Windows 10: Star rating in Windows Explorer

Discus and support Star rating in Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; BACKGROUND. I have a lot of academic articles in pdf format on my PC. I would like to rate them from one star to five star to better remember them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MatsLing, Aug 8, 2020.

1. MatsLing Win User

Star rating in Windows Explorer

BACKGROUND. I have a lot of academic articles in pdf format on my PC. I would like to rate them from one star to five star to better remember them.

QUESTION. Explorer has a star rating that I can use on a sound file, but the option is not available om pdf files. Any work-around solution?

ALTERNATIVE SOLUTION. If the stars are not possible to use on pdf in Explorer, any third party file/document management system that would do the job?

Regards,

Mats

:)

MatsLing, Aug 8, 2020
  2. mss21 Win User

File Explorer search by rating "unrated" not working

I'm using Windows 10 Home version 1909 OS build 18363.657.

Following the latest Windows update, how File Explorer search works has changed. Previously I could type "rating:" in the search box to be presented with a checkbox list of 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 stars, and "unrated". This list no longer appears. If I type "rating:
    unrated" in the search box, the search no longer works. If I enter "rating:3 stars", for example, this does work. How do I now search my unrated files?

mss21, Aug 8, 2020
  3. AndreTen Win User
    Photos app and star ratings

You can do this in File Explorer.

Browse to your photo folder, select large thumbnails view and make properties visible (see picture below). In properties you can set ratings for any photo, and then sort photos by rating

Star rating in Windows Explorer [​IMG]

AndreTen, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Star rating in Windows Explorer

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

Star rating in Windows Explorer

1. Star rating in Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Star rating Explorer

2. Windows Media Player stars rating are not updated in Windows Explorer files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media Player stars rating are not updated in Windows Explorer files: Hello,I'm using Windows 10 and Windows Media Player version 12. My laptop is new and fresh installed. I took my music files from my backup driver and was surprised to see that my recent stars updates in the last year or so weren't updated in my music files.After reviewing the...
  3. Windows Media Player stars rating are not updated in Windows Explorer files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player stars rating are not updated in Windows Explorer files: Hello,I'm using Windows 10 and Windows Media Player version 12. My laptop is new and fresh installed. I took my music files from my backup driver and was surprised to see that my recent stars updates in the last year or so weren't updated in my music files.After reviewing the...
  4. Windows Media Player stars rating are not updated in Windows Explorer files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Star Rating for Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Star Rating for Files: How can I get/encourage/remind viewers to rate the files or documents they have viewed in Windows using the star rating feature? When someone views a document with a designated star rating option, is there a way to give that user an alert to ensure they rate?We have the 5...
  6. Star Rating for Files

Star Rating for Files: How can I get/encourage/remind viewers to rate the files or documents they have viewed in Windows using the star rating feature? When someone views a document with a designated star rating option, is there a way to give that user an alert to ensure they rate?We have the 5...
  7. Is star rating on certain files in Windows 11 Explorer no longer supported?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is star rating on certain files in Windows 11 Explorer no longer supported?: In Win 10 and previous versions of the OS a user could adjust the properties of certain media file types using Windows Explorer and set a "star rating". After upgrading to Win 11 from 10 these values are now read-only and do not appear to be editable any longer....
  8. Is star rating on certain files in Windows 11 Explorer no longer supported?

Is star rating on certain files in Windows 11 Explorer no longer supported?: In Win 10 and previous versions of the OS a user could adjust the properties of certain media file types using Windows Explorer and set a "star rating". After upgrading to Win 11 from 10 these values are now read-only and do not appear to be editable any longer....
  9. Photos app and star ratings

Photos app and star ratings: Hi there, Not sure if you can help. I've just got a new computer with Windows 10. I previously used Photo Gallery to view my photos individually. As I scrolled through them I would mark any I liked and wanted to use in a photo album as 5 star rating. Then I could filter on...
  10. Photos app and star ratings

in Windows 10 Support
    Photos app and star ratings: Hi there, Not sure if you can help. I've just got a new computer with Windows 10. I previously used Photo Gallery to view my photos individually. As I scrolled through them I would mark any I liked and wanted to use in a photo album as 5 star rating. Then I could filter on...