Windows 10: Stand alone games not launching...

Discus and support Stand alone games not launching... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; EVE online and Elder Scrolls online aren't launching properly. All my games in Steam have no issues. For some reason games outside of Steam and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ACESsiggy, Feb 2, 2023.

1. ACESsiggy Win User

Stand alone games not launching...

EVE online and Elder Scrolls online aren't launching properly. All my games in Steam have no issues. For some reason games outside of Steam and Microsoft games there is a glitch. The games try and load .... then nothing. It's weird. I just updated my motherboard recently and this is when it started. The games don't run at all... even going into their folders and launching directly still nothing happens.

:)

ACESsiggy, Feb 2, 2023

2. Launching games

Hi Wesley,

Windows 10 is gamer-friendly by design. If an issue like being unable to launch a game happens, it can be caused by outdated display driver or other factors that cause conflict when launching the app. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask for additional
    information. Please answer the following:

• What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you getting an error message when launching the game?
    • Have you made any changes to the settings or installed updates prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • What specific games are you having issues with?

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 2, 2023
  3. Cross 313 Win User
    Unable to Launch Games such as Gears 4

I've been battling this issue for a while, and I am at my wits end. I am unable to launch ANY game from the Windows Store, when attempting a window will pop-up and go away, and that's it.

Troubleshooting steps performed:

• Reinstalled Windows (just did this a few days ago)
    • Ran WSReset.exe
    • Ran the Windows Troubleshooting tool.
    • I've tried the turning off the Windows Update trick
    • Changed my Gamertag in hopes maybe it would correct the issue. (which was a waste of $10)

I am not sure what else to do and I would really love to play Gears 4 on my computer... but as it stands it is impossible.

Cross 313, Feb 2, 2023
  4. Stand alone games not launching...

Games won't launch and run in background.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know with the following information for better assistance:

• What exactly do you mean by games does not run in the background?
    • Which are the games you are trying to launch?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error notification while trying to launch the game?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

I would like to inform that the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable x86,
    usually occupy 1 GB of the storage space.

I suggest you to run disk cleanup to free the memory: Free up drive space in Windows 10
    and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 2, 2023
Thema:

Stand alone games not launching...

1. Stand alone games not launching... - Similar Threads - Stand alone games

2. Sculpt stand alone keypad isn't working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sculpt stand alone keypad isn't working: I have a MS Sculpt Keyboard and stand alone number keypad. I have been able to utilize the keyboard, but I am unable to get the keypad to engage. I've replaced the battery in the keypad. I've seen some articles to "turn on" the keypad, but I don't have an on/off switch. Also,...
  3. 22H2 offline stand-alone upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    22H2 offline stand-alone upgrade: How can I manually upgrade a Windows 10 machine from version 20H2 to 22H2 without connecting it to the internet? It's completely stand alone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/22h2-offline-stand-alone-upgrade/9fb5855f-e8b8-4108-998e-e2a9728827d9
  4. 22H2 offline stand-alone upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    22H2 offline stand-alone upgrade: How can I manually upgrade a Windows 10 machine from version 20H2 to 22H2 without connecting it to the internet? It's completely stand alone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/22h2-offline-stand-alone-upgrade/9fb5855f-e8b8-4108-998e-e2a9728827d9
  5. 22H2 offline stand-alone upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Stand alone games not launching...

Stand alone games not launching...: EVE online and Elder Scrolls online aren't launching properly. All my games in Steam have no issues. For some reason games outside of Steam and Microsoft games there is a glitch. The games try and load .... then nothing. It's weird. I just updated my motherboard recently and...
  7. win 11 stand alone OEM?

win 11 stand alone OEM?: Is windows 11 only an upgrade from win 8 or 10? with all the problems I read on win 11 upgrade I don't want to upgrade to 11. I build my own computers, my question is will win 11 be available as an OEM so I can do a stand alone full install on a new computer build?...
  8. win 11 stand alone OEM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 11 stand alone OEM?: Is windows 11 only an upgrade from win 8 or 10? with all the problems I read on win 11 upgrade I don't want to upgrade to 11. I build my own computers, my question is will win 11 be available as an OEM so I can do a stand alone full install on a new computer build?...
  9. H.264 stand alone DVR

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    H.264 stand alone DVR: I cannot view my home security system (h.264) in microsoft edge i have set all my ports forwarding in my router and they are open and my router is not blocking those Any suggestions Charlie...
  10. Microsoft Excel stand alone disk.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Excel stand alone disk.: Can I purchase a Microsoft Excel stand alone disk for my DELL Desk Top computer? And, if I can, where do I purchase it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-excel-stand-alone-disk/097fac70-11ef-4894-af03-ff0d504a3595"