Windows 10: Star menu/start screen

Discus and support Star menu/start screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After Latest update of Windows 10 attempting to access start results in 'critical fault we will try to fix the problem on next sign in' sign out now.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PaulPinn, Jul 27, 2020.

1. PaulPinn Win User

Star menu/start screen

After Latest update of Windows 10 attempting to access start results in 'critical fault we will try to fix the problem on next sign in' sign out now. been going on for days, luckily if I don't press windows icon or key I can access computer. Reported in feedback but no help given to date

:)

PaulPinn, Jul 27, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

How do I get a screenshot of start menu?

1. Run snipping tool ( If screen appears grayed out, press ESC, if not continue step 2.)
    2. Click to open the start menu
    3. Hold CTRL and press print Screen. Screen will appear grayed out, ready to capture.

NOTE: This will work with all popup menus ie. Windows Menu, Context menu etc...

topgundcp, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Need old Windows Start menu

Hi,

I realize that you need the old Windows start menu. I will try to help you with this issue.

You can click the hash icon located above the 3D Builder icon to check if that helps.

Suggest you to follow these steps to check if that helps:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click on Personalization and click Start.

• Enable the feature for “use start full screen”.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Star menu/start screen

Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Star menu/start screen

1. Star menu/start screen - Similar Threads - Star menu start

2. Star menu & task bar is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Star menu & task bar is not working: Hi, I'm having an issue with the start menu, task bar, and task manager.I don't know what is the issue, usually at the start up the task bar icon will show up but now it does not even show up.Even worse every time I move my cursor to the taskbar the cursor changes into like...
  3. Star menu & task bar is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Star menu & task bar is not working: Hi, I'm having an issue with the start menu, task bar, and task manager.I don't know what is the issue, usually at the start up the task bar icon will show up but now it does not even show up.Even worse every time I move my cursor to the taskbar the cursor changes into like...
  4. Star menu & task bar is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Open Star Menu with "All Programs"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open Star Menu with "All Programs": Hi all, I often feel the need to open the start menu and to open the "all programs" tab. Is there any option on windows to open in this mode? It is pretty common on macOS and on Linux. No sure if this deserves a button to allow this function....
  6. Star Menu randomly opens by itself

Star Menu randomly opens by itself: Randomly the start menu opens. I don't know why and I don't know how to solve it. Please help me. This thing is really annoying because if it happens while I'm playing, the game windows minimize. Nootebook Asus N551JX...
  7. Start Menu full screen

Start Menu full screen: Hello Community, Recently i buy Microsoft surface i dont know how start menu become full screen even i off from start menu setting how to off full screen start menu kindly see the screen short. [IMG] Kind regards,...
  8. pin more items to star menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    pin more items to star menu: using windows 10 1903 pro i would like to pin more to the star menu, instead of the usual nine items i don't mind swithing to small icons (i even prefere it), nor using a third party software is there a way to do this? idk if it is important info, but i'm currently...
  9. Star menu not appearing, admistrator options gone

Star menu not appearing, admistrator options gone: I sent off my laptop to upgrade the ram through a dads friend. I'm 16. It came back with a load of deleted files, my administrator option gone. And my start menu and windows key no longer responding. I can't open any apps since I can't get into the start menu, someone please...
  10. Star Menu only searches C

in Windows 10 Support
    Star Menu only searches C: Searching for files in the start menu only shows results from C drive. i have my other drives indexed and search inside explorer is superfast. just start menu search doesn't work 75943