Windows 10: Standard

Discus and support Standard in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Standard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/standard/bdeaeed6-25dd-46bf-b87a-5a7002b317e6 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sorn Sivath, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Standard

Standard

:)

Sorn Sivath, Nov 30, 2023

2. I want Adobe Acrobat Standard X to be my default not Reader

Hello,

Thank you for the update.

As per the description, Adobe Acrobat Standard X is not listed as a default app but it pops up listed as a "desktop app".

I suggest you to check the app in the Programs and features.
    To do so follow the below steps.

1. Press Windows + R, type appwiz.cpl

If the application is not present in the Programs & Features
    then Suggest you to download the app from the link.

choose the appropriate language under Acrobat X standard installer,
    and download.
    https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-downloads.html

Do let us know the update.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Nov 30, 2023
  3. gvannucci Win User
    UAC & standard users with additional privileges

I am marking this problem as solved. The problem was:

Allow a standard user to enable/disable a network without having to enter a password every time.

My solution for Windows 7 was:

1. Add the standard user to the "Network Configuration Operators" group.
    2. Login as the standard user.
    3. Create a shortcut to the network adapter.
    4. Right-click on the shortcut to see or change the state of the network adapter.

I have received many useful and instructive suggestions on Tenforums. Based on those suggestions,
    here's my solution for Windows 10:

1. Add the standard user to the "Network Configuration Operators" group.
    2. Login as the standard user.
    3. In a cmd window, run this command
    netsh interface show interface
    to learn the name of the network adapter.
    4. Run Task Scheduler using the password of the standard user.
    5. Create two shortcuts in accordance with Option 2 in this tutorial:
    Elevated Shortcut without UAC - TenForumsTutorials
    -- at Step 3, name the shortcuts something like “EnableLAN” and “DisableLAN”
    -- at Step 7, in the Program/script field, type netsh
    -- at Step 8, into the Add arguments field, type
    interface set interface "name of network adapter" admin=enable
    (Make the last element “disable” for the second task.)
    -- at Step 14, name the shortcuts something like “Turn LAN On” and “Turn LAN Off”
    6. Press the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog, type ncpa.cpl into Run, and click OK to open the Network Connections window. Keep this window open on your desktop to see the state of the network adapter. The color of the icon reflects the state of the adapter.
    7. Click on one or the other of the two newly-created shortcuts to change the state of the network adapter. A cmd window briefly flashes on the screen. This can be eliminated using the procedure mentioned by Try3 in a previous post, if desired.

The solution for Windows 10 is much more cumbersome than the solution for Windows 7. I have to stop using Windows 7 due to the end of Microsoft support, and this is not the first time that I find Windows 10 to be less user friendly than Windows 7.

Thanks, again, to all who have kindly given me help and advice

gvannucci, Nov 30, 2023
  4. Standard

Palit GeForce GTX 680 JetStream 2048 MB

Hmm, suggested retail might be same as a standard card but in UK two sites list it as about £470 on pre-order. Gouge away my retailers, gouge way.

the54thvoid, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

Standard

1. Standard - Similar Threads - Standard

2. How do I let certain apps run for a standard account on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I let certain apps run for a standard account on windows 10?: Hi so basically the issue I am running is that I want the standard account to be allowed to play fortnite however it requires me to input the pin for the admin to access the anti cheat I was wondering is there a way to just allow this program to have default access...
  3. How do I let certain apps run for a standard account on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I let certain apps run for a standard account on windows 10?: Hi so basically the issue I am running is that I want the standard account to be allowed to play fortnite however it requires me to input the pin for the admin to access the anti cheat I was wondering is there a way to just allow this program to have default access...
  4. How do I let certain apps run for a standard account on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. tried changing to standard in control panel there it said 'this is only admin account hence...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tried changing to standard in control panel there it said 'this is only admin account hence...: hey ! Some time ago I made a local administrative account avoiding microsoft logged in admin account. Now I wished to switch back to microsoft one and change local account to standard. But when I tried changing to standard in control panel there it said 'this is only admin...
  6. tried changing to standard in control panel there it said 'this is only admin account hence...

tried changing to standard in control panel there it said 'this is only admin account hence...: hey ! Some time ago I made a local administrative account avoiding microsoft logged in admin account. Now I wished to switch back to microsoft one and change local account to standard. But when I tried changing to standard in control panel there it said 'this is only admin...
  7. Block PowerShell and CMD for standard users

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Block PowerShell and CMD for standard users: Hello,In our organization we need to restrict our users from either running scripts in PowerShell and CMD or to block them completely. However admins should be able to run scripts or open these apps after running them as administrator.We tried to use AppLocker but the apps...
  8. Block PowerShell and CMD for standard users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Block PowerShell and CMD for standard users: Hello,In our organization we need to restrict our users from either running scripts in PowerShell and CMD or to block them completely. However admins should be able to run scripts or open these apps after running them as administrator.We tried to use AppLocker but the apps...
  9. Block PowerShell and CMD for standard users

10. Enable or Disable Hyper-V for Standard Users in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or Disable Hyper-V for Standard Users in Windows 11: [IMG]Hyper-V is a perfect hypervisor software for Windows users that is built into the operating system. But when it is enabled on the administrator account, only the users with admin privileges can access it. However, if you want other users to access the hypervisor, you...