Windows 10: Stand By

Discus and support Stand By in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; At the present my computer goes into standby automatically. How do I change it so it doesn't go into standby so I don't have to enter my password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tully, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Tully Win User

Stand By

At the present my computer goes into standby automatically.

How do I change it so it doesn't go into standby so I don't have to enter my password every time?

I have tried everything!

:)

Tully, Oct 11, 2014

2. Nokia 1661 stand-by

Oh my ! Me too.. Somebody help us! I am glad I am not the only one.

annbradford24, Oct 11, 2014
  3. Camera on stand by

My nokia x3-00 camera and video camera on stand by what can i do plz tell me its solution

Jatin30jatin, Oct 11, 2014
  4. Stand By

On mine its right click start menu and chose power options

then edit current plan and change the option for when to put computer to sleep

paulsalter, Oct 11, 2014
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 11, 2014
  6. labeeman Win User
    Control panel
    power options
    systems settings
    select
    don't require a password.

labeeman, Oct 11, 2014
  7. Tully Win User
    My Control Panel in W10 does not have a "Power Option".

Tully, Oct 11, 2014
  8. Stand By

Hi

You should be able to get to Power Options by right clicking on the Start Button.
    It's in the right click drop down list.

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Oct 11, 2014
  9. Tully Win User
    I did that, found the relevant tick boxes, made choice to "DO NOT REQUIRE PASSWORD on awake" clicked "SAVE", shut down, restarted, no change!

Tully, Oct 11, 2014
  10. Charlie Win User
    Charlie, Oct 11, 2014
  11. DavidE Win User
    If you don't want it to auto sleep, set "Put the computer to sleep:" to never in the Plan settings.

Stand By [​IMG]

DavidE, Oct 11, 2014
  12. Tully Win User
    Did that! Still goes into screen saver & have to put in password after wake!

Must be some thing I am not doing right!

Tully, Oct 12, 2014
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Stand By

Brink, Oct 12, 2014
  14. AddRAM Win User
    Of course it does.

AddRAM, Oct 12, 2014
  15. badrobot Win User
    There is login password (on boot up or restart) and there is "wake up" password.
    Everything have been discussed. But do it again the other way.

To remove login password on boot up (restart), type "netplwiz" on start menu search, click enter and uncheck the box that says "Users must enter a username and password to this computer". Click Apply, then Ok.

Stand By [​IMG]

To remove "wake up" password,

PC Settings >>> Users and Accounts >>> Sign-In Options >>> and click "Change" under "Password Policy".

Stand By [​IMG]

badrobot, Oct 12, 2014
Thema:

Stand By

1. Stand By - Similar Threads - Stand

2. How to use a stand alone mic and a headset at the same time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use a stand alone mic and a headset at the same time.: The headset has a mic on it so whenever it connects the stand alone plugged into the pc mic turns off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-a-stand-alone-mic-and-a-headset-at-the/399b3dc9-f74b-4629-8f6f-947e8cb07cc3
  3. How to use a stand alone mic and a headset at the same time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use a stand alone mic and a headset at the same time.: The headset has a mic on it so whenever it connects the stand alone plugged into the pc mic turns off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-a-stand-alone-mic-and-a-headset-at-the/399b3dc9-f74b-4629-8f6f-947e8cb07cc3
  4. what does EWF stand for

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what does EWF stand for: what does EWF stand for https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-ewf-stand-for/8c973942-6741-416b-b2b6-e7c0ba7154d4
  5. what does EWF stand for

what does EWF stand for: what does EWF stand for https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-ewf-stand-for/8c973942-6741-416b-b2b6-e7c0ba7154d4
  6. BitLocker event id: 805 stands for what operation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker event id: 805 stands for what operation?: On windows: 10.0.22621 and 10.0.22631background:Win Hello profile is configured. Where if user enters password incorrect consecutively, user will be prompt to enter BitLocker recovery key during startup. User enters recovery key correctly. And successfully logs in to system.I...
  7. BitLocker event id: 805 stands for what operation?

BitLocker event id: 805 stands for what operation?: On windows: 10.0.22621 and 10.0.22631background:Win Hello profile is configured. Where if user enters password incorrect consecutively, user will be prompt to enter BitLocker recovery key during startup. User enters recovery key correctly. And successfully logs in to system.I...
  8. BitLocker event id: 805 stands for what operation?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. 321 Corrupted files, cant access device manager, cant do safe mode cus the computer stand...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    321 Corrupted files, cant access device manager, cant do safe mode cus the computer stand...: it all started at my programming school class, teacher asked to make a code about couting something but the program closed before showing results, when i asked chat gpt he told me to add getchar the end, this caused the program to turn into a virus as kaspersky said, i...
  10. 321 Corrupted files, cant access device manager, cant do safe mode cus the computer stand...

321 Corrupted files, cant access device manager, cant do safe mode cus the computer stand...: it all started at my programming school class, teacher asked to make a code about couting something but the program closed before showing results, when i asked chat gpt he told me to add getchar the end, this caused the program to turn into a virus as kaspersky said, i...