix/ef13b052-4ab6-442b-b5f8-ce818015f17e
  5. Taskbar corner icons stack up each other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar corner icons stack up each other: I have upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10 through Windows Insider Beta. Now, whenever I use microphone, mic-icon in taskbar corner displays like this. I have tried to restart explorer.exe but it only can fix at that time. Pls tell me what should I do?Build: 22000.282...
  6. Taskbar corner icons stack up each other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar corner icons stack up each other: I have upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10 through Windows Insider Beta. Now, whenever I use microphone, mic-icon in taskbar corner displays like this. I have tried to restart explorer.exe but it only can fix at that time. Pls tell me what should I do?Build: 22000.282...
  7. Issues with Icons in Taskbar on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with Icons in Taskbar on Windows 10: I cannot left click on the Windows icon, sound icon, internet icon, and time/date icon. Only right click works on those icons. For icons like browsers, only the left click works and not the right click. Originally, I could not left click on the search bar either but after...
  8. "Issue with taskbar icons"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Issue with taskbar icons": On my taskbar, I found out that none of my icons on there are appearing (except for the "File Folder"). I tried going into task manager and resetting "windows exe" (don't remember full name, it looks like a file folder). But it didn't work. I tried to unpin the icons from...
  9. Taskbar icon issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icon issues: Hi. With Win10 I've noticed that left-clicking the volume icon at bottom right no longer works. Neither does the network icon. These icons worked right after install, but now randomly appear to just stop working. Other icons (program icons, for eg) next to them DO work, and...
  10. How to stack email icons on taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stack email icons on taskbar in Windows 10: Hello, Just moved from w7 to 10. one thing i haven't found is how to get multiple windows for any open application on the task bar to stack, instead of appearing side by side. win 7 did it by default as far as I know. I don't want this. Way too cumbersome to manage with...