Windows 10: Standard apps + Store app are all greyed out

Discus and support Standard apps + Store app are all greyed out in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Seems like the apps are stuck in "update" mode and they just pop up a few milliseconds and then close when clicked. [img] Have tried running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Soaring Stan, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Standard apps + Store app are all greyed out

Seems like the apps are stuck in "update" mode and they just pop up a few milliseconds and then close when clicked.

Standard apps + Store app are all greyed out [​IMG]

Have tried running this code in Powershell as admin (found it here):

Code: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}[/quote] The code fails after a while due to the Powershell Window is open (doh!). It doesn't matter if I try with the x86 or x64 bit version of PS, neither does it work if I save it as a script and then run it.

Any ideas?
    Thanks a million for any help.

:)

Soaring Stan, Jul 30, 2015
  2. -Britt- Win User

Windows 10 apps not installing/loading - including Store

I've recently installed Windows 10. All of my apps from Windows 8.1 have moved over and seem to be fine. However the standard Windows 10 apps, such as the Store, aren't working. They appear to be greyed out, as though they haven't downloaded. When I press
    them they flash up then close down instantly - even if I use the white Store button on the bottom bar. I have a picture included displaying the Windows apps greyed out, my other apps just fine.

Under my "day-to-day" group, you can see Edge and Cortana are coloured and those work just fine. The Calendar, Mail, etc are greyed and they don't work and won't download. It's been like this since yesterday so they're not just slowly downloading...

Standard apps + Store app are all greyed out [​IMG]

-Britt-, Jul 30, 2015
  3. MatNav Win User
    Store Apps Auto update greyed out

Brand new clean install of Win10, setup as a personal laptop so no domain involved at all. Locally installed everything and on a standard home network.

Most Apps are greyed out, there is only 1 account and it's just a few hours old which is full admin.

The other thing worth noting is that on installing office 2013 (full) pro plus you need to run SFC in order to make it work. It seems all to be broken out of the box. Further more we've witnessed this same behaviour on 6 to 8 individual devices. So clearly
    by design ?? I think several KB fixes are required MSFT.

MatNav, Jul 30, 2015
  4. davewhit Win User

Standard apps + Store app are all greyed out

Had same issue I was thinking just reinstall 10 over the top

davewhit, Jul 30, 2015
  5. I had the same problem, but found a solution:
    1. Open Command Prompt as administrator
    2. Type "sfc /scannow"
    3. Once it is complete type " dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth"
    4. Restart your PC
    5. Open Powershell as admin
    6. Type "Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}" and press enter - when finished all tiles were no longer greyed out and all apps could now run

Although steps 5 and 6 are the same as in the first post, doing steps 1-4 first fixed problems allowing step six to properly work

Hope this helps

Redgeneral, Aug 1, 2015
  6. Thanks, Redgeneral!

Unfortunately I had already reinstalled Windows 10 when I got your reply, so I haven't been able to try your solution but hopefully someone else will benefit from it *Smile

Before reinstalling I tried to make a system recovery, but that messed up things even more: not only did it not solve the initial problem, it also broke the Windows search function completely.

I updated to Windows 10 directly from Windows 7 without making a clean install, maybe that caused the error in the first place...

Soaring Stan, Aug 2, 2015
  7. I had the same problem as described in this forum and came across this whilst trawling the net...I followed redgenerals steps and all worked for me without having to reinstall windows 10 over the top of the original installation...overall i would say the process took about an hour to complete...Also highly advise if anyone else attempts this to copy and paste redgenerals commands to cause any confusion.

Much appreciated for the post!

monkeyboycbd51, Aug 9, 2015
  8. Surfnot Win User

Can someone elaborate on Redgeneral's steps, specifically #6 as I get error messages such as:

Unexpected token '$(' in expression or statement OR
    Unexpected token '\AppManifest.xml"

Please explain with an example how to complete the following:

Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}"

I spent hours over the weekend. I know I am missing something. I upgraded to Windows 10 Home from Windows 8.1

Surfnot, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Standard apps + Store app are all greyed out - Similar Threads - Standard apps Store

2. Background Apps Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background Apps Greyed Out: Whenever I click outside of a window, the screen is greyed out so only the window I am currently in is clearly visible. It makes it super hard to use the multitasking function and even after speaking with Microsoft customer service for over an hour I still haven't figured out...
  3. Background Apps Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background Apps Greyed Out: Whenever I click outside of a window, the screen is greyed out so only the window I am currently in is clearly visible. It makes it super hard to use the multitasking function and even after speaking with Microsoft customer service for over an hour I still haven't figured out...
  4. apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps greyed out: my apps are greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-greyed-out/1b1ec990-efc0-481f-a127-5495654f3c4b
  5. apps greyed out

apps greyed out: my apps are greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-greyed-out/1b1ec990-efc0-481f-a127-5495654f3c4b
  6. Microsoft Store apps delete option grey out

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store apps delete option grey out: I have been trying to delete this app from Microsoft store. The app and feature wouldn't allow me to delete it. I tried deleting it in powershell, but I couldn't find it with this command Get-AppxPackage Select Name, PackageFullName. The app isn't display there....
  7. Microsoft Store app is Greyed out with exclamation Mark

Microsoft Store app is Greyed out with exclamation Mark: I tried so many diffrent troubleshooting methods, yet none worked, there was this other post over here in this community, where someone had the same problem, thier thread is now locked, So first of all, resetting the app does nothing, Trouble shooter says i need to login with...
  8. Install button greyed out in all apps in Microsoft store

Install button greyed out in all apps in Microsoft store: I'm unable to install anything from the store. What I've tried so far: resetting store through app settings running wsreset.exe just hangs and never finishes troubleshoot windows store apps - nothing detected troubleshoot system maintenance - nothing detected...
  9. ALL MICROSOFT APPS GREYED OUT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ALL MICROSOFT APPS GREYED OUT: ALL OF MY MICROSOFT APPS GREYED OUT WITH A EXCALAMATION SIGN.. I UPDATED MY WINDOWS BUT NOTHING CHANGED WHAT SHOULD I DO ? PLEASE HELP MICROSOFT... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-microsoft-apps-greyed-out/15f24896-9100-4fab-ab18-7241e05d7193
  10. Store app greyed out, doesn't start

Store app greyed out, doesn't start: Hey guys, I've a problem and need some help . [img] I was using store and updating both Store and Share.it apps, the update seems to be stuck for some time it was taking long time than usual. Then suddenly store app was closed and don't open any more !! (in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. standard apps are all grayed out