Windows 10: Stalled Updates?

Discus and support Stalled Updates? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; That is what it looks like to me on my wife's computer: 1. Before the Feb2018 Cumulative Update even started to download, updates for Malicious... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Not Myself, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Stalled Updates?

That is what it looks like to me on my wife's computer:

1. Before the Feb2018 Cumulative Update even started to download, updates for Malicious Software and Defender Antivirus were shown as waiting to install.

2. Cumulative downloaded, has been on install 100% for at least thirty minutes.

3. The two updates in (1.) are still waiting.

That is why I suspect the updating system is stuck, and I don't know what to do about it. I am tempted to restart the computer, but I have no idea what damage, if any, that might cause. Ideas, suggestions, magic incantations are invited. Meanwhile, I am just going to leave the updater as it is; perhaps it will figure out what to do on its own, although I am doubtful, given the strange situation that exists.

===
    I wonder how my wife's computer read this message: I just checked, and found her computer ready to restart to install the Cumulative, which it is doing as I write this. The other two updates are not even showing. I guess her computer felt threatened, and decided to take action....

:)

Not Myself, Feb 13, 2018
  2. BigD63 Win User

W10 upgrade stalled. No % complete. Stalled on light blue four block icon

After 11 hours and 45 minutes the PC rebooted and came back to W7. Didn't watch so I am not sure if it stayed on the same screen described above the entire time. W7 seems a bit slower now than before. Windows updates says W10 upgrade failed Error code
    8007002c-300D. No know matches with Windows help.

BigD63, Feb 13, 2018
  3. W10 upgrade stalled. No % complete. Stalled on light blue four block icon

Hi,

I would suggest that you
    contact Microsoft
    for this particular issue. They will know a lot more than anybody on these forums. If you get this wrong then it could stop your computer working altogether.

The only thing that I can think of would be to do a force-shutdown by holding down the power button until your computer turns off. However this poses risks and I have no idea that it will work. If it doesn't work, don't blame me though. I am only giving
    ideas, not saying you should do them. There is a chance that this would wipe your computer, or worse.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Reece Coombes, Feb 13, 2018
Thema:

Stalled Updates?

1. Stalled Updates? - Similar Threads - Stalled Updates

2. Windows 10 May 2021 update stalled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 May 2021 update stalled: Windows 10 upgrade assistant has been stalled at 99% for hours for the May, 2021 update. Tried copying and pasting the media folder as suggested by Microsoft but it got to 99 percent and advised that there was something open. I believe the only thing I have open is the update...
  3. Windows May 2120 Feature Updated stalled - help!

Windows May 2120 Feature Updated stalled - help!: I used System Update to download and install the May 2120 Feature Update but the process didn't complete properly. There were no error messages and History showed no installation has taken place. However the Power button showed the options of Install and Restart. Tried this...
  4. Update stalled

Update stalled: I am stalled at different percentages each time I try. Once , I got to 99% but I hit pause updates by mistake and it didn't finish. Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-stalled/f769f5a5-a68e-4f7e-b6fb-00bea2f395fa
  5. Update V20H2 stalls

Update V20H2 stalls: Update V20H2 stalls out at 61%. I have tried several times, use troubleshooter, etc. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-v20h2-stalls/5ec1a6a8-ba94-449b-ab37-986e7e3653b6
  6. WIndows Update v2004 Stalls at Downloading 100%

WIndows Update v2004 Stalls at Downloading 100%: Update never progresses past Status: Downloading - 100%. See Window Update screenshot below. Other updates are downloading and installing properly. See View Update History screenshot below. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows 10 update has stalled

Windows 10 update has stalled: started update & computer is frozen on black screen for 18 hours. Can hear something running but can't get a screen op. Should I torn off & restart? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-has-stalled/2ca43742-3056-49b1-a936-16f7f53b8ac0
  8. Update stall

Update stall: Windows 10 update says I need to Manually uninstall MCafee VirusScan Enterprise Edition. I don't have the program, I have gone to their website for help, received this Run Command, "msiexec /x {CE15D1B6-19B6-4D4D-8F43-CF5D2C3356FF} REMOVE=ALL REBOOT=R" Ran it, Says "This...
  9. Windows 10 2004 update stalls at 91% 5 times from June to August 2020.

Windows 10 2004 update stalls at 91% 5 times from June to August 2020.: The subject says it all. I have tried on multiple occasions to install 2004 but every time it stalls on 91%. I have left it in this state for up to 12 hours to no avail. Is this ever going to be fixed?...
  10. Windows 10 update stalled at 90% for 10 hours

Windows 10 update stalled at 90% for 10 hours: Could someone help me please? I was in the process of installing the latest Windows 10 update which has stalled at 90% for about 10 hours. I am unable to interupt the update or even to power down....