Windows 10: Star menu not appearing, admistrator options gone

Discus and support Star menu not appearing, admistrator options gone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I sent off my laptop to upgrade the ram through a dads friend. I'm 16. It came back with a load of deleted files, my administrator option gone. And my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Benevans8, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Benevans8 Win User

Star menu not appearing, admistrator options gone

I sent off my laptop to upgrade the ram through a dads friend. I'm 16. It came back with a load of deleted files, my administrator option gone. And my start menu and windows key no longer responding. I can't open any apps since I can't get into the start menu, someone please help. I need to re-download stuff for school

:)

Benevans8, Nov 4, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

Feature suggestions - move to proper menus, add Options window

Suggestions:
    1) Remove main menus from top left menu (system menu) and move them to a standard Windows menu, at the top.
    Leave the 6 system menu items (Restore --- Close) in system menu, move all the rest to that standard main menu. The main menu can be auto-hidable - pressing Alt key to invoke it or hide it, similar to the way IE11 menus and many Windows 10 built-in apps' menus work.

2) And/or, add an Options menu or button, which would invoke a separate screen with GPU-Z Options, similar to how most Windows apps work.
    Most Windows apps have a separate Options screen, which GPU-Z lacks - one should be added.

Thanks in advance for listening!

Naki, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Star menu not appearing, admistrator options gone - Similar Threads - Star menu appearing

2. Star menu & task bar is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Star menu & task bar is not working: Hi, I'm having an issue with the start menu, task bar, and task manager.I don't know what is the issue, usually at the start up the task bar icon will show up but now it does not even show up.Even worse every time I move my cursor to the taskbar the cursor changes into like...
  3. Star menu & task bar is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Star menu & task bar is not working: Hi, I'm having an issue with the start menu, task bar, and task manager.I don't know what is the issue, usually at the start up the task bar icon will show up but now it does not even show up.Even worse every time I move my cursor to the taskbar the cursor changes into like...
  4. Admistrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admistrator: my computer is saying I cant use a game because I am not the administrator - but I am! Any help, please? David https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admistrator/5495735d-d7c0-43bd-81e9-c5e5fa8f5db4
  5. Open Star Menu with "All Programs"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open Star Menu with "All Programs": Hi all, I often feel the need to open the start menu and to open the "all programs" tab. Is there any option on windows to open in this mode? It is pretty common on macOS and on Linux. No sure if this deserves a button to allow this function....
  6. Star menu/start screen

Star menu/start screen: After Latest update of Windows 10 attempting to access start results in 'critical fault we will try to fix the problem on next sign in' sign out now. been going on for days, luckily if I don't press windows icon or key I can access computer. Reported in feedback but no help...
  7. Admistrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Admistrator: Hey, I am trying to delete this content from my laptop and it says I need administrators permission, but I am the administrator and in fact the only account I need help please it would not let me delete it. Can someone please help me asap[ATTACH]....
  8. Star Menu randomly opens by itself

Star Menu randomly opens by itself: Randomly the start menu opens. I don't know why and I don't know how to solve it. Please help me. This thing is really annoying because if it happens while I'm playing, the game windows minimize. Nootebook Asus N551JX...
  9. pin more items to star menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    pin more items to star menu: using windows 10 1903 pro i would like to pin more to the star menu, instead of the usual nine items i don't mind swithing to small icons (i even prefere it), nor using a third party software is there a way to do this? idk if it is important info, but i'm currently...
  10. "Choose an option" menu appears on clicking restart

in Windows 10 Support
    "Choose an option" menu appears on clicking restart: Hi there, It used to be when I press the power button, followed by the restart option, my PC will immediately perform the restart action. However, not sure when it began, now when I click the power button, followed by the restart option, the "Choose an option" menu...