Windows 10: Standard users unable to use Office apps after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Standard users unable to use Office apps after Windows 10 update in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Updated a pc from Win 7 Home Premium 64bit to Win 10 Home 64bit. The pc is used by three users, one of which is the administrator. The pc had Windows... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by scopio, May 20, 2019.

1. scopio Win User

Standard users unable to use Office apps after Windows 10 update

Updated a pc from Win 7 Home Premium 64bit to Win 10 Home 64bit.
    The pc is used by three users, one of which is the administrator. The pc had Windows Office Home & Student 2013 32bit which has Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote and Windows Office 2007 which I only installed Outlook and Publisher.
    When the pc was running Windows 7, the Standard users were able to use all the above Office applications BUT now that it is running Windows 10 the Standard users have lost the icons on the desktop to the above and are not able to use them without the Administrator password!!
    How can I get the Standard users to be able to use the above without the Administrator password?

:)

scopio, May 20, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, May 20, 2019
  3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, May 20, 2019
  4. Standard users unable to use Office apps after Windows 10 update

Microsoft Confirms Windows, Office 6-Month Update Cycle

Microsoft has been steadily increasing stability, features and, the company hopes, attractiveness of its latest Windows 10 operating system. Recently, its Creator's Update has brought, among other features, a performance-boosting Game Mode, a 3D version of the popular and (respectably ancient) Paint app, as well as increased privacy control, something users clamored for. Now, the Redmond company has confirmed that it's looking towards a six month update cycle for Windows 10 (thus aligning it with Office 365 ProPlus), looking to streamline and increase predictability of its support.

Microsoft released the Windows 10 Anniversary Update in August 2016, and the Creators Update made its public debut on April 11 2017, which is already close to the six-month update cycle the company is now confirming (seven months, in this case.) Now the company has confirmed that it plans to release its next step on the Windows 10 operating system on September 2017. From then on, updates should arrive in a steady cadence, on every subsequent March and September. Each Windows 10 feature release will be serviced and supported for 18 months, as is currently the case, and the company has also added that its System Center Configuration Manager will support this new aligned update model for Office 365 ProPlus and Windows 10, "making both easier to deploy and keep up to date."

Standard users unable to use Office apps after Windows 10 update 9e115beeb143_thm.jpg

Standard users unable to use Office apps after Windows 10 update 8565e55b8bba_thm.jpg

Source: Blogs.Windows.com, Tom's Hardware

Raevenlord, May 20, 2019
Thema:

Standard users unable to use Office apps after Windows 10 update

1. Standard users unable to use Office apps after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Standard users unable

2. Unable to open Word in Office 365 Business Standard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open Word in Office 365 Business Standard: I've signed up for trial of Office 365 Business Standard and have downloaded software on my new laptop. However, when I try to open a Word document it asks me to log in and when I use the email I used to create the account, it just brings me back to asking me to sign up for...
  3. Unable to open Word in Office 365 Business Standard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open Word in Office 365 Business Standard: I've signed up for trial of Office 365 Business Standard and have downloaded software on my new laptop. However, when I try to open a Word document it asks me to log in and when I use the email I used to create the account, it just brings me back to asking me to sign up for...
  4. Standard User account unable to open Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Standard User account unable to open Chrome: Hi, I can download the google chrome from standard user account with admin password but unable to open it,The thing is that, i have downloaded the chrome and when i was trying to open it that chrome just pop up a second and disappeared, What i have checked and done as:-...
  5. Standard User account unable to open Chrome

Standard User account unable to open Chrome: Hi, I can download the google chrome from standard user account with admin password but unable to open it,The thing is that, i have downloaded the chrome and when i was trying to open it that chrome just pop up a second and disappeared, What i have checked and done as:-...
  6. Windows 10 standard user

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 standard user: I cannot make a standard user for Win 10. Every time I do it does not allow a sign on, it immediately "logs out". If I change the type to administrator there is no problem. I ran scan/chk disk, no problem. No viruses....
  7. standard user

in Windows 10 Customization
    standard user: see attachments. when i view my account settings i see that i'm an administrator, but when use control panel/user accounts/change your account type, it seems to think i am already a standard user. the way UAC acts, it seems to think i am an administrator. which is...
  8. Unable to change the user account to standard user from administrator on Windows 10.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to change the user account to standard user from administrator on Windows 10.: Hi - While trying to trouble shoot a new cable modem I was directed to an IT service tech by what I thought was the real cable modem support. Stupidly I allowed this I tech remote access to my computer, stupid I know. He tried to get to pay to remove "malware" after showing...
  9. Windows 10 unable to use calculator after update

Windows 10 unable to use calculator after update: When attempt to use the calculator it will open but then it shuts off. I never experience this problem until last week when it updated the windows 10. I did it's thing by shutting down several time during the up date....
  10. Office Apps - Install and Use in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Office Apps - Install and Use in Windows 10: How to: Office Apps - Install and Use in Windows 10 How to Install and use the free Microsoft Office Apps for Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Office today is almost fully device independent, allowing you to edit, collaborate and share your documents and files...