Windows 10: Stalled Updates?

Discus and support Stalled Updates? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; That is what it looks like to me on my wife's computer: 1. Before the Feb2018 Cumulative Update even started to download, updates for Malicious... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Not Myself, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Stalled Updates?

That is what it looks like to me on my wife's computer:

1. Before the Feb2018 Cumulative Update even started to download, updates for Malicious Software and Defender Antivirus were shown as waiting to install.

2. Cumulative downloaded, has been on install 100% for at least thirty minutes.

3. The two updates in (1.) are still waiting.

That is why I suspect the updating system is stuck, and I don't know what to do about it. I am tempted to restart the computer, but I have no idea what damage, if any, that might cause. Ideas, suggestions, magic incantations are invited. Meanwhile, I am just going to leave the updater as it is; perhaps it will figure out what to do on its own, although I am doubtful, given the strange situation that exists.

===
    I wonder how my wife's computer read this message: I just checked, and found her computer ready to restart to install the Cumulative, which it is doing as I write this. The other two updates are not even showing. I guess her computer felt threatened, and decided to take action....

:)

Not Myself, Feb 13, 2018
  2. BigD63 Win User

W10 upgrade stalled. No % complete. Stalled on light blue four block icon

After 11 hours and 45 minutes the PC rebooted and came back to W7. Didn't watch so I am not sure if it stayed on the same screen described above the entire time. W7 seems a bit slower now than before. Windows updates says W10 upgrade failed Error code
    8007002c-300D. No know matches with Windows help.

BigD63, Feb 13, 2018
  3. W10 upgrade stalled. No % complete. Stalled on light blue four block icon

Hi,

I would suggest that you
    contact Microsoft
    for this particular issue. They will know a lot more than anybody on these forums. If you get this wrong then it could stop your computer working altogether.

The only thing that I can think of would be to do a force-shutdown by holding down the power button until your computer turns off. However this poses risks and I have no idea that it will work. If it doesn't work, don't blame me though. I am only giving
    ideas, not saying you should do them. There is a chance that this would wipe your computer, or worse.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Reece Coombes, Feb 13, 2018
Thema:

Stalled Updates?

1. Stalled Updates? - Similar Threads - Stalled Updates

2. Forced update Win10 to Win11 stalls at license accept button, makes computer unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forced update Win10 to Win11 stalls at license accept button, makes computer unusable: Hello,my computer wants me to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11, but clicking the Accept or Decline button on the License has just the visual effect of the button being clicked, although nothing happens. Wanting to Skip the Windows 11 installation brings me to the license...
  3. Forced update Win10 to Win11 stalls at license accept button, makes computer unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forced update Win10 to Win11 stalls at license accept button, makes computer unusable: Hello,my computer wants me to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11, but clicking the Accept or Decline button on the License has just the visual effect of the button being clicked, although nothing happens. Wanting to Skip the Windows 11 installation brings me to the license...
  4. Forced update Win10 to Win11 stalls at license accept button, makes computer unusable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win10 Won't updateerrors, System Files Cleanup stalls at Windows Updates deletion, Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Won't updateerrors, System Files Cleanup stalls at Windows Updates deletion, Windows...: I am running a Windows 10 free upgrade from WIndows 7 on a Acer Aspire laptop. Windows Updates fail, Update Troubleshooter-Potential Windows Update Database error detected=>Not Fixed,SFC /Scannow-cannot start the repair service error, DISM Restore Health fails, chkdsk is all...
  6. Win10 Won't updateerrors, System Files Cleanup stalls at Windows Updates deletion, Windows...

Win10 Won't updateerrors, System Files Cleanup stalls at Windows Updates deletion, Windows...: I am running a Windows 10 free upgrade from WIndows 7 on a Acer Aspire laptop. Windows Updates fail, Update Troubleshooter-Potential Windows Update Database error detected=>Not Fixed,SFC /Scannow-cannot start the repair service error, DISM Restore Health fails, chkdsk is all...
  7. Win10 Won't updateerrors, System Files Cleanup stalls at Windows Updates deletion, Windows...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Photos app stalls while File Explorer is ... updating?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app stalls while File Explorer is ... updating?: I am using Windows PHOTOS app to modify/rename/cleanUp my photos and videos recently download from my iPhone. I like the app, but it frequently "stalls". When I close the stalled Photos app, I find that the Windows Explorer app is usually in "update" mode, or something. See...
  9. Photos app stalls while File Explorer is ... updating?

Photos app stalls while File Explorer is ... updating?: I am using Windows PHOTOS app to modify/rename/cleanUp my photos and videos recently download from my iPhone. I like the app, but it frequently "stalls". When I close the stalled Photos app, I find that the Windows Explorer app is usually in "update" mode, or something. See...
  10. Defender stalls when downloading updates

Defender stalls when downloading updates: Greetings,MS Defender stalls when downloading. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-stalls-when-downloading-updates/1469a71e-14f0-4223-9357-706e0180c69d