Windows 10: stalled install of hyper-v on win 10 pro host

Discus and support stalled install of hyper-v on win 10 pro host in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi, I hope someone may be able to point me in the right direction. I am installing win 10 pro on my machine, which goes fine, then when i try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by skyva, Aug 10, 2016.

1. skyva Win User

stalled install of hyper-v on win 10 pro host

Hi, I hope someone may be able to point me in the right direction.

I am installing win 10 pro on my machine, which goes fine, then when i try to install hyper-v (add program and features) it seems to go well, reboots, tells me installing features, reboots again, then just sits there forever with the blue windows symbol on the black page with the little dots circling below. No errors and no progression. I have tried multiple times and the same result.

This is on a HP ML10V2 server I bought new and cheap. The OS is installed to a new samsung 750 ssd on port 1 of the std connector, which is a B120i raid setup (std for this server). I am running single disk raid 0, as this is the way the system likes it. No other disks. 16gb ecc ram. No other apps, firewalls, AV installed, I just install windows, then try to install hyper-v.
    CPU is a xeon e3-1240v3. I tried running systeminfo.exe and it confirmed 4 yes's for hyper-v.

On previous occasions I have tried installing other apps etc before hyper-v and everything seemed fine excpet the hyper-v install. I have tried before installing up updates and after. When time it stalls I have tried repairs, etc with no success. I always go back to clean installs.

I believe the bios and firmware of the server are all up to date.

The system was running fine for weeks under xpenology, so I do not suspect a HW issue.

Any ideas please?

:)

skyva, Aug 10, 2016

2. Not able to attach vhd for win2012 on windows 10

Win 10 has a different virtual host/client called Hyper-v. Should be no problem to install 2012r2 in it if your hardware supports Hyper-v (most does)

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Aug 10, 2016
  3. KKR_65 Win User
    Error: "You do not have the required permission to complete this task. Contact the administrator of the authorization policy for the computer 'My ComputerName" on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. The platform (PC) is not part of a domain network or a server. It is connected to a cable modem ETH network.

History of platform : Win 7 Ultimate X64 => updated automatically to Win 10 Pro X64. Used using in win-7 the virtual machine for XP en Win98SE. VHD of win 7 can not be used bij Hyper V so I installed Hyper V and created a win 7 32 bit machine.

In Hyper V management console of the win 10 host, I can not create a virtual switch, although I 'm administrator of the platform.

KKR_65, Aug 10, 2016
Thema:

stalled install of hyper-v on win 10 pro host

1. stalled install of hyper-v on win 10 pro host - Similar Threads - stalled install hyper

2. Shared clipboard between Hyper-V VM and Win 10 host

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Shared clipboard between Hyper-V VM and Win 10 host: Does Hyper-V support shared clipboard with host. I can't see any way to do it and it's a feature I really miss from Oracle VB. 141251
  3. Hyper-V is it for Win 10 Pro ONLY

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper-V is it for Win 10 Pro ONLY: I have a The Windows 10 is Home... desktop PC... Hyper-V is it for Win 10 Pro ONLY...? If Hyper-V can run too on Windows Home... I must disable it to run VMs in Virtual Box or VMware Player??? How to disable Hyper-V in Windows 10 Home...? I must enable Hyper-V if I want to...
  4. Established win 7 pro into Hyper-V or

Established win 7 pro into Hyper-V or: I have win7 pro Latitude e6530 thats loaded with software and business items that took me years to build. Can I bring this image into my new win 10pro XPS 13 used as a virtual? Could I use Redeploy from macrium reflect to help? I'd be happy with being able to boot from an...
  5. Windows 10 Host Hyper-V RemoteFX VGPU Gaming-

Windows 10 Host Hyper-V RemoteFX VGPU Gaming-: Hello, Sorry if this post already exist somewhere else, I checked through all of the category's pages and didn't find anything related. Reasoning behind this whole endeavor: I want to separate Programming, gaming and DBA activities from my main OS. Basically I'm OCD...
  6. HYPER-V won't install properly on W10 HOST

HYPER-V won't install properly on W10 HOST: Hi there I can't install HYPER-V properly on a W10 HOST -- gets message about something in BIOS not enabled. Installs fine on W8.1 . On W10 the boxes are greyed out. Cheers jimbo 2284
  7. Hyper-V VM shows host taskbar

Hyper-V VM shows host taskbar: Today, mysteriously both my Hyper-V vms are showing the taskbar of the host instead of the vm in enhanced session mode. They have always shown vm's taskbar until today. I can use the Windows key to bring up vm's task bar, but this is really annoying. Does anyone have an idea...
  8. Win 8 pro full in Hyper-V won't accept key.

Win 8 pro full in Hyper-V won't accept key.: Win 8 pro full in Hyper-V won't accept key. Says win 8 pro is an update version. Show key shows there is a Vista marker in the VM firmware. Any way round this? 30049
  9. Install Hyper V on Win 10 Home

Install Hyper V on Win 10 Home: Hi, I have a problem where I could not enable/install Hyper V on my computer. I tried for looking to this problem but could not find anything about this problem. I followed the methodes to enable it but couldn't found Hyper V in the list. thanks 23360
  10. Local Resources not showing for Win 10 Pro Hyper-V VM

Local Resources not showing for Win 10 Pro Hyper-V VM: Hey- I've been troubleshooting this for ages, and am getting no-where fast! *Mad I'm basically trying to get a webcam to be available in the Windows 10 Pro Gen2 VM using Hyper-V. My host is Windows 10 Pro (on the same PC). I've read that I need to use RDP to...
Tags: