Windows 10: Start action button disappears after being clicked but no "action" happens

Discus and support Start action button disappears after being clicked but no "action" happens in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After a quick scan told me that there were threats, I did a full scan. It showed me 2 threats that have the same name: Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Packerman120203, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Start action button disappears after being clicked but no "action" happens

After a quick scan told me that there were threats, I did a full scan. It showed me 2 threats that have the same name: Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml. Obviously the next course of action is to get rid of the threat, so I go to click "Start actions" and once I do it disappears, and nothing happens, doing quick scans brings the option back but then the same thing happens, I went to updates and it installed the Malicious Software Removal Tool, thinking it would work once that kicked in I restarted my computer and it did not make any difference. So now I'm at a loss as to what I should do to fix it. R

:)

Packerman120203, Sep 16, 2021
  2. dehermens Win User

Left Click does nothing on start button

I was having the same problem. Of the five steps you list I tried the third. By going to Full Screen ON and then back to OFF, The menu came up fine when I left clicked. Thanks!

dehermens, Sep 16, 2021
  3. Sharief K Win User
    Action Center

Hi,

Let's follow these steps to disable action center:

• Click on Start, type notifications in the search box.
    • In the list, select notifications & action settings.
    • On the right side, click on turn system icons on or off.
    • Turn off action center from there.
    Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Sep 16, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

Start action button disappears after being clicked but no "action" happens

No button for bluetooth in action center

Joe,

Assuming that you have a Bluetooth card, run these checks -

Do you have a Bluetooth entry in Settings, Devices?

Start action button disappears after being clicked but no "action" happens [​IMG]

If not then Windows does not think you have a Bluetooth card. Check Device manager for a Bluetooth group.

Start action button disappears after being clicked but no "action" happens [​IMG]

1. If neither of these is there then you do not have a Bluetooth card or you have disabled Bluetooth in the BIOS. You should check your BIOS for a relevant entry but BIOSes vary so I cannot suggest where such a setting might be. You could seek advice from your computer maker or their user forum.
    2. If one is there but not the other then you might be able to get it working correctly by reinstalling the driver from your Computer / Bluetooth card maker's website.

You can customise the items shown in Action center but Bluetooth, if it is enabled, is generally put there by default. As explained above, you can customise what is shown by playing around with Settings, System, Notifications. You can add more entries or you can drag off existing entries or you can drag existing entries around to get them in the layout you prefer.

Denis

Thema:

Start action button disappears after being clicked but no "action" happens

1. Start action button disappears after being clicked but no "action" happens - Similar Threads - Start action button

2. Virus & Threat protection start action not working, still says start action after clicking it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus & Threat protection start action not working, still says start action after clicking it: So i had downloaded Utorrent but then uninstalled it afterwards and one day I went to see if there is any updates. The security section said " threat found start the recommended action. I clicked it but nothing changed, so i went to see the details. It had so many regarding...
  3. Virus & Threat protection start action not working, still says start action after clicking it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus & Threat protection start action not working, still says start action after clicking it: So i had downloaded Utorrent but then uninstalled it afterwards and one day I went to see if there is any updates. The security section said " threat found start the recommended action. I clicked it but nothing changed, so i went to see the details. It had so many regarding...
  4. Action center frozen on clicking any button

Action center frozen on clicking any button: My action centre got frozen and it won't open if closed in 22H2 Windows 11 Windows Insider Preview https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-frozen-on-clicking-any-button/94703b19-59a5-472c-9604-159256ea15e2
  5. Action center frozen on clicking any button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Action center frozen on clicking any button: My action centre got frozen and it won't open if closed in 22H2 Windows 11 Windows Insider Preview https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-frozen-on-clicking-any-button/94703b19-59a5-472c-9604-159256ea15e2
  6. start actions button doesn't work

start actions button doesn't work: hi ,Today I downloaded a virus.windows defender updated me that.I want to press the start actions button but it doesn't workNEED HELP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-actions-button-doesnt-work/9b98358e-4b44-46b6-b1ab-94ae77979620
  7. Start Action Button is not Working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Start Action Button is not Working: Start Action Button is not Working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/start-action-button-is-not-working/878df6cf-5e4f-4f52-bf4a-dd610736037a
  8. Actions being blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Actions being blocked: I been getting notifications of Blocked access. I thought this was protecting my computer but now it's not letting me complete a Restart. It says administrator has blocked access through the Controlled folder access of the Windows Security Ransomeware Protection. Should I...
  9. Action Center Notifications provide no actions, they only disappear when clicked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Center Notifications provide no actions, they only disappear when clicked: In Windows 10 (latest updates), left-clicking on a Notification, in the Action Center, does nothing but clear the Notification. This includes all types of Notifications (email, restart, Java installation notice, etc) I thought that this was an isolated issue on my laptop,...
  10. Start button and action center button lose functionality

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button and action center button lose functionality: We had a power outage earlier this week which shut down my PC. Upon restart, the 'normal' error screen that 'Windows encountered an error and didn't shutdown correctly' (Safe Mode screen) never appeared and it seemed to boot normally. Ever since, even after a couple of...