Windows 10: Star Wars: The Old Republic is not working with NVIDIA Optimus

Discus and support Star Wars: The Old Republic is not working with NVIDIA Optimus in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I don't know if this is only for Windows 10, but I'll post it here, maybe someone knows a workaround. I installed Star Wars The Old Republic (the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by csenger41, Apr 22, 2015.

1. csenger41 Win User

Star Wars: The Old Republic is not working with NVIDIA Optimus

I don't know if this is only for Windows 10, but I'll post it here, maybe someone knows a workaround.
    I installed Star Wars The Old Republic (the new MMORPG) and when I start it with my NVIDIA GeFore 610M card, it refuses to launch, no error message, process closes too. But if I set it to use only my integrated Intel GPU, it launches with no problem.
    Anyone experience the problem?
    I have all the latest drivers, etc...

:)

csenger41, Apr 22, 2015

2. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic not working on Windows 10

I have managed to nail down the problem for this game.

When I double click the executable, I get all the way to the game menu. But when I attempt to load a saved game, the 'loading' bar fills, but then the games kicks me out.

I found that in the games video settings (advanced), the buffer effects needs to be disabled. I would request that the compatibility for this feature be restored (as it worked fine in Windows 8.1), or instructions be passed along on how to do it myself.

Thank you.

ShaneGallant, Apr 22, 2015
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic not working on Windows 10

The Setup.exe is on the games disk.

XP sp2 is contemporary with the games release date, and while I had enabled XP sp2 previously, the game

seems to run OK with no compatibility settings.

- If you are having problems installing or running a game it's generally best to start a new thread, and

give full details of what is, or is not happening. Also include your system specifications - including the

graphics processor brand and model.

BossDweeb, Apr 22, 2015
Thema:

Star Wars: The Old Republic is not working with NVIDIA Optimus

1. Star Wars: The Old Republic is not working with NVIDIA Optimus - Similar Threads - Star Wars Old

2. NVIDIA optimus trouble

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA optimus trouble: NVIDIA optimus forces the use of Intel GPUs in lightweight games such as Minecraft It forces my Minecraft to run at 30~40 FPS and not play properly. What I have tried- Reinstall Windows. Reinstall Intel & Nvidia GPU using DDU Reinstall Minecraft Nvidia control panel & windows...
  3. Star Wars: The Clone Wars

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars: I'm curious, was anyone able to purchase Star Wars: The Clone Wars 2008 through the Microsoft Store? As far as I could tell, even though the series did come up when you search it, there was a bug that prevented it from being purchased. Now with Disney plus, it just seems that...
  4. Star Wars: The Clone Wars

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars: I'm curious, was anyone able to purchase Star Wars: The Clone Wars 2008 through the Microsoft Store? As far as I could tell, even though the series did come up when you search it, there was a bug that prevented it from being purchased. Now with Disney plus, it just seems that...
  5. How to uninstall a file that the system and I cannot find? - Star Wars The Old Republic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to uninstall a file that the system and I cannot find? - Star Wars The Old Republic: Hello! Some background/context on my question first... My computer has basically no storage space, so in going to check the apps that are taking up space I find "Star Wars The Old Republic" listed at the top little piggy. When I click "Uninstall", I receive the error:...
  6. How to uninstall a file that the system and I cannot find? - Star Wars The Old Republic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to uninstall a file that the system and I cannot find? - Star Wars The Old Republic: Hello! Some background/context on my question first... My computer has basically no storage space, so in going to check the apps that are taking up space I find "Star Wars The Old Republic" listed at the top little piggy. When I click "Uninstall", I receive the error:...
  7. How to uninstall a file that the system and I cannot find? - Star Wars The Old Republic

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Star Wars Empire At War Forces of Corruption not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Star Wars Empire At War Forces of Corruption not working: Hello all, So recently I've started playing this game again after a while. I play on Windows 10 x64, I have the CD version of the game. Whenever I try to launch the game, it does nothing for at least 30 minutes. The game would launch about at least a half hour after I...
  9. Star wars the clone wars republic heroes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Star wars the clone wars republic heroes: Hallo zusammen, Ich habe mir vorhin star wars the clone wars republic heroes auf steam gekauft. Ich habe es installiert aber wenn ich auf spielen drücke erscheint der produktschlüssel mit der anmerkung,dass ich ihn zur eingabe bereithalten soll etc. danach sehe ich das...
  10. Win32kBase.sys crash when Exiting Star Wars the Old Republic

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win32kBase.sys crash when Exiting Star Wars the Old Republic: Whenever I exit Star Wars: The Old Republic, my computer crashes, and I get a BSOD with the win32kbase.sys error. I've tried exiting directly from the game, from the start screen, and even force closing through the task manager. It crashes every time without fail. It...