Windows 10: Standard PS/2 Keyboard not functioning on HP Elitebook at few times on Login scree

Discus and support Standard PS/2 Keyboard not functioning on HP Elitebook at few times on Login scree in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear Team, I am facing some issue with Keyboard functioning on my HP EliteBook Laptop. When system is on boot or locked for some time, Keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Amit_Tambe, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Standard PS/2 Keyboard not functioning on HP Elitebook at few times on Login scree

Dear Team,

I am facing some issue with Keyboard functioning on my HP EliteBook Laptop.

When system is on boot or locked for some time, Keyboard will not function with any key.

Using on screen key I have logged in ,but observed not working inside login as well,

System has to be re boot again to function .

Will this be key board driver issue or Hardware issue.

Please suggest link to take latest driver.

Model: Win10 Laptop with Intel Core i5 64 bit processor

Thanks

amit

:)

Amit_Tambe, Apr 9, 2020

2. What is "Standard PS/2 Keyboard" in Windows 10?

In device manager I see listed "Standard PS/2 Keyboard". But I don't even have a PS/2 port on my computer (HP Envy all-in-one).

Steve Barrett, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Internal Keyboard showing as Standard PS/2 Keyboard in Device Manager

Sr, I am using Windows 10 on my Lenovo Laptop. My PC was OK till I connected a PS/2 keyboard on it. After I disconnected that PS/2 keyboard, My internal Keyboard is badly working i.e it is autotyping a particular key randomly and whenever I go on Device
    Manager, The keyboard Driver is showing as Standard PS/2 keyboard though there is not any PS/2 keyboard connected. I have uninstalled the keyboard driver and restarted my PC but there is a beeping sound and the Standard PS/2 keyboard driver is back on device
    manager. I have also removed my internal Keyboard and reinstalled it but no difference was made. I have also attached the Standard PS/2 keyboard again but nothing worked. I also uninstalled and reinstalled Windows 10 but nothing actually worked. Should I buy
    a new internal Keyboard? Will that fix the problem? I actually don't know why is my internal Keyboard is showing as Standard PS/2 keyboard in device manager. Please help and suggest me what to do to fix this.

Debarghya_Acharya_640, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Standard PS/2 Keyboard not functioning on HP Elitebook at few times on Login scree

standard PS.2 keyboard skipping key functions

Hello All,

I am having problems with my standard ps/2 keyboard that interferes with typing anything...

PROBLEM- the SHIFT key is not functioning, therefore, many other characters fail to produce today...

however, every day or other days there is a different malfunction of keys. this is so annoying trying to remedy ways to type a document as this is my everyday device...... PLEASE HELP

EvelynBurrell2360, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Standard PS/2 Keyboard not functioning on HP Elitebook at few times on Login scree

1. Standard PS/2 Keyboard not functioning on HP Elitebook at few times on Login scree - Similar Threads - Standard Keyboard functioning

2. Standard PS/2 keyboard is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Standard PS/2 keyboard is not working: This is actually not a cry for help, rather, this is a solution.I saw a post that people, many were suffering this same issue and I can confirm the solution that TomManning1 provided.The solution was simple, but poorly explained.But I will now elaborate as to why the computer...
  3. Standard PS/2 keyboard is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Standard PS/2 keyboard is not working: This is actually not a cry for help, rather, this is a solution.I saw a post that people, many were suffering this same issue and I can confirm the solution that TomManning1 provided.The solution was simple, but poorly explained.But I will now elaborate as to why the computer...
  4. standard ps/2 keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    standard ps/2 keyboard: What will happen if I uninstall the original keyboard on my laptop? Is it safe to uninstall it will the power button still work if I press it after the restart? My original keyboard keys didn't work because its connector is loose and I still don't have time to fix this so I...
  5. standard ps/2 keyboard

standard ps/2 keyboard: What will happen if I uninstall the original keyboard on my laptop? Is it safe to uninstall it will the power button still work if I press it after the restart? My original keyboard keys didn't work because its connector is loose and I still don't have time to fix this so I...
  6. standard ps/2 keyboard

7. Standard Ps/2 keyboard

Standard Ps/2 keyboard: Hello sir,I have recently update my windows version 1709 to 21H2. My windows gone corrupted.As soon as I updated my windows , only the windows shortcuts of Standard PS/2 Keyboard inbuilt of laptop Lenovo Ideapad S145-15API are not working. I have done these following steps....
  8. Standard Ps/2 keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Standard Ps/2 keyboard: Hello sir,I have recently update my windows version 1709 to 21H2. My windows gone corrupted.As soon as I updated my windows , only the windows shortcuts of Standard PS/2 Keyboard inbuilt of laptop Lenovo Ideapad S145-15API are not working. I have done these following steps....
  9. Standard Ps/2 keyboard

10. standard ps 2 keyboard drivers

standard ps 2 keyboard drivers: [ATTACH] I accidentally delete the drive that can type in the keyboard, the keyboard name is "standard ps 2 keyboard drivers" so which website can re-install again. My laptop is HP 15 and I have Windows 10....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to Unplugged HP PC windows 10 laptop standard PS/2 keyboard from keyboard point PDF

2. hp laptop standard ps/2 keyboard not working

3. hp standard ps/2 keyboard driver windows 10

4. standard ps/2 keyboard driver windows 10 microsoft