Windows 10: Stardock WindowBlinds

Discus and support Stardock WindowBlinds in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Was curious if anyone here uses WindowBlinds from Stardock? I thought about getting it, but I don't want any lagging or F-ups with it. My PC should run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by vgkfan83, Jul 29, 2018.

1. vgkfan83 Win User

Stardock WindowBlinds

Was curious if anyone here uses WindowBlinds from Stardock? I thought about getting it, but I don't want any lagging or F-ups with it. My PC should run it. AMD Ryzen 8-Core with 16GB RAM, and a SSD. .

:)

vgkfan83, Jul 29, 2018

2. False WindowBlinds detection blocking Fall Creators Update

Thanks lacrumb for responding. Your suggestion doesn't help though. WindowBlinds is not a form of malware. It is a Windows desktop theme and UI app from Stardock. Malwarebytes or Windows Defender would not see it as a threat that needed quarantine.

I scanned the Windows Registry and Installer database for any WindowBlinds entries and there were none. I suspect that a different app installs a file with a similar name somewhere that triggers a false positive for WindowBlinds. I did try and install the
    latest version of WindowBlinds and then uninstalled it. That had no change in the Fall Creators Update install blocking behavior.

HelixWoodget, Jul 29, 2018
  3. False WindowBlinds detection blocking Fall Creators Update

Same issue here - clean install - never have had Windowblinds or Fences or anything Stardock installed.

Help ?

JimKlein815, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Stardock WindowBlinds

Cannot close some application via the (X) in corner, cannot see the (X)

Tried both suggestions without any solution.

On a hunch I decided to remove Stardock Windowblinds, but keep the Fences software. Well that did it! I realized I don't have Windowblinds on the other user.

Well this was quite an exercise and thanks to all for your suggestions; they are much appreciated.

ZoltanPuskas, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

Stardock WindowBlinds

1. Stardock WindowBlinds - Similar Threads - Stardock WindowBlinds

2. Window 11 update "what needs your attention" Stardock 10 is not installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 update "what needs your attention" Stardock 10 is not installed: I don't understand stardock 10 not install on my pc has not been since i updated to window 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-11-update-what-needs-your-attention/b04106bd-9a96-4344-a68b-9adb6a38effe
  3. Window 11 update "what needs your attention" Stardock 10 is not installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 11 update "what needs your attention" Stardock 10 is not installed: I don't understand stardock 10 not install on my pc has not been since i updated to window 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-11-update-what-needs-your-attention/b04106bd-9a96-4344-a68b-9adb6a38effe
  4. Align the Windows 11 Taskbar to the top with Stardock's Start11

in Windows 10 News
    Align the Windows 11 Taskbar to the top with Stardock's Start11: Stardock releases the release candidate of Start 11 this week. Start 11 is the latest product in the Start series of products, which started with Start8 for Windows 8. Microsoft made changes to the Start Menu on Windows 8, and developers started to produce programs to restore...
  5. Are stardock curtains and window blinds safe?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Are stardock curtains and window blinds safe?: I would like to install stardock curtains or window blinds on my pc but i don't know if they are safe and i don't know if they can corrupt windows. Some time ago I tried them both on a virtual machine and they didn't give me any problems. Should it also work on new versions...
  6. Stardock IconPackager wont change some icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stardock IconPackager wont change some icons in Windows 10: Hi; I am using Stardock iconPackager ver10.03 to change windows 10 default icons, it works fine but some icons like .rar, all media files like mp3 mp4 etc and some others wont change. I double checked in the icon package im applying, it has custom icons for all above said...
  7. Stardock IconPackager wont change some icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Stardock IconPackager wont change some icons in Windows 10: Hi; I am using Stardock iconPackager ver10.03 to change windows 10 default icons, it works fine but some icons like .rar, all media files like mp3 mp4 etc and some others wont change. I double checked in the icon package im applying, it has custom icons for all above said...
  8. First look at Stardock Curtains

in Windows 10 News
    First look at Stardock Curtains: Stardock Curtains is the latest software program for Windows 10 by Stardock, a company known for tools such as the start menu replacement Start10, the desktop unclutterer Fences, or the tab-to-windows-adder Groupy. Stardock describes Curtains as a way to add "additional...
  9. Warning for all Win10 users: using Stardock IconPackager 5.x problem

Warning for all Win10 users: using Stardock IconPackager 5.x problem: Hi all! Please don't use Stardock IconPackager 5.x versions with Windows 10, no matter of upgrade! It harms icons in Start menu/screen and new icons are displayed as default system icon only - it is only in case Start menu/screen, icons or other places are correct. In Windows...
  10. Stardock

Stardock: Want to add a bit of pizzazz to your desktop ? Just received a email from Stardock about WindowsFX http://www.stardock.com/products/win...ign=WFX_030116 42611

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stardock window blinds language:en