Windows 10: Stand alone Macrium restore need to load drivers - any ideas

Discus and support Stand alone Macrium restore need to load drivers - any ideas in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi folks I have some Windows Virtual machines running under QEMU/KVM - but want to take images -- no problem with running Macriium from WITHIN the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jimbo45, Jan 2, 2020.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Stand alone Macrium restore need to load drivers - any ideas

Hi folks

I have some Windows Virtual machines running under QEMU/KVM - but want to take images -- no problem with running Macriium from WITHIN the windows virtual machines, but on restore it will fail as it needs the win-virtio drivers -.

I have the drivers so no probs there but is there a way of loading these windows drivers when creating the stand alone boot media

If the drivers aren't there in the boot up winpe / winre module then Macrium doesn't recognize the Virtual disk to restore the image to.

Screenshot of my Windows Virtual Machine devices shown later in this post.

the drivers can be loaded via an ISO image no prob presumably when creating the stand alone boot media

(There's one unknown hardware device in my list here but it's OK - some tpm security module or whatever -- don't need or use it in a VM) - the other drivers I need are marked).

I'm sure there is a way of doing this -- I want to use Macrium to backup the VM's --I don't need the entire disk image via using DD in Linux. To repeat --no problem in CREATING the image via macrium -- it's RESTORE from stand alone boot media.

Problem doesn't arise in VMWare but it's the basically Red Hat paravirtualised i/o drivers that obviously can't be distributed automatically with Macrium.

Stand alone Macrium restore need to load drivers - any ideas [​IMG]

BTW these drivers absolutely make these VM's fly --- don't forget the video qxl driver andthe ethernet virtio drivers too so you've got host speed for network between guest and host and FULL LAN speed from VM's to rest of LAN.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 2, 2020
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

@Bree

problem solved and it works

Thanks !!!!

Marking as Solved

Cheers

jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 2, 2020
  3. jimbo45 Win User

Hi folks

I have some Windows Virtual machines running under QEMU/KVM - but want to take images -- no problem with running Macriium from WITHIN the windows virtual machines, but on restore it will fail as it needs the win-virtio drivers -.

I have the drivers so no probs there but is there a way of loading these windows drivers when creating the stand alone boot media

If the drivers aren't there in the boot up winpe / winre module then Macrium doesn't recognize the Virtual disk to restore the image to.

Screenshot of my Windows Virtual Machine devices shown later in this post.

the drivers can be loaded via an ISO image no prob presumably when creating the stand alone boot media

(There's one unknown hardware device in my list here but it's OK - some tpm security module or whatever -- don't need or use it in a VM) - the other drivers I need are marked).

I'm sure there is a way of doing this -- I want to use Macrium to backup the VM's --I don't need the entire disk image via using DD in Linux. To repeat --no problem in CREATING the image via macrium -- it's RESTORE from stand alone boot media.

Problem doesn't arise in VMWare but it's the basically Red Hat paravirtualised i/o drivers that obviously can't be distributed automatically with Macrium.

BTW these drivers absolutely make these VM's fly --- don't forget the video qxl driver andthe ethernet virtio drivers too so you've got host speed for network between guest and host and FULL LAN speed from VM's to rest of LAN.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Bree, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Stand alone Macrium restore need to load drivers - any ideas - Similar Threads - Stand alone Macrium

2. 22H2 offline stand-alone upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    22H2 offline stand-alone upgrade: How can I manually upgrade a Windows 10 machine from version 20H2 to 22H2 without connecting it to the internet? It's completely stand alone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/22h2-offline-stand-alone-upgrade/9fb5855f-e8b8-4108-998e-e2a9728827d9
  3. 22H2 offline stand-alone upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    22H2 offline stand-alone upgrade: How can I manually upgrade a Windows 10 machine from version 20H2 to 22H2 without connecting it to the internet? It's completely stand alone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/22h2-offline-stand-alone-upgrade/9fb5855f-e8b8-4108-998e-e2a9728827d9
  4. Stand alone games not launching...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stand alone games not launching...: EVE online and Elder Scrolls online aren't launching properly. All my games in Steam have no issues. For some reason games outside of Steam and Microsoft games there is a glitch. The games try and load .... then nothing. It's weird. I just updated my motherboard recently and...
  5. Stand alone games not launching...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stand alone games not launching...: EVE online and Elder Scrolls online aren't launching properly. All my games in Steam have no issues. For some reason games outside of Steam and Microsoft games there is a glitch. The games try and load .... then nothing. It's weird. I just updated my motherboard recently and...
  6. win 11 stand alone OEM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 11 stand alone OEM?: Is windows 11 only an upgrade from win 8 or 10? with all the problems I read on win 11 upgrade I don't want to upgrade to 11. I build my own computers, my question is will win 11 be available as an OEM so I can do a stand alone full install on a new computer build?...
  7. Cannot build Macrium stand alone recovery media (V7)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cannot build Macrium stand alone recovery media (V7): Hi there Never had this problem before with Macrium V7 trying to create stand alone recovery media (It's always on AMD computers - never INTEL that I seem to get Windows problems !!!!!) Cheers jimbo 180187
  8. H.264 stand alone DVR

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    H.264 stand alone DVR: I cannot view my home security system (h.264) in microsoft edge i have set all my ports forwarding in my router and they are open and my router is not blocking those Any suggestions Charlie...
  9. Microsoft Excel stand alone disk.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Excel stand alone disk.: Can I purchase a Microsoft Excel stand alone disk for my DELL Desk Top computer? And, if I can, where do I purchase it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-excel-stand-alone-disk/097fac70-11ef-4894-af03-ff0d504a3595"
  10. Stand alone driver for Killer networking suite?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stand alone driver for Killer networking suite?: Currently have an MSI GT80 laptop and really getting annoyed with all the slow connections, drops etc with this suite (i'm sure its the culprit as reading other reviews posts etc) and wondering how i can go about getting rid of the suite and installing a standard driver from...