Windows 10: Standard SATA AHCI Controller with yellow exclamation after update to 1903

Discus and support Standard SATA AHCI Controller with yellow exclamation after update to 1903 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've just updated to 1903 from 1809 and now I have Standard SATA AHCI Controller with yellow exclamation sign in device manager. This device was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sppmaster, May 27, 2019.

1. sppmaster Win User

Standard SATA AHCI Controller with yellow exclamation after update to 1903

I've just updated to 1903 from 1809 and now I have

Standard SATA AHCI Controller with yellow exclamation sign in device manager. This device was migrated.

Device PCI\VEN_1101&DEV_1622&SUBSYS_34147237&REV_01\3&11583659&0&10 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: mshdc.inf
    Class Guid: {4d36e96a-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    Service: storahci
    Lower Filters:
    Upper Filters:
    Problem: 0xA
    Problem Status: 0xC00000C2

Actually I don't have this SATA controller on my machine and I can disable it.

As all of my SSDs (2), HDDs (3) connected to Intel SATA Controller and DVD-RW (only 1 but connected to Marvell SATA Controller) work properly I suppose that this is just a cosmetic issue (anything improperly migrated during the update process).

How can I remove it from my system. It will always show up in device manager after restart even if I uninstall it.

:)

sppmaster, May 27, 2019

2. There is a problem with the driver for Standard SATA AHCI Controller

I have been having problems with my Dell XPS 13 9343 for a while, with a few reoccurring problems:

1) It regularly crashes,

2) Often when I turn it back on after standby, the screen dimensions will change to random dimensions

3) When I tried to update windows 8 to windows 10 it wouldn't update.

I have run anti-malware software, and that doesn't seem to be the problem. I just ran Troubleshooting on Hardware and Devise, and it came up with the message "There is a problem with the driver for Standard SATA AHCI Controller. The driver needs to be reinstalled."
    But when clicked to apply the fix, it said "Troubleshooting was unable to automatically fix the issues found, Stand Standard SATA AHCI Controller has a driver problem".

I don't know if this is the reason I'm having issues with my laptop, but I'd really appreciate some advice on how to fix these problems.

Elliefay22, May 27, 2019
  3. auggy Win User
    IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers - Standard SATA AHCI Controller. One of my harddrive will show up in bios, but not in os

Also, in the Device Manager can you double-click the "Standard SATA AHCI Controller" with the error > Details, then choose "Hardware Ids" from the drop-down menu under "Property".

What is listed under "Value"?

Then click the "General" tab.

What does is say under "Device status"?

Also, what is the make/model of the motherboard or computer?

auggy, May 27, 2019
  4. Standard SATA AHCI Controller with yellow exclamation after update to 1903

Is AHCI enabled?

Hi Shumitra,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

Windows uses AHCI (Advanced Host Controller Interface) by default, but it may not be enabled if your BIOS wasn't set properly during installation of the operating system.

Follow the steps below to check if ACHI is enabled properly.

a. Press Windows + X.

b. Select Device manager.

c. Click the arrow next to "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" to display the list of controller drivers currently used by your system.

d. Check for an entry that contains the acronym "AHCI." If an entry exists, and there is no yellow exclamation mark or red "X" over it, then AHCI mode is properly enabled. If
    you don't see an "AHCI" entry, or the only entry contains a red or yellow mark, then there's a problem and AHCI mode is not properly enabled.

Hope this information helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Suvarna Govinda, May 27, 2019
Thema:

Standard SATA AHCI Controller with yellow exclamation after update to 1903

1. Standard SATA AHCI Controller with yellow exclamation after update to 1903 - Similar Threads - Standard SATA AHCI

2. Standard SATA AHCI Controller Hardware error in Device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Standard SATA AHCI Controller Hardware error in Device manager: So my computer does run fine MOST of the time but I have Blue Screens of death sometimes. All my drivers are good... but in Device manager there is a yellow exclamation mark on Standard SATA AHCI Controllers and it says "This device cannot start". I actually had it disabled...
  3. Standard SATA AHCI Controller Hardware error in Device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Standard SATA AHCI Controller Hardware error in Device manager: So my computer does run fine MOST of the time but I have Blue Screens of death sometimes. All my drivers are good... but in Device manager there is a yellow exclamation mark on Standard SATA AHCI Controllers and it says "This device cannot start". I actually had it disabled...
  4. Standard SATA AHCI Controller Hardware error in Device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. SATA AHCI controller

SATA AHCI controller: Lately I have been using an older hp 15 laptop I have as my newer laptop is having some keyboard issues. My older laptop has plenty of issues on its own, not being able to update and stuff. Working on those issues myself, but opening task manager I notice cpu and disk are...
  6. DO NOT UPDATE to INTEL SATA AHCI from Microsoft's Standard SATA AHCI!!!

DO NOT UPDATE to INTEL SATA AHCI from Microsoft's Standard SATA AHCI!!!: Yup, you heard me... Microsoft's Standard SATA AHCI performs a lot better, and easy on the CPU fan than the Intel ACHI driver. I updated on two of my desktop pcs, one is stuck at startup diagnoses bootloop, and the other one is drying every bit of juice from the fan on...
  7. need driver Standard SATA AHCI Controller

need driver Standard SATA AHCI Controller: Hello, Dell XPS 13 9343 8 GB RAM 512 GB SSD I would get the Blue Screen of Death BSOD, even though Device Manager showed no issues. So I twice did a clean install of the latest Windows 10 available through the MediaCreationTool20H2, and then did all Windows Updates,...
  8. Exclamation mark at standard ahci sata

Exclamation mark at standard ahci sata: Hi I have a dell laptop.I did a clean install of windows 10 becouse i was getting a lot of errors before.I updated everything from windows update and downloaded nvidia drivers from nvidia website.When i got to device manager i see an exclamation mark at standard ahci sata...
  9. AMD SMBus and Standard SATA AHCI Controller Drivers

AMD SMBus and Standard SATA AHCI Controller Drivers: Hi, I'm running a AMD FX-6300 system, 8Gb RAM with Nvidia GTX 750 Ti GPU, running Windows 10 and Avast AV. The 'Driver Updater' in Avast keeps telling me these 2 drivers need updating. But if I try to update them in 'Device Manager' I'm told "Windows has determined you...
  10. Driver Update for Standard SATA AHCI controller driver need version 1.2.1.402

Driver Update for Standard SATA AHCI controller driver need version 1.2.1.402: Have version 10.0.18362 693 need version 1.2.1.402 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-update-for-standard-sata-ahci-controller/0f5bad68-e4a5-4a6a-9af7-15da00e73040

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ahci triangle jaune

2. standard sata ahci controller yellow exclamation point

3. if no sata disk installed achi driver shows yellow triangle

4. display driver and standard sata ahci controller show yellow exclamation mark in device manager,
  5. controleur AHCI SATA standard triangle jaune,
  6. serial ata controller yellow exclamation mark,
  7. i do not see ahci controller in device manager,
  8. ATA chan controller yellow triangel,
  9. 2 standard sata ahci controller showing up,
  10. windows 1903 after update sata driver problem