Windows 10: Star Menu in Windows 11 not showing my Profile and just shows the first letter of my name

Discus and support Star Menu in Windows 11 not showing my Profile and just shows the first letter of my name in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello this might be a dumb question and I know this, But what is causing this bug to happen it does not show my profile in the start menu and this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Edubbs08, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Edubbs08 Win User

Star Menu in Windows 11 not showing my Profile and just shows the first letter of my name

Hello this might be a dumb question and I know this, But what is causing this bug to happen it does not show my profile in the start menu and this happened after a Windows update. and I did a sfc /scan now and made sure nothing was corrupted and it said nothing was corrupted so what gives.

:)

Edubbs08, Dec 5, 2023

2. Strange names showing in Network Profiles on AVG Firewall

Some strange network names have been showing in my AVG Network Profiles list, that are not listed on the "known network" list on my windows 10 PC:

DIRECT-MHDESKTOP-DVFUTVPmsGH

DIRECT-XgDESKTOP-DVFUTVPmsQJ

DIRECT-LDDESKTOP-DVFUTVPCRTH

(my PC name is DVFUTVP)

Some posts online seem to suggest they are something to do with "Direct Desktop Connection" although I have never used this to connect to anything, only to wifi networks (all others on the list recognised) or bluetooth devices

Does anybody know why these could be showing up / what they are?

LukeO'Connor1, Dec 5, 2023
  3. e7ethan32 Win User
    Windows 11 shows my profile pic in settings but not in the start menu or login screen

I have recently set up a new Windows 11 device (Dell OptiPlex) and, as the title suggests, have been having some issues with my profile picture. It shows up in settings and OneDrive, but not on the Start Menu or on the login screen?

Anyone know how to fix this,

Thanks

e7ethan32, Dec 5, 2023
  4. Star Menu in Windows 11 not showing my Profile and just shows the first letter of my name

duplicate profiles on startup menu

Windows 10 is showing 3 profiles with my name on the start menu. They all list the same programs etc. Should I delete 2 of them and if so how do I do that?

CharAz1949, Dec 5, 2023
Thema:

Star Menu in Windows 11 not showing my Profile and just shows the first letter of my name

1. Star Menu in Windows 11 not showing my Profile and just shows the first letter of my name - Similar Threads - Star Menu showing

2. Star Menu in Windows 11 not showing my Profile and just shows the first letter of my name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Star Menu in Windows 11 not showing my Profile and just shows the first letter of my name: Star Menu in Windows 11 not showing my Profile and just shows the first letter of my name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/star-menu-in-windows-11-not-showing-my-profile-and/afa3ab0f-2201-4bdf-8329-3a32afc77b36
  3. Star Menu in Windows 11 not showing my Profile and just shows the first letter of my name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Star Menu in Windows 11 not showing my Profile and just shows the first letter of my name: Star Menu in Windows 11 not showing my Profile and just shows the first letter of my name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/star-menu-in-windows-11-not-showing-my-profile-and/afa3ab0f-2201-4bdf-8329-3a32afc77b36
  4. Star Menu in Windows 11 not showing my Profile and just shows the first letter of my name

Star Menu in Windows 11 not showing my Profile and just shows the first letter of my name: Hello this might be a dumb question and I know this, But what is causing this bug to happen it does not show my profile in the start menu and this happened after a Windows update. and I did a sfc /scan now and made sure nothing was corrupted and it said nothing was corrupted...
  5. Windows 11 shows my profile pic in settings but not in the start menu or login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 shows my profile pic in settings but not in the start menu or login screen: I have recently set up a new Windows 11 device Dell OptiPlex and, as the title suggests, have been having some issues with my profile picture. It shows up in settings and OneDrive, but not on the Start Menu or on the login screen?Anyone know how to fix this,Thanks...
  6. Windows 11 shows my profile pic in settings but not in the start menu or login screen

Windows 11 shows my profile pic in settings but not in the start menu or login screen: I have recently set up a new Windows 11 device Dell OptiPlex and, as the title suggests, have been having some issues with my profile picture. It shows up in settings and OneDrive, but not on the Start Menu or on the login screen?Anyone know how to fix this,Thanks...
  7. "My Activity" not showing in Profile

"My Activity" not showing in Profile: Hello all! I was wondering if any one else is having trouble with "My Activity" not being displayed in their profile here. I am getting the below in that section of my profile page.Thanks...
  8. "My Activity" not showing in Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "My Activity" not showing in Profile: Hello all! I was wondering if any one else is having trouble with "My Activity" being displayed in their profile here. I am getting the below in that section of my profile page.Thanks...
  9. How to Show Drive Letters first before Drive Names in Windows 10 Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    How to Show Drive Letters first before Drive Names in Windows 10 Explorer: Drive names or volume labels appear before the drive letters in Windows OS by default. But, if you want, you can change this default behavior and show drive letters first before drive names in Windows 10. Whenever you will open File Explorer, you will see that letters (C, D,...
  10. Settings not show up my profile in main menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings not show up my profile in main menu: [ATTACH] In the menu of Settings, it doesn't show the profile and onedrive and windows update. I logged in with Microsoft account but it doesn't work. Can anyone help me? It's not a bug but i need those :) My settings menu It supposed to show like this submitted by...