Windows 10: Standard hardware security not supported.

Discus and support Standard hardware security not supported. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I recently reset windows to factory settings via restore and now in windows defender standard hardware security is not supported. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Андрей Снегов, Dec 20, 2022.

1. Standard hardware security not supported.

Hello everyone. I recently reset windows to factory settings via restore and now in windows defender standard hardware security is not supported. How to fix it? Windows 11 21h2.

:)

Андрей Снегов, Dec 20, 2022

2. Standard Hardware Security not supported

Hi Paul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to run hardware troubleshooter and let us know if that helps.

Type "Troubleshooting" in the
    Windows Search bar and press Enter.

1. Click on "View All" in the top left corner.
    2. This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

Also I would suggest to check if there are any update pending with regard to drivers and to do so, please follow steps mentioned below.

1. Search for Device Manager in
      Windows
      search bar.
    2. Click on Device Manager.
    3. Check if there Yellow Exclamation Point in the list of drivers.

Make sure Windows is up to date.

Hope it helps.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Dec 20, 2022
  3. Rob Koch Win User
    Standard hardware security not supported

I'm replying to Jetta48's post since I'm building off of his reference, which is where I got the original information I used as the basis for my own facetious rant above. Reviewing the section related to Standard Hardware Security:

At the bottom of the Device security screen, one of the following messages will appear indicating the security capability of your device:

Your device meets the requirements for standard hardware security
    This means your device supports memory integrity and core isolation and also has:

• TPM 2.0 (also referred to as your security processor)
    • Secure boot enabled
    • DEP
    • UEFI MAT

As most PC systems built since the time of at least Vista and most probably during the later period of the WinXP era would contain hardware DEP and Secure boot was often enabled on higher-end systems even with Windows 8, these typically wouldn't be involved
    in the display of this message for recent systems.

However, since both the TPM 2.0 and UEFI MAT hardware (really firmware) requirements are relatively new, either and often both of these might be involved on any system such as Jetta48's, since only the newest models might typically include these.

While looking for some of this info, I found the following Microsoft Docs article that provides some additional detail for these and other

Standards for a highly secure Windows 10 device

Both the TPM and UEFI MAT are either described or include a reference to other documentation in their respective hardware or firmware sections.

Rob

Rob Koch, Dec 20, 2022
  4. Standard hardware security not supported.

WIndows 11 - Standard hardware security not supported

Hi MP. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, here to help you.

Here's how to fix Standard hardware not supported:

https://winresolver.com/fix-standard-hardware-s...

https://www.reddit.com/r/windowsinsiders/commen...

https://www.neowin.net/news/windows-11-22h2-bui...

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/bkjs...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows11/comments/o9s...

Make sure TPM2 is enabled in the BIOS:

https://www.techradar.com/how-to/how-to-enable-...

Report back results for each step so I know what else to suggest.

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Veteran MVP - Volunteer Moderator, Dec 20, 2022
Thema:

Standard hardware security not supported.

1. Standard hardware security not supported. - Similar Threads - Standard hardware security

2. Standard hardware security not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Standard hardware security not supported: Your device does not meet the requirements for standard hardware security. Devices have different hardware built in that Windows uses to provide additional protection.Please help me how to fix this, I've reset this multiple times already and the problem still persist, I even...
  3. Standard Hardware Security Not Supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Standard Hardware Security Not Supported: After resetting Win11 suddenly its appearing and options under this has been missing. Before resetting it was there. I've TPM 2.0 enabled from BIOS & I've done every method possible but nothing has come to a positive result. Help me :...
  4. "standard hardware security not supported"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "standard hardware security not supported": I recently upgraded my laptop and when I opened it again it showed me this issue. Will this affect my usage and performance in any way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/standard-hardware-security-not-supported/0a42effe-f209-4b3f-8ec5-97770b6e0620
  5. Standard hardware security not supported.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Standard hardware security not supported.: Hello. After the system is reinstalled, standard hardware security is not supported. How to fix it? Secure Boot is enabled. Before reinstalling the system, everything was fine for me. Performed a reinstall using restore in Windows settings....
  6. Standard hardware security not supported.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Standard hardware security not supported.: Hello. After the system is reinstalled, standard hardware security is not supported. How to fix it? Secure Boot is enabled. Before reinstalling the system, everything was fine for me. Performed a reinstall using restore in Windows settings....
  7. Standard Hardware Security not Supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Standard Hardware Security not Supported: I was doing work and this BSOD popped up and it restarted. Then it started to do Disk Error Checks and Repairs. Later Windows Defender is telling me it is scanning periodically and Standard Hardware Security not Supported. How do I fix This?TPM 2.0Secure boot enabledUEFI...
  8. Standard Hardware Security Not Supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Standard Hardware Security Not Supported: Everything was working fine until I reset my pc. In fact, I even had support for enhanced hardware security. TPM2.0 and SecureBoot is enabled. Virtualization features are enabled. No other setting in my bios is related to the requirements, and yet it's saying it's no longer...
  9. Standard hardware security not supported

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Standard hardware security not supported: Win 10 Pro x64 v1909 This is what I have noticed: Boot drive formatted NTFS / GDP Bios setting: Discrete TPM selected, not firmware TPM Bitlocker can't use TPM What might be the problem? 150653
  10. Standard Hardware Security not supported

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Standard Hardware Security not supported: Can I fix this? "Standard Hardware Security Not Supported"?? How important is the need to fix this?? If I can fix this, how do I do it?? I have an HP 15 Running Windows 10. Laptop runs terribly. I'm not a computer Guru but I am learning. This Laptop was just given to me...