Windows 10: Standard Local user Account issue

Discus and support Standard Local user Account issue in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Since upgrading within Windows 10, I've since noticed that I am unable to access my additional user accounts. My main account is fine and have no... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by spm1801, Apr 21, 2018.

1. spm1801 Win User

Standard Local user Account issue

Since upgrading within Windows 10, I've since noticed that I am unable to access my additional user accounts. My main account is fine and have no issue.

When I go to log in to additional user account, i click sign in (no password set up for either of my additional accounts, just the main user account). It starts to load but then I get a black screen with mouse cursor. I leave for a long time thinking it will load...without success.

I then control alt delete to load task manager and have to sign out to come out.

Was working fine until 2 weeks ago.

Any suggestions on a fix please.

:)

spm1801, Apr 21, 2018

2. Photos app face recognition and naming people detected

Jan,

it is not a question of the device, but a question of the combination device / user account. I have three PCs:

PC1: 3 user accounts

- administrator (local accout): naming not possible

- standard user 1 (Microsoft account): naming not possible

- standard user 2 (local account): naming possible

PC2: 3 user accounts

- administrator (local accout): naming not possible

- standard user 1 (Microsoft account): naming possible

- standard user 2 (local account): naming not possible

PC3: 2 user accounts

- administrator (local accout): naming possible

- standard user 1 (Microsoft account): naming not possible

You are right, for naming the persons, the Photos app must be given access to the contacts stored in the People app. But this is true for all my user accounts, so this can't be the the reason why the naming is not possible for some user accounts.

Hans-Martin S, Apr 21, 2018
  3. How to prevent local accounts?

Hello Lexionn,

We apologies for delay in responding back to you.

We would like to inform you that if your Child account is a standard account then there is no possible way to create a local user account from the standard account. New User account can only be created from an administrator account.

Can you tell us how exactly are they creating the local user account from their standard account so that we can investigate on this issue further?

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 21, 2018
  4. Try3 Win User

An answer might be in one of these threads - Black screen with cursor

The cause might be that an online hacker has logged into one of your additional accounts and messed about with it but that is just speculation. The absence of an account password represents an open door to online hackers.

Denis

Thema:

1. Standard Local user Account issue - Similar Threads - Standard Local user

2. How to allow Standard User local account to Install Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to allow Standard User local account to Install Programs: I have Win 11 set up with a Standard User Account local without admin privileges for day to day operations. I don't want anyone with admin privileges doing day to day work for safety reasons. What is the best way to give the Standard User temporary access to an admin password...
  3. How to allow Standard User local account to Install Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to allow Standard User local account to Install Programs: I have Win 11 set up with a Standard User Account local without admin privileges for day to day operations. I don't want anyone with admin privileges doing day to day work for safety reasons. What is the best way to give the Standard User temporary access to an admin password...
  4. Administer / Standard User Accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administer / Standard User Accounts: I want to set up my Microsoft Account with both an Administrator account for making changes and a Standard User account for everyday use. However, I only have one email address. How can I do this? Or must I run as an administrator all the time?...
  5. Local User Account

Local User Account: Hi, I have a problem that I cant delete my other local user account, already perform Setting > Account > Family and other user > remove account But still the user appear, appreciate for the help, thanks...
  6. local user account

local user account: how do I access the one that I created https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-user-account/ee6a2922-2dfb-4e0b-9944-70cfa2a5be8d
  7. Changing Standard user account to Administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing Standard user account to Administrator account: Split from this thread. how do I change administrator on this ProBook s series. administrator passed away gave this laptop to me but cannot change from owner guest to administrator? ***Original title: How do I change administrator on this laptop?***...
  8. Local Account Administrator appears as Standard

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local Account Administrator appears as Standard: Hi there, Maybe this is totally normal, but I'm not quite sure why it works this way. In the Win10 panel, the account shows as administrator, in the old control panel it looks different: [img] Basically, my account which is the administrator appears as a standard...
  9. Local Admin Account vs standard Account

Local Admin Account vs standard Account: i have to ask this i am on Windows 10 Home build 16299.19 as i am currently terminating an old account and going to my most current account but i am concerned that the one i use to login into my current PC might be lost and i do wonder if the admin account i use for this HP...
  10. Downgrading from a local Admin Account to a Standard User Account?

Downgrading from a local Admin Account to a Standard User Account?: After reinstalling Windows 10, I created a local Admin user account just enough for me to install some apps and set things up. After that, I created another local Admin account. Now, I need to downgrade my current Admin account (which I created during setup) to a Standard...