Windows 10: Star Wars: The Old Republic is not working with NVIDIA Optimus

Discus and support Star Wars: The Old Republic is not working with NVIDIA Optimus in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I don't know if this is only for Windows 10, but I'll post it here, maybe someone knows a workaround. I installed Star Wars The Old Republic (the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by csenger41, Apr 22, 2015.

1. csenger41 Win User

Star Wars: The Old Republic is not working with NVIDIA Optimus

I don't know if this is only for Windows 10, but I'll post it here, maybe someone knows a workaround.
    I installed Star Wars The Old Republic (the new MMORPG) and when I start it with my NVIDIA GeFore 610M card, it refuses to launch, no error message, process closes too. But if I set it to use only my integrated Intel GPU, it launches with no problem.
    Anyone experience the problem?
    I have all the latest drivers, etc...

:)

csenger41, Apr 22, 2015

2. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic not working on Windows 10

I have managed to nail down the problem for this game.

When I double click the executable, I get all the way to the game menu. But when I attempt to load a saved game, the 'loading' bar fills, but then the games kicks me out.

I found that in the games video settings (advanced), the buffer effects needs to be disabled. I would request that the compatibility for this feature be restored (as it worked fine in Windows 8.1), or instructions be passed along on how to do it myself.

Thank you.

ShaneGallant, Apr 22, 2015
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic not working on Windows 10

The Setup.exe is on the games disk.

XP sp2 is contemporary with the games release date, and while I had enabled XP sp2 previously, the game

seems to run OK with no compatibility settings.

- If you are having problems installing or running a game it's generally best to start a new thread, and

give full details of what is, or is not happening. Also include your system specifications - including the

graphics processor brand and model.

BossDweeb, Apr 22, 2015
Thema:

Star Wars: The Old Republic is not working with NVIDIA Optimus

1. Star Wars: The Old Republic is not working with NVIDIA Optimus - Similar Threads - Star Wars Old

2. Star Wars Empire At War stopped working for some reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Star Wars Empire At War stopped working for some reason: I was playing all last week on star wars empire at war and its expansion pack. when I tried to load it up today and get this error 'This application is not compatible with the installed operation system. Please upgrade to Windows 98SE, Windows 2000 or better' I have tried...
  3. The Old Republic & Origin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Old Republic & Origin: Does anyone know if there is a way to recover a TOR account that was merged with another Origin account? Long story short: I had two Origin accounts. One I created when I bought Mass Effect 3, and the other one I didn't even realize I had. Apparently this one was created...
  4. playing star wars battlefront

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    playing star wars battlefront: just playing a game I well get this bsod Attachment 100654 63068
  5. playing star wars battlefront

playing star wars battlefront: started after anniversary update playing star wars battlefront about 15mins in to game 61929
  6. Win32kBase.sys crash when Exiting Star Wars the Old Republic

Win32kBase.sys crash when Exiting Star Wars the Old Republic: Whenever I exit Star Wars: The Old Republic, my computer crashes, and I get a BSOD with the win32kbase.sys error. I've tried exiting directly from the game, from the start screen, and even force closing through the task manager. It crashes every time without fail. It...
  7. Nvidia Optimus & Adobe Acrobat

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia Optimus & Adobe Acrobat: I have a dell precision 7710 laptop. It has a Quadro M5000M. In NVidia Control Panel I have adobe Acrobat DC to use the Quadro card, but on the task bar, the Quadro Activity icon does not show acrobat using the Quadro. If I run Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom, Photoshop...
  8. Windows 10 and Nvidia Optimus issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 and Nvidia Optimus issue: after upgrade to windows 10, did anyone notice that nvidia optimus is not working properly as it keep switching between discrete and integrated graphic even for some simple thing like open action center. this has cause graphic shuttering and lag for windows GUI. i can...
  9. Windows 10 reset on a Star Wars special edition notebook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 reset on a Star Wars special edition notebook: Hi, I have just bought a HP Star Wars special edition notebook with Windows 10 preinstalled. On the initial setup, I accidentally typed in my name wrong in the User account setup. (The keys are in a slightly different place on this keyboard to my old one and when I tried to...
  10. Celebrate Star Wars Day today with deals in the Windows Store

in Windows 10 News
    Celebrate Star Wars Day today with deals in the Windows Store: Today, we’re celebrating Star Wars Day with a collection in the Windows Store featuring awesome deals on games, soundtracks, and the movies themselves. [img] MOVIES* Are the original Star Wars films already in your collection? If not, get the Digital Six Film...