Windows 10: Standard English spell checking and German keyboard in OneNote etc.

Discus and support Standard English spell checking and German keyboard in OneNote etc. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like default English in all Office Applications. For that I changed the Windows language to English as I have to?, which automatically changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Braunschmid, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Standard English spell checking and German keyboard in OneNote etc.

I would like default English in all Office Applications. For that I changed the Windows language to English as I have to?, which automatically changed the keyboard to English too, which I don't want because the physical Keyboard of my Notebook is GERMAN which I cannot change and don't want to change. So when I switch the Keyboard back to German, the spellchecker in OneNote changes to German too - which is annoying, because most of my text is English that's how it is in science ... So what can I do: German Keyboard and default English spelling in OneNote?

:)

Braunschmid, Jan 6, 2020
  2. JacintoYu Win User

Windows 10 OneNote spell check

I'm using windows 10 OneNote (not OneNote 2016). It does spell check on some of the pages but it doesn't do on other pages. My default language is English (United States) and my region is United States. How do I turn on the spell check on every page, including
    new pages?

JacintoYu, Jan 6, 2020
  3. JacintoYu Win User
    Windows 10 OneNote spell check

I finally figured it out myself. To enable spellcheck in OneNote (in Apps), you have to use English (United States) input method, not other method like Français or Chinese to type English letters, it will only spell check in their languages but not in
    English. You must type in the right input method to enable the spell check in its corresponding language.

JacintoYu, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Standard English spell checking and German keyboard in OneNote etc.

How to turn off spelling and grammar check in OneNote on Windows 10

For disabling spelling and grammar errors, follow these steps:

1. Go to Review tab → LanguageLanguage preferences in OneNote from the top ribbon.
    2. OneNote options window will appear, go to Proofing, third from top, you can see the options on the right side.
    3. Click Hide Spelling and grammar errors.
    4. Restart OneNote.

It will disable all the spelling mistakes.

Siva Lokam, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Standard English spell checking and German keyboard in OneNote etc.

1. Standard English spell checking and German keyboard in OneNote etc. - Similar Threads - Standard English spell

2. German keyboard need English symbols help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    German keyboard need English symbols help: Hi, hope someone can help. I have bought a German HP Pro Book x360 11 G3 EE Windows 11 I think laptop thinking what a great deal... that lasted 10 minutes.... so, I have managed to change everything to English, however the laptop's physical keyboard is in German. Now, I have...
  3. German keyboard need English symbols help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    German keyboard need English symbols help: Hi, hope someone can help. I have bought a German HP Pro Book x360 11 G3 EE Windows 11 I think laptop thinking what a great deal... that lasted 10 minutes.... so, I have managed to change everything to English, however the laptop's physical keyboard is in German. Now, I have...
  4. How to convert a German Windows, German keyboard to an English Windows with Danish keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to convert a German Windows, German keyboard to an English Windows with Danish keyboard: I recently purchased a 2. hand Lenovo ThinkPad T590 from Germany with a German Windows 10 Pro and German keyboard installed.I tried to change language to English and the keyboard layout to Danish. At first everything looked fine, but it shows up that there are a lot of German...
  5. How to convert a German Windows, German keyboard to an English Windows with Danish keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to convert a German Windows, German keyboard to an English Windows with Danish keyboard: I recently purchased a 2. hand Lenovo ThinkPad T590 from Germany with a German Windows 10 Pro and German keyboard installed.I tried to change language to English and the keyboard layout to Danish. At first everything looked fine, but it shows up that there are a lot of German...
  6. English English Spell Check

in Windows 10 Support
    English English Spell Check: It used to be that my web browser always had English English for its auto spell check, but ever since I went to Win Edge it started to try to "correct" me with American spellings. As a result I tried to change it back to English English, but now auto spell check doesn't work...
  7. OneNote Windows 10 Spell Check Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneNote Windows 10 Spell Check Not Working: The spell check for OneNote for Windows 10 does not work on my laptop. No red line appears under miss-spelled words, Hide Proofing Errors is set to off and the language is set up correctly so I'm out of ideas. OneNote 2016 spell check works ok for me but I prefer how the...
  8. Windows 10 spell checking checks British English

Windows 10 spell checking checks British English: Hi, The default Windows 10 spell checker i.e. the one in browser test inputs such as this uses British English for spell checking Colour = correct, Color = Incorrect etc. My Wndows Display Language is set to English United States and my first proffered language is also...
  9. English/German Keyboard-language issue

English/German Keyboard-language issue: Hello there. I've recently installed the German language keyboard onto my American keyboard. I've done this in the past on other computers and didn't seem to have an issue. I have this on my laptop currently, also no issue. However, only on this computer--my...
  10. Bing Image Search + OneNote & OneNote Online Spell Check update

in Windows 10 News
    Bing Image Search + OneNote & OneNote Online Spell Check update: We on the OneNote team are always working to improve our experiences and provide more to our customers. From big release to small updates and enhancements we are always listening to your feedback. In today’s post we wanted to introduce you to a couple recent updates: Clip to...