Windows 10: Standard Account 'Forgets' Visual Effects

Discus and support Standard Account 'Forgets' Visual Effects in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; On a clean install of Windows 10 Professional v.1909 Build 18363.657, whenever I sign out of my Standard user account, Windows resets my visual effects... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Bulldog, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Bulldog Win User

Standard Account 'Forgets' Visual Effects

On a clean install of Windows 10 Professional v.1909 Build 18363.657, whenever I sign out of my Standard user account, Windows resets my visual effects to default.

Here's what I do:

Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > enter the Administrator password > Advanced tab > Performance Settings button > Visual Effects tab > Custom

From here I setup my visual effects and then click on 'Apply' and then click on 'OK' and again 'OK.'

My visual effects are maintained until I sign out of my account. When I sign in again, my visual effects have been reset to their defaults. (The Administrators account has no such problem.)

How can I persuade Windows 10 to maintain my visual effects.

:)

Bulldog, Feb 22, 2020

2. Lock Screen Fade to Desktop Effect Not Working

Hi,

Before we assist you let us know few details,

• Did you made any changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• Have you created any system restore point on your computer?

As initial troubleshooting steps I suggest you to install the latest windows 10 updates, please follow the steps to install all the windows updates.

If you want to check for the update now, select the Start button, then select
    Settings > Update & security >
    Windows Update > Check for updates.

We suggest you to try changing the visual effect setting. To Change your Visual Effects Settings in Advanced System Settings refer the below steps,

• Press Windows logo key+ X

• Click on Control panel

• Select System and Security

• Click on System

• And select System protection

• Select Advanced tab and click on
      Settings

• Now select the option Let Windows choose what’s best for my computer
      option.

And check if this helps to resolve the issue.

Hope this information helps with best visual effect on your device.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Feb 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 keeps forgetting settings on other standard account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in trying to solve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if you are using a Microsoft Account to login to the standard account.

I suggest you to run the DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) tool by following the steps below:

• On the Search bar type “cmd”. Right Click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)
    • Type “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” (without quotes).

For more information about DISM click on the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert with necessary information for better assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 22, 2020
  4. Standard Account 'Forgets' Visual Effects

Windows 10 - Visual Effects not saving

Hi Jovy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

Do you have any other Administrator user account?

If yes then I suggest you to follow the below steps on how to make your Local Account as Administrator Account.

1. Login into your current Administrator Account.

2. Right click on Start button
    and select Control Panel.

3. Select User Account.

4. Select the option Manage another Account.

5. Select the Local Account.

6. Now select the option Change Account Type
    and select Administrator and click Change Account Type tab.

Once you are successfully change the account into Administrator account, try to change the visual effects and check if the issue is resolved.

Try the above steps and let us know if it helps. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Standard Account 'Forgets' Visual Effects

1. Standard Account 'Forgets' Visual Effects - Similar Threads - Standard Account 'Forgets'

2. Best balanced settings for visual effects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best balanced settings for visual effects: I want to know what of these settings I really should turn on or off, remember I want balanced settings, I mean, if some setting is completely unnecessary allow enabled and vice-versa, alert me about it. I really didn't find out anything looks like with this post because...
  3. Best balanced settings for visual effects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best balanced settings for visual effects: I want to know what of these settings I really should turn on or off, remember I want balanced settings, I mean, if some setting is completely unnecessary allow enabled and vice-versa, alert me about it. I really didn't find out anything looks like with this post because...
  4. Visual effects won't save/change on stardard account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Visual effects won't save/change on stardard account.: Hello, i am using clean install of Windows 10 Pro 1909 x64. I am on standard account, however my visual effects won't save, or changes won't apply! For example: "Show translucent selection rectangle" is unchecked, yet when i box select something on desktop, i have still...
  5. Windows does not seem to respect disabled visual effects on restricted accounts

Windows does not seem to respect disabled visual effects on restricted accounts: Hello, I've got an issue on a Windows 10 Pro system, x64, build 1903. It's not a very recent system and I'm accessing it remotely, using a software called Remote Utilities. On that system two local user accounts exist an admin one and a restricted one. I was logged to...
  6. Remove Windows Media Player Visual Effect.

Remove Windows Media Player Visual Effect.: I installed from effects and I installed Dungeon Siege and now I don't want that effect anymore but I don't know how to remove it. i just want to know how to remove any effect...
  7. Standard account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Standard account: How to make a standard account if I am the administrato. Is it safer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/standard-account/4d0a737f-11b0-4df8-8c05-cb4aa03ba76b"
  8. STandard Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    STandard Account: Why can't I have a Standard account, with my Microsoft account, I've read they are more secure than any other account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/defender_offline-protect_scanning-windows_10/standard-account/8aa263a5-3435-47e8-a3fe-e779dfdcd8bc
  9. April Update visual effects bugs?

in Windows 10 Support
    April Update visual effects bugs?: Hello, Sorry if this has been asked many times before. I noticed in this video that the April Update of Windows 10 seems to have several visual effects issues here and there, for which I'm quite OCD about. I was wondering if these issues shown in the video has been fixed yet...
  10. Change Visual Effects Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Visual Effects Settings in Windows 10: How to: Change Visual Effects Settings in Windows 10 How to Change Visual Effects Settings in Windows 10 Visual effects are the visual bells and whistles for the appearance of Windows for your account. These visual bells and whistles can affect the performance of...