Windows 10: start an application if not running already when logging

Discus and support start an application if not running already when logging in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; is there a way to start an application if not running already when logging in after sleep lets say i exit Windows Explorer and put my computer to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by makhan10, Apr 2, 2020.

1. makhan10 Win User

start an application if not running already when logging

is there a way to start an application if not running already when logging in after sleep

lets say i exit Windows Explorer and put my computer to sleep instead of shutdown

i want windows to start Windows Explorer when i login after computer sleep

forgive my poor english as it is not my native language

:)

makhan10, Apr 2, 2020

2. Process running but not starting in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to run applications on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may be due to application conflicts.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the explorer issue.

• Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.

• Select Task Manager.

• Under process tab, locate the apps that are running.

• Right Click on the application and select End Task.

• Please try accessing the application again and check if you are able to run the application.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to run
    the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Explorer.exe, Werfault.exe, RuntimeBroker.exe (application errors). start wont come up and application errors wont go

Hi James,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you tried to perform all the steps provided in the previous post?
    • Have you created another user account as suggested in the step 2?

Please try to perform the step 1 and step 2 provided in the previous post. Let us know of the results after performing it.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Start Menu and running application, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 2, 2020
  4. makhan10 Win User

is there a way to start an application if not running already when logging in after sleep

lets say i exit Windows Explorer and put my computer to sleep instead of shutdown

i want windows to start Windows Explorer when i login after computer sleep

forgive my poor english as it is not my native language

makhan10, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

1. start an application if not running already when logging - Similar Threads - start application running

2. "This application could not be started" error when running a .NET Framework application -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This application could not be started" error when running a .NET Framework application -...: Detailed description of the issue you are experiencing: With the latest Microsoft windows updates - KB5031224 and KB5031356 Cumulative Update, multiple users have been affected in our customer tenant where users are receiving the below error for most of the applications....
  3. "This application could not be started" error when running a .NET Framework application -...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "This application could not be started" error when running a .NET Framework application -...: Detailed description of the issue you are experiencing: With the latest Microsoft windows updates - KB5031224 and KB5031356 Cumulative Update, multiple users have been affected in our customer tenant where users are receiving the below error for most of the applications....
  4. "This application could not be started" error when running a .NET Framework application -...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Automatic/scripting changing processor affinity on an already running application?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic/scripting changing processor affinity on an already running application?: HiI am looking to see if there is a way to change the processor affinity on a running application.Maybe by using bat, python or the likes to launch the parent application and subsequently change the affinity.Here is the basic problem:I have App-A, that is started manually...
  6. Automatic/scripting changing processor affinity on an already running application?

Automatic/scripting changing processor affinity on an already running application?: HiI am looking to see if there is a way to change the processor affinity on a running application.Maybe by using bat, python or the likes to launch the parent application and subsequently change the affinity.Here is the basic problem:I have App-A, that is started manually...
  7. Automatic/scripting changing processor affinity on an already running application?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Run application as administrator account, when logged in as standard user without providing...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Run application as administrator account, when logged in as standard user without providing...: I have an application that needs to be run as administrator to function correctly. The account that needs to run this is a user account. I have found a number of discussions on how to do this and a lot have pointed to creating a shortcut akin to the below: runas...
  9. start an application if not running already when logging

start an application if not running already when logging: is there a way to start an application if not running already when logging in after sleep lets say i exit Windows Explorer and put my computer to sleep instead of shutdown i want windows to start Windows Explorer when i login after computer sleep forgive my poor english as...
  10. System.ObjectDisposedException when starting an application

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System.ObjectDisposedException when starting an application: I had upgraded the OS and now an application will not connect via the network today. Windows 10 Professional Version 1903 OS Build 18362.356 on both PC's I have checked that network discovery is active on both PC's but when I start the application it asks me to browse to a...