Windows 10: Standby mode sucking all battery dry on two separate computers

Discus and support Standby mode sucking all battery dry on two separate computers in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; hi guys, i recently bought one new battery for my asus and noticed something odd. I put the laptop to sleep the other day and i think i had 30% or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gabgab, Jul 14, 2020.

1. gabgab Win User

Standby mode sucking all battery dry on two separate computers

hi guys,

i recently bought one new battery for my asus and noticed something odd. I put the laptop to sleep the other day and i think i had 30% or something, then when switched the power on it had 0% after only 7-8 hours of MY sleep Standby mode sucking all battery dry on two separate computers :). this is like the 3rd time happening since i have this new battery like 1 month.

long story short, contact the manufacturer as it's brand new, they sent some tips.... then i noticed that exact same thing happened on my work Dell with an original Dell battery and older than my new one. put it to sleep, i think 50% then in 1-2 days (can remember exactly) down to 0%.

my dell computer had the network cable plugged in all night, and no, network device "wake up" was unticked. and my comp instead was on wifi that night it went to 0%.

so hence the question: is there any service or something that sucks the battery drive when in standby? surely an innocent tiny led will not consume the battery in such a short time?

it's very random, last night put PC in standby, just turned it on now and all fine, battery levels normal maybe 1% less than last night or even nothing.

my windows version is

windows 10 64 bit home // 1909

and my work dell has windows 10 64-bit enterprise instead, i think it's on 1809 still.

thanks

:)

gabgab, Jul 14, 2020

2. When on standby mode...

Your computer is set to standby in S1 mode go into your bIOS under power management settings and set it to S3 mode.

Polaris573, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Standby Battery drain on my HTC 8x

I tried everything before I wrote this post. I deactivated everything step by step and nothing helped. The standby battery consumption was almost the same. I experienced no change. Even after reseting the device (hard reset) and setting up nothing, the
    battery consumption was horrible in standby mode. I don't know why. Some people get a really good standby battery life with more than one pushmail and background task, others don't.

Mich@el_007, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Standby mode sucking all battery dry on two separate computers

Pc will not wake up from Standby

When i go into standby mode then click any button or press power button the computer the monitor is still blanked out. and will nto come back on. any suggestions?

accordpower99, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Standby mode sucking all battery dry on two separate computers

1. Standby mode sucking all battery dry on two separate computers - Similar Threads - Standby mode sucking

2. My computer keeps going to standby mode. It will not stay on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer keeps going to standby mode. It will not stay on.: My computer keeps going in standby mode. I gave tried shutting down. Unplugging. Ctrl alt delete. Windows R. Nothing. It keeps going to sleep. Please I need to work this morning. I can't get a tech until 10/10. It is 10/02....
  3. windows battery drain in sleep mode with connected standby disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows battery drain in sleep mode with connected standby disabled: yeah the title says it all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-battery-drain-in-sleep-mode-with-connected/a596d731-af7e-4d53-a267-0c811f8a6787
  4. windows battery drain in sleep mode with connected standby disabled

windows battery drain in sleep mode with connected standby disabled: yeah the title says it all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-battery-drain-in-sleep-mode-with-connected/a596d731-af7e-4d53-a267-0c811f8a6787
  5. TWO SEPARATE BROWSERS ON TWO SEPARATE SCREENS 1 LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TWO SEPARATE BROWSERS ON TWO SEPARATE SCREENS 1 LAPTOP: Hi guys, I have managed to duplicate and project my browser from my laptop to a different screen clicking on the Windows and P buttons however I am trying to have a different browser opened on each screen, which I am struggling to achieve. Please could one of you kind folks...
  6. TWO SEPARATE BROWSERS ON TWO SEPARATE SCREENS 1 LAPTOP

TWO SEPARATE BROWSERS ON TWO SEPARATE SCREENS 1 LAPTOP: Hi guys, I have managed to duplicate and project my browser from my laptop to a different screen clicking on the Windows and P buttons however I am trying to have a different browser opened on each screen, which I am struggling to achieve. Please could one of you kind folks...
  7. TWO SEPARATE BROWSERS ON TWO SEPARATE SCREENS 1 LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Two views of OneDrive driing system crazy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two views of OneDrive driing system crazy: I have two views of OneDrive showing in File Explorer and they seem to be driving my system, and iTunes, up the wall. As shown in the attached screenshot the first has the normal Blue Cloud symbol for OneDrive and has all the expected folders and files. The Second is under...
  9. Why two separate sections for computers !! Hacked ??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why two separate sections for computers !! Hacked ??: Hi there can't understand this Only happened after 1803 update (W10 X64 Pro). getting an extra computer in another section - computers -- (Douglas) with a Mac address when browsing in Network in File explorer [img] Not getting hacked -- I can check via router - it...
  10. Can I refresh Windows, and then have the new install on a separate dri

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I refresh Windows, and then have the new install on a separate dri: HI all, So what I'm planning to do is upgrade my rig with an SSD, but I don't really want to lose my files. Is there a way to refresh Windows, and have the "refreshed" install and my files on a separate drive than what Windows was originally installed on? 10840