Windows 10: standalone computer, multiple users, shared jobs

Discus and support standalone computer, multiple users, shared jobs in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey guys, So I have a weird situation. I have several standalone computers in my organization that currently utilize a single shared user account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by oddiwan_kenobi, Sep 26, 2019.

1. standalone computer, multiple users, shared jobs

Hey guys,

So I have a weird situation. I have several standalone computers in my organization that currently utilize a single shared user account that many people use on a regular basis. The reasoning is if they start a job (lets say running a 3D print job that takes several hours) they want to start the job on first shift and have second shift employees be able to log in and monitor that particular job. Is there away that I can have individual user accounts (for tracking purposes) that can all access a single on going job?

:)

oddiwan_kenobi, Sep 26, 2019

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Sep 26, 2019
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. standalone computer, multiple users, shared jobs

Shared Printer on a Private Network w/ Multiple Users

Hey there,

So as the title suggests I have multiple laptops connected to a Private Network, along with the printers we're using. The printers aren't shared, they're accessed separately by each individual laptop.
    What I'm trying to accomplish is to have my laptop share all the printers with each user (I'm able to do this already) while having the source laptops request to the printer come on my Event Viewer log.
    As it is now, when I share a printer with another laptop and that laptop makes a print request, it goes through my personal laptop and pops up in the Event Viewer as if I made the request for a print job my self.
    I would like to be able to log all the print jobs sent to each printer (4 in total) in order to have a count of our much we're printing/paper we're using.

Thanks ahead of time for those who are able to help in any way.

chornitsar, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

standalone computer, multiple users, shared jobs

1. standalone computer, multiple users, shared jobs - Similar Threads - standalone computer multiple

2. Are multiple installations of minecraft necessary for multiple computer users?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are multiple installations of minecraft necessary for multiple computer users?: I and my two children each own copies of minecraft, with our own account name/avatar etc. I have also, reluctantly, created Microsoft accounts for each of us when it became the only way to continue to play the game. My question is: in Windows 11 this pop-up-befuddled,...
  3. Shared passwords from multiple users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Shared passwords from multiple users: When using Edge and windows I get shared saved passwords and favorites from family members not shared computer. How do I stop sharing passwords and different information with family members, but keep sharing them across multiple devices that are my own?...
  4. Shared passwords from multiple users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared passwords from multiple users: When using Edge and windows I get shared saved passwords and favorites from family members not shared computer. How do I stop sharing passwords and different information with family members, but keep sharing them across multiple devices that are my own?...
  5. Shared passwords from multiple users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Multiple Users Share same Desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple Users Share same Desktop: All, I have a test system that must run 24/7. These long tests cannot be interrupted by multiple users logging in at begging of shifts. Currently the testers use the same login and password. We need to identify which user is on the system. Is there a way for multiple...
  7. Standalone computer on unknown network

Standalone computer on unknown network: I recently discovered that my standalone pc, which has never been on a network, has somehow became a user of an unknown domain. I utilized clean all cmd on my ssd and performed a clean windows install from usb created by Windows Creation tool and it's still infected. I...
  8. Multiple Users Accounts in Multiple Computers

Multiple Users Accounts in Multiple Computers: Hi, My name is David Gebert, I am in charge of setting up a new system for my local fire department that I am a member of. We will be installing 2 new desktops, 2 laptops, plus the current 2 laptops we own. We are also planning on adding about 3-6 more computers or...
  9. Needing to clear Multiple Users from Multiple Computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Needing to clear Multiple Users from Multiple Computers: Hello, In my company we use multiple computers that multiple users log into. Due to the nature of their work; the computers run out of Disk Space very quickly. When that happens at the moment we log into the computers clear old user accounts. However, we then come into...
  10. How to set up shared drive for multiple users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to set up shared drive for multiple users: Hi all, Recently got myself a new computer (laptop), and just wondering what's the best way to set this up? I have a (256Gb) SSD which is for Windows/programs, and 1TB HDD for docs, pics, music and game installs. My computer is shared between my wife and I, and we...