Windows 10: Standard Security

Discus and support Standard Security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Sirs, Why am I told 'Standard hardware security not supported' in Settings, even though I have 20H2 installed?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KeithLHart, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Standard Security

Sirs,

Why am I told 'Standard hardware security not supported' in Settings, even though I have 20H2 installed?

:)

KeithLHart, Jan 6, 2021
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Jan 6, 2021
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Standard Security

Security bulletins for Windows Embedded 8 Standard.

I am trying to filter the security bulletins by "Windows Embedded 8 Standard". I don't see it listed in the drop down box of "Filter bulletins by product or component" @ Security Advisories and Bulletins

In fact, I don't see any version of Embedded OS listed there. Can somebody tell me why please? Thank you very much.

Ravi_TFScientific, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Standard Security

1. Standard Security - Similar Threads - Standard Security

2. I can't access the windows security, it shows "Standard hardware security not supported"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access the windows security, it shows "Standard hardware security not supported"...: I can't access the windows security, it shows "Standard hardware security not supported" message on Windows 11 23H2 whenever I click on device security. And on the click of Virus & threat protection it shows me "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this...
  3. I can't access the windows security, it shows "Standard hardware security not supported"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access the windows security, it shows "Standard hardware security not supported"...: I can't access the windows security, it shows "Standard hardware security not supported" message on Windows 11 23H2 whenever I click on device security. And on the click of Virus & threat protection it shows me "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this...
  4. device security message...standard hardware security not supported.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    device security message...standard hardware security not supported.: device security message wont clear...states standard hardware not supported... spoke with dell technician...they stated this msg is for a laptop...I have a dell 8950 desktop...i am unable to dismiss message......
  5. device security message...standard hardware security not supported.

device security message...standard hardware security not supported.: device security message wont clear...states standard hardware not supported... spoke with dell technician...they stated this msg is for a laptop...I have a dell 8950 desktop...i am unable to dismiss message......
  6. Device security is saying "Standard hardware security not supported".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device security is saying "Standard hardware security not supported".: My laptop, which just recently updated to Windows 11 23H2 and it keeps popping up with a warning saying "Memory integrity turned off. Your device may e vulnerable."...
  7. Device security is saying "Standard hardware security not supported".

Device security is saying "Standard hardware security not supported".: My laptop, which just recently updated to Windows 11 23H2 and it keeps popping up with a warning saying "Memory integrity turned off. Your device may e vulnerable."...
  8. Windows Defender - 'Standard hardware security not supported' - umm, yes they are.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender - 'Standard hardware security not supported' - umm, yes they are.: Hi,A couple of days ago, I reset my PC, but kept my files. Ever since, Windows has refused to let me change any defender options, giving me the error message 'Standard hardware security not supported.' I can't stress enough that it is and the whole system was working...
  9. Windows Defender - 'Standard hardware security not supported' - umm, yes they are.

Windows Defender - 'Standard hardware security not supported' - umm, yes they are.: Hi,A couple of days ago, I reset my PC, but kept my files. Ever since, Windows has refused to let me change any defender options, giving me the error message 'Standard hardware security not supported.' I can't stress enough that it is and the whole system was working...
  10. My brand new laptop doesnt support standard device security and app and browser control...

My brand new laptop doesnt support standard device security and app and browser control...: Hey, i just bought a new hp victus and it turns out that it doesnt support windows standard hardware security even though all the requirements for it are met. Not only that but even app and browser control doesnt work idk what to do....