Windows 10: Standard options not appearing on forced recovery.

Discus and support Standard options not appearing on forced recovery. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a black screen with nothing but a cursor and need to reset windows. However when I try the method of putting the computer into Recovery I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Turkeylurkey970Turkey, Jan 28, 2022.

1. Standard options not appearing on forced recovery.

I have a black screen with nothing but a cursor and need to reset windows. However when I try the method of putting the computer into Recovery I have no troubleshoot or advanced options. The only thing that shows is Enter to try starting again F1 to enter recovery environment which doesn’t work and then F8 for startup settings which don’t work and ESC for UEFI settings. And way to fix this and get the proper options up?

:)

Turkeylurkey970Turkey, Jan 28, 2022
  2. topgundcp Win User

How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Jan 28, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Recovery options

Hi Bo,

Thank you for updating us. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to run DISM commands which will try to repair the rest of system files and see if it helps.

Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) installs, uninstalls, configures, and updates the features and CBS packages in offline Windows Embedded 8 Standard (Standard 8) images and offline Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE) 4.0
    images. The commands and options that are available for servicing an image depend on whether the image is offline or online. All commands work on an offline Standard 8 image. Subsets of the commands are available for servicing a running operating system.

I would suggest you to run the below mentioned commands in elevated command prompt and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key and
      X at the same time.

• Choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the context menu.

• In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth.

This command is used to check if an image is repairable. Scan the image to check for corruption. This operation will take several minutes.

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

This command is used to repair an image.

If you are unable to create recovery media then try to follow the steps provided in the articles mentioned below and see if it helps.

Create a recovery drive

For further reference,
    Recovery options in Windows 10

Check if t helps.

Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 28, 2022
  4. Sasqui Win User

Standard options not appearing on forced recovery.

Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Jan 28, 2022
Thema:

Standard options not appearing on forced recovery.

1. Standard options not appearing on forced recovery. - Similar Threads - Standard options appearing

2. Standard options not appearing on forced recovery.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Standard options not appearing on forced recovery.: I have a black screen with nothing but a cursor and need to reset windows. However when I try the method of putting the computer into Recovery I have no troubleshoot or advanced options. The only thing that shows is Enter to try starting again F1 to enter recovery environment...
  3. Standard options not appearing on forced recovery.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Standard options not appearing on forced recovery.: I have a black screen with nothing but a cursor and need to reset windows. However when I try the method of putting the computer into Recovery I have no troubleshoot or advanced options. The only thing that shows is Enter to try starting again F1 to enter recovery environment...
  4. Force Log off option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Force Log off option: HI,The issue im facing is when the Domain password is Expired or locked user removes the the network cable and Login and plug back the network cable. so that user is able to login.Is there any way we can forcefully Logoff the user pc when the password is expired or locked?...
  5. Force Log off option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Force Log off option: HI,The issue im facing is when the Domain password is Expired or locked user removes the the network cable and Login and plug back the network cable. so that user is able to login.Is there any way we can forcefully Logoff the user pc when the password is expired or locked?...
  6. Forcing a program to run with standard privileges?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forcing a program to run with standard privileges?: I have a program that has the elevated shield on its icon but when I run it, I get a window that says Setup should not initially be run elevated. Run setup with standard privileges; it will elevate if needed. I'm logged in as a user with Administrator rights. That's not...
  7. Forcing a program to run with standard privileges?

in Windows 10 Support
    Forcing a program to run with standard privileges?: I have a program that has the elevated shield on its icon but when I run it, I get a window that says Setup should not initially be run elevated. Run setup with standard privileges; it will elevate if needed. I'm logged in as a user with Administrator rights. That's not...
  8. Local Account Administrator appears as Standard

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local Account Administrator appears as Standard: Hi there, Maybe this is totally normal, but I'm not quite sure why it works this way. In the Win10 panel, the account shows as administrator, in the old control panel it looks different: [img] Basically, my account which is the administrator appears as a standard...
  9. Force Context Menu Appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Force Context Menu Appearing: Hello! I have this bug on my windows: [img] When I Right+Click on the start orb to open the win+x menu, sometimes the context menu appears at the top, just like the image above. Is there anyway to force the context menu appearing at exact position? Thanks 52355
  10. What Happened to the Standard Help Option

in Windows 10 Support
    What Happened to the Standard Help Option: Any time I try to use the question mark icon on the upper right side of the screen I get Cortana. When I type in a question, I just get to the Edge browser and the results of a search. Here is the Windows 8.1 result when I click the question mark on File Explorer page:...