Windows 10: Star Menu only searches C

Discus and support Star Menu only searches C in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Searching for files in the start menu only shows results from C drive. i have my other drives indexed and search inside explorer is superfast. just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by invertedknife, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Star Menu only searches C

Searching for files in the start menu only shows results from C drive. i have my other drives indexed and search inside explorer is superfast. just start menu search doesn't work

:)

invertedknife, Jan 27, 2017
  2. Kaail Win User

Search function only searches C: drive

Hi Babu,

Thanks for the reply nonetheless. I ran the commands like you suggested and both commands completed successfully but it detected to corruption and the search function still does not find anything that isn't on the C: drive.

Star Menu only searches C [​IMG]

Kaail, Jan 27, 2017
  3. Babu V Win User
    Search function only searches C: drive

Hi Kaali,

Due to the high volume of enquiries related to Windows 10, we could not respond to you on time.
    You may run the

Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool and check if that helps. This tool will try to fix the corrupt operating system files.

• Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, on the start screen type
      cmd, right-click Command Prompt, and then click
      Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.

Type the following commands. Press Enter after each command.

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt then check if it fixes the issue.
    Hope this helps.

Babu V, Jan 27, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Star Menu only searches C

Hi, have you tried using these options?

Applying the documents filter focuses Cortana on documents, rather than web or apps. When I click that option, the result changes.

If you want rational search as fast as you can type across ALL your files folders disks... try
    Ultrasearch
    Locate32
    Everything

Free. GUI options to specify your search by date, size, location, extension etc etc.

dalchina, Jan 27, 2017
Thema:

Star Menu only searches C

1. Star Menu only searches C - Similar Threads - Star Menu searches

2. I CAN'T BE ABLE TO OPEN STAR MENU, SEARCH MENU , WIFI MENU AND DATE AND TIME MENU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I CAN'T BE ABLE TO OPEN STAR MENU, SEARCH MENU , WIFI MENU AND DATE AND TIME MENU: Light, I did something in settings on settings showing some actions recommend I think security related and restarted the computer. After that, this problem will start. If I click on this menu nothing is happening , all the other apps in the taskbar are working normally. If I...
  3. I CAN'T BE ABLE TO OPEN STAR MENU, SEARCH MENU , WIFI MENU AND DATE AND TIME MENU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I CAN'T BE ABLE TO OPEN STAR MENU, SEARCH MENU , WIFI MENU AND DATE AND TIME MENU: Light, I did something in settings on settings showing some actions recommend I think security related and restarted the computer. After that, this problem will start. If I click on this menu nothing is happening , all the other apps in the taskbar are working normally. If I...
  4. Star menu & task bar is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Star menu & task bar is not working: Hi, I'm having an issue with the start menu, task bar, and task manager.I don't know what is the issue, usually at the start up the task bar icon will show up but now it does not even show up.Even worse every time I move my cursor to the taskbar the cursor changes into like...
  5. Star menu & task bar is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Star menu & task bar is not working: Hi, I'm having an issue with the start menu, task bar, and task manager.I don't know what is the issue, usually at the start up the task bar icon will show up but now it does not even show up.Even worse every time I move my cursor to the taskbar the cursor changes into like...
  6. How to remove apps that don't exist from star menu search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove apps that don't exist from star menu search: I'm having an issue where windows show programs that no longer exist in the search, they don't appear in programs and features, I've tried changing the index, messing with the registry, the apps have no image and I can't open up their file location or start the programs....
  7. Open Star Menu with "All Programs"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open Star Menu with "All Programs": Hi all, I often feel the need to open the start menu and to open the "all programs" tab. Is there any option on windows to open in this mode? It is pretty common on macOS and on Linux. No sure if this deserves a button to allow this function....
  8. Star menu/start screen

Star menu/start screen: After Latest update of Windows 10 attempting to access start results in 'critical fault we will try to fix the problem on next sign in' sign out now. been going on for days, luckily if I don't press windows icon or key I can access computer. Reported in feedback but no help...
  9. Star Menu randomly opens by itself

Star Menu randomly opens by itself: Randomly the start menu opens. I don't know why and I don't know how to solve it. Please help me. This thing is really annoying because if it happens while I'm playing, the game windows minimize. Nootebook Asus N551JX...
  10. pin more items to star menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    pin more items to star menu: using windows 10 1903 pro i would like to pin more to the star menu, instead of the usual nine items i don't mind swithing to small icons (i even prefere it), nor using a third party software is there a way to do this? idk if it is important info, but i'm currently...