Windows 10: Standard serial over Bluetooth link

Discus and support Standard serial over Bluetooth link in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,As mentioned in https://blog.bachi.net/?p=9700, Bluetooth SPP opens two ports when pairing a device: An incoming port is used when a remote... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Carlos Viescas, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Standard serial over Bluetooth link

Hello,As mentioned in https://blog.bachi.net/?p=9700, Bluetooth SPP opens two ports when pairing a device: An incoming port is used when a remote device established a connection to your device, and is exposed as the SerialPort service to the remote device.An outgoing port is used to make a connection to the serial port service on a remote device.Is there a way to modify this behavior and specify to open just one of the two e.g. incoming port, telling Windows in advanced that the remote device is establishing the connection ? I am specially interested also if it

:)

Carlos Viescas, Feb 1, 2023

2. standard serial over bluetooth links

Hi Noreen,

Based on the details that you have shared, we would like to verify if you are encountering issues due to multiple
    standard serial over Bluetooth links. When you connect a Bluetooth device to your computer, it requires a driver to communicate/synchronize the devices and assigns
    a standard serial over Bluetooth link com. For us to better assist you, we would like to ask for additional information.

• Are you getting an error message when connecting a Bluetooth device?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10 PC?
    • May we request a screenshot of the Device Manager?
    • How do you connect your Bluetooth devices?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 3, 2023
  3. standard serial over bluetooth links

What are these links? Does each one connect to a new bluetooth device or are they just phatom ones using up ports?

I have six standard serial over bluetooth links using up COMS 10, 11, 3, 4, 6, 9

I only have 2 bluetooth devices. One is a sport headphone which I sometimes use with my laptop and the other is a mini mobile speaker. Therefore should there only be 2 ports used for this?

Thanks

Noreen

I did go in and delete (uninstall) all audio drivers for bluetooth device except for the Windows and Intel ones.

I really need step-by-step instructions. I am so ignorant with tech stuff.

Thanks, Noreen

NannyGranNK, Feb 3, 2023
  4. Standard serial over Bluetooth link

standard serial over bluetooth links

Thank you for the detailed response. To help us isolate the issue, we would like to suggest the following troubleshooting steps:

• Disconnect your Bluetooth devices.
    • Open the Device Manager and locate your Bluetooth devices.
    • Right-click the device and select Properties.
    • Go to Driver tab and click the uninstall button.
    • Once you are done, go to the Settings app.
    • Click Update & security and go to Troubleshooting
      tab
    • Look for the Bluetooth troubleshooter and click the button to run it.
    • Reconnect your Bluetooth devices to install the drivers and check if the issue will persist.

Let us know how it went so we can provide additional steps.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 3, 2023
Thema:

Standard serial over Bluetooth link

1. Standard serial over Bluetooth link - Similar Threads - Standard serial Bluetooth

2. Standard serial over Bluetooth link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Standard serial over Bluetooth link: Hello,As mentioned in https://blog.bachi.net/?p=9700, Bluetooth SPP opens two ports when pairing a device: An incoming port is used when a remote device established a connection to your device, and is exposed as the SerialPort service to the remote device.An outgoing port is...
  3. Standard serial over Bluetooth link

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Standard serial over Bluetooth link: Hello,As mentioned in https://blog.bachi.net/?p=9700, Bluetooth SPP opens two ports when pairing a device: An incoming port is used when a remote device established a connection to your device, and is exposed as the SerialPort service to the remote device.An outgoing port is...
  4. AKG Y500 Bluetooth headset works as headphones over the Bluetooth link, but the PC cannot...

AKG Y500 Bluetooth headset works as headphones over the Bluetooth link, but the PC cannot...: I recently purchased a AKG Y500 Bluetooth Headset. It works perfectly on my iPhone and iPad. On my Dell XPS 8900 they only function as headphones: I can hear audio using the BlueTooth connection, but the PC is not finding the microphone. I have other microphones all USB that...
  5. Transferring Files over Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring Files over Bluetooth: The option to Send/Receive files over Bluetooth is in a somewhat obscure place -as in, there is not place "front and centre" where the option can be selected. Is there any way one can add a desktop shortcut to get to the send/receive option? Regard, Tim...
  6. Bluetooth as standard device Win10?

Bluetooth as standard device Win10?: Hi. The following situation: I have the laptop and the beamer as my choice of speakers. I am connected to my Bluetooth speaker but cannot select it as a playback device. How can I add my Bluetooth speaker to my playback devices? Bluetooth als Standartgerät Win10?
  7. linking a Bluetooth keyboard

linking a Bluetooth keyboard: having spilt coffee on my yoga laptop keyboard and finding the tablet version difficult, I am trying to link to a Bluetooth keyboard but am asked for a pin. When I used the same Bluetooth keyboard with an android tablet, I was offered a pin which I then typed into the...
  8. Family linked user account - Standard

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family linked user account - Standard: I 'blocked' my sons' account temporarily. Attempting to bring it back, through Family settings, it shows as 'can sign in', allowed, however, his login option does not appear when trying to switch users. I have rebooted the system as well. I found a suggestion for an mmc...
  9. Finding Bluetooth link key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Finding Bluetooth link key: Hi, I'm trying to find the the Bluetooth link key of my Logitech K810 keyboard. Does anyone know where to find it in the Win10 registers? I have a dualboot Windows 10/Linux Mint desktop with Asus BT-400 dongle and Logitech K810 keyboard and I would like to use the same BT...
  10. Problem with connecting over Bluetooth

Problem with connecting over Bluetooth: I didn’t manage to connect to a controller using Bluetooth. I detected the wireless controller and answered “allow” to the question if I would like to pair to the Windows device. After that the device shut down and disconnected the PC. It is a loop. I use Dual Shock PS4...