Windows 10: Starforce protection

Discus and support Starforce protection in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hi everyone, so I recently got this this game from my friend "Tom Clancy's Rainbow six lockdown" and I installed it then after installation finished I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by xolanisithole, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Starforce protection

hi everyone, so I recently got this this game from my friend "Tom Clancy's Rainbow six lockdown" and I installed it then after installation finished I ran the game but this "Starforce protection system" window popped up stating that I need Admin privileges to complete installation, so I ran the game again but this time in as admin, again Starforce popped up but this time it read "installation complete reboot system" so I did just that but then my system got stuck on automatic system repair, so I had to restore it back to last restore point , then I installed the game again and again Starforce popped up so I decided to look for solutions on the internet and found a removal tool from the StarForce website, ran it, restarted system and when I tried running the game it wanted me to re-install the Starforce driver again so again I went looking for solutions and I found an update tool for Starforce, so ran that and restarted my system again then ran the game, again Starforce popped up but this time with a compatibility issue, can some please help, here is my system information

Starforce protection 1b44b8d5-7e2f-40e0-884e-20b71a5b22eb?upload=true.png

and here is the latest Starforce pop up message

Starforce protection bb19852b-3c76-4503-badb-ea8d57bef0a5?upload=true.png

:)

xolanisithole, Dec 28, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

securom/starforce

The drive speed issue has been one that has been blaimed on Starforce for years, and now securom is being blaimed for it also. It has nothing to do with either, it is a Windows issue, and has been known since at least Win2000. I repeat, the drive speed stepping down is caused by a flaw in Windows, NOT Securom or Starforce. It has to do with the screwed up way Microsoft decided to handle read errors on discs/disks(yes, it affects hard drive too, which have nothing to do with either copy protection).

With each drive, Windows tracks how many errors the drive has had. After 6 errors, Windows automatically drops the drive interface speed down one level. So if the drive was originally UDMA-5, it goes down to 4, and so on until it hits PIO mode. The problem is that the error counter only resets after the mode change. So even if the drive has a read error, but then reads just fine, that one error counts towards the total. The proper way is to reset the counter after a successful read. Now with optical drives, it is extremely easy to trigger this mode step down. A dirty disc can drop the speed mode down to PIO very quickly. There are registry tweaks to fix this issue, and set a flag to reset the counter after a successful read.

The problem then comes with the fact that most burners and DVD-ROMs simply will not function properly in PIO mode. Most will not burn, they almost never finish a burn sucessfully if they even manage to start the burn, others will not even read the disc.

The blue screen issues, I'll agree with, was probably related to Starforce/Securom. However, a lot of blue screens are related to software, and software conflicts. It is just a matter of software. I can guarantee you that almost every piece of software has caused some kind of software conflict and crashing in some implementation. It doesn't mean the software is bad. And there has never been any evidence that the number of people that get software conflicts with copy protections is any higher than the average piece of software.

newtekie1, Dec 28, 2018
  3. Whilhelm Win User
    securom/starforce

Well, I had a disc in that used starforce, during the disc check the system would blue screen. The second I ejected the disc everything would return to normal. Part of the device driver that starforce installed would inadvertently step down the read and write speeds until the drive no longer functions properly. I read of this problem prior to having any issues and did not believe it. When I got the exact same problems I was reading about it is pretty hard to believe it is a coincidence.

Whilhelm, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Dark Ride Win User

Starforce protection

Ubisoft will drop StarForce

A French community manager just announced that the copy protection Ubisoft will be using for its upcoming games will not be Starforce. Also, his colleague Fabrice Cambounet confirmed on the official forum that Heroes V and GRAW (PC) will not include Starforce as well.
    There is no information about what kind of copy protection will be used instead, but those news will be a huge relief for the fans of the Heroes series.

Source: Gameguru Mania

Dark Ride, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

Starforce protection

1. Starforce protection - Similar Threads - Starforce protection

2. Protecting Onedrive file share with both restrictive email access and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Protecting Onedrive file share with both restrictive email access and password: Hello,Currently trying to find a way to send a link only to specific emails with onedrive that will also allow me to password protect the link like I'm able to do when sending files via "share link with anyone" as opposed to "people you choose". Is there any way to do this?...
  3. Protecting Onedrive file share with both restrictive email access and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Protecting Onedrive file share with both restrictive email access and password: Hello,Currently trying to find a way to send a link only to specific emails with onedrive that will also allow me to password protect the link like I'm able to do when sending files via "share link with anyone" as opposed to "people you choose". Is there any way to do this?...
  4. M.2 SSD Keep getting stuck in write protection NO way of removing this part 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    M.2 SSD Keep getting stuck in write protection NO way of removing this part 2: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssds-keep-getting-stuck-in-write-protection-with/9ff46428-e866-4970-ae88-427db8a69872?page=1 I tried everything mentioned in this thread, but nothing happened. As stated in the question, my SSD has write protection. I...
  5. M.2 SSD Keep getting stuck in write protection NO way of removing this part 2

M.2 SSD Keep getting stuck in write protection NO way of removing this part 2: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssds-keep-getting-stuck-in-write-protection-with/9ff46428-e866-4970-ae88-427db8a69872?page=1 I tried everything mentioned in this thread, but nothing happened. As stated in the question, my SSD has write protection. I...
  6. M.2 SSD Keep getting stuck in write protection NO way of removing this part 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question: is Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn still supports for Google Chrome? Because Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn was updated last year...
  8. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question: is Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn still supports for Google Chrome? Because Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn was updated last year...
  9. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question

10. File write protected wotn delete and usb wont format

File write protected wotn delete and usb wont format: I have files that wont delete on my usb ive tried removing the read only option it doesnt work tried command prompt to remove it it also doesnt work tried deleting file from command prompt doestn work it always says its write protected even tho the file was fine when...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. starforce copy protection system

2. star force protection

3. starforce win 10

4. www.starforce protetion,
  5. starforce windows 10,
  6. starforce for windows 10,
  7. starforce protection windows 10,
  8. starforce protection driver,
  9. starforce protection