Windows 10: Standby ram which causes pc freeze

Discus and support Standby ram which causes pc freeze in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently installed new windows due to a standby ram bug which makes my pc freeze and i have to restart. I reinstalled it and after i downloaded gpu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SUPA_HOT__, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Standby ram which causes pc freeze

I recently installed new windows due to a standby ram bug which makes my pc freeze and i have to restart. I reinstalled it and after i downloaded gpu drivers, discord, applied some tweaks in windows and when i opened epic games launcher my pc hanged after a few seconds and i had to restart. So i opened task manager and in resource monitor i saw standby ram was increasing. Currently its now on 2583MB. Anybody knows about how much should i have standby ram and its permanent solution. I have 8gb RAM.

submitted by /u/SUPA_HOT__
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SUPA_HOT__, Oct 17, 2020

2. Standby Memory Causes Crashes

Hello Aileen,

I did in fact post the question with more detailed specifics on the Microsoft Technet forums here:

See Thread Here

So far no one has been able to turn standby memory off and the option you suggested, turning it off from the BIOS/UEFI settings, there is no such setting. I don't need the computer manufacturer to run through all the possible screens of the BIOS and determine
    that such an option does not exist.

When a game or a program wishes to write to RAM, the amount of FREE space is reported to the program, and only if the amount of FREE space is sufficient, does the program WRITE to RAM, else it throws an out of memory error. Seeing that standby memory is
    only freed if the program WRITES to RAM, the amount of free space would be less that free space + standby memory so the program will NEVER write to RAM if the standby memory is there. Standby memory is not free memory!!! Why on God's good earth would I want
    to keep something loaded into RAM after I close it instead of freeing the memory for the next application I run?

It's not too hard to ask. When a program is closed, GET IT OUT OF RAM. Leave my RAM FREE. The hypothetical benefits of preloading only work for people who have less than 8GB of programs (the amount of RAM they have installed). The non facebook/youtube junkies
    who have more than 8GB of programs installed (the graphic designers, the gamers, the programmers) need the RAM free!! How much more will I have to crash and black screen before Microsoft realizes its mistake? When a program is done with a block of memory,
    FREE IT GODDAMMIT

Sincerely,

A frustrated gamer/programmer.

AshtonBeharry, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Divin3 Win User
    Windows 10 hangs/freezes on Restart

If this happens even during installation, that means that it is probably a hardware issue. To troubleshoot the problem, I suggest doing the following steps:

1. Install Hard Disk Sentinel and use it to check your HDD/SSD for problems.
    2. Use MemTest to make sure that your RAM is ok. Here is a how to - guide.

After You done these two steps, give a feedback of the results.

Divin3, Oct 17, 2020
  4. EdKiefer Win User

Standby ram which causes pc freeze

Releasing Standby memory

This is the first I have heard of any issues with Standby list memory causing issues outside of games.
    I know there were a lot of reports around 1809 of games having issues where the standby list didn't release memory and games would stutter. There are a few programs that can clear up this issue. I have used both and they do work but I only used it for games, never noticed any issues in windows applications.
    ISLC (Intelligent standby list cleaner) by Wagnarsoft and Processlasso by Bitsum can clear the standby list automatically.

EdKiefer, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Standby ram which causes pc freeze

1. Standby ram which causes pc freeze - Similar Threads - Standby ram causes

2. Standby RAM consumes spaces that causes my games/applications crash for no reasons.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Standby RAM consumes spaces that causes my games/applications crash for no reasons.: I can't upload any screenshot here, because its not allowing me to. but in case you want to see it I also made a post on my X account https://x.com/djentxocore/status/1739224453232705914?s=20 sam time as now December 25, 2023 - around 6pm Manila timeThe issue is with my RAM,...
  3. Standby RAM consumes spaces that causes my games/applications crash for no reasons.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Standby RAM consumes spaces that causes my games/applications crash for no reasons.: I can't upload any screenshot here, because its not allowing me to. but in case you want to see it I also made a post on my X account https://x.com/djentxocore/status/1739224453232705914?s=20 sam time as now December 25, 2023 - around 6pm Manila timeThe issue is with my RAM,...
  4. DAX3API causing PC to freeze/crash

DAX3API causing PC to freeze/crash: Hello,This past week, I've had trouble with my PC crashing and restarting, perhaps crashing is the wrong term, I do not get the blue screen with "watchdog violation" so I turned to the reliability monitor. PC SPECInstalled RAM 16.0 GB 15.7 GB usableProcessor IntelR CoreTM...
  5. Ram slot cause laptop freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ram slot cause laptop freezing: i have acer nitro-5 laptop that i bought a year ago. recently i started noticing that windows always freezes at startup, weather its shut down or even in sleep mode, once i open the laptop, the screen freeze. i have two slots 16 GB rams i removed one of the rams and the pc...
  6. Ram slot cause laptop freezing

Ram slot cause laptop freezing: i have acer nitro-5 laptop that i bought a year ago. recently i started noticing that windows always freezes at startup, weather its shut down or even in sleep mode, once i open the laptop, the screen freeze. i have two slots 16 GB rams i removed one of the rams and the pc...
  7. Ram slot cause laptop freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Which is the best RAM for a gaming PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Which is the best RAM for a gaming PC: I am planning to build a gaming PC I want RGB rams. Which are some coolest rams available in market [India] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-is-the-best-ram-for-a-gaming-pc/728a94e3-d7b7-4ffe-b95e-68c120b39c02
  9. Windows takes 26,5 GB RAM in Standby

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows takes 26,5 GB RAM in Standby: Hello I'd like to know why Windows takes 26,5 GB RAM in Standby (see picture).[ATTACH] This causes lags while gaming because only a few or zero MB are released. Unplayable and annoying. Today I updated the RAM from 16 to 32 GB in the hope it won't use everthing but is...
  10. Windows freezes and bugchecks which cause a reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezes and bugchecks which cause a reboot: Hi I have suddenly had windows 10 start to freeze and also bugchecks and reboots. have included mini dumps and system info (I hope) OneDrive dump files...