Windows 10: Start an Application on boot Surface Pro 3

Discus and support Start an Application on boot Surface Pro 3 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to use my surface Pro with windows 10 pro on it to run an application that I made and only to do this. This is why I want that... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MaelleAbadie, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Start an Application on boot Surface Pro 3

Hello,

I would like to use my surface Pro with windows 10 pro on it to run an application that I made and only to do this. This is why I want that my application starts running as soon as windows boot. I would like the tablet to display my application as soon as I touch the power button. Is it possible to do that? without going through the desktop, the startup folder (because this solution takes to much time and you can see the desktop and everything before the app starts running.

Thank you very much, I hope you can answer me

:)

MaelleAbadie, Jul 19, 2019
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

Surface Pro 3

Hi ChrisWaters3,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Does the battery drain out, if the tablet is not connected to peripherals?

2. Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)

I understand how something like this can try your patience. This issue is an indication of faulty drivers or incompatible driver.
    However, I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Check the drivers.

Step1: Battery driver

1. Press Windows andR
      key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    3. Click on view on top > Select Show hidden devices.
    4. Expand the Batteries option from the list.
    5. Select the ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery> right click on the driver and click on
      Properties.
    6. Click on Driver tab > check if you have the option to
      Roll Back Driver.
    7. If yes, Roll back the driver or uninstall it and restart the computer.
    Uninstalling the driver will be automatically installed after the system is restarted. Check if the issue is fixed.

Step 2: Keyboard driver.

1. In the Device manager, go to ‘Other devices’, you will find
      Unknown devices.
    2. Double tap on the unknown device > click on
      Driver tab> click on update driver.
    3. Select browse my computer for driver software> Click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers
    4. Select keyboard, then click ‘Next.
    5. Select HID Keyboard device and click finish.

Method 2: Run the toolkit.

Note: If your Surface is managed by your work or school, check with your organization's IT department before running the tool.

I would suggest you to run the toolkit provided by Microsoft on
    Fix common Surface
    problems using the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit

If the above steps, doesn’t fix the issue. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Surface Pro 3 Battery
    FAQ for the Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware update

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jul 19, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Start an Application on boot Surface Pro 3 :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Jul 19, 2019
  4. MyAfrica Win User

Start an Application on boot Surface Pro 3

surface pro 3 starting issues

Hi.

My Surface pro 3 with Windows 10 does not start properly. When the problem started yesterday, the system started booting with various options to restore or reset the surface. I have tried hard reset, but it did not work. Instead, the surface opens now with
    Trusted Platform Module. When I exit setup, it returns to this screen. I cannot get any further.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Dom

MyAfrica, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

Start an Application on boot Surface Pro 3

1. Start an Application on boot Surface Pro 3 - Similar Threads - Start Application boot

2. Surface pro 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 3: Hellomy surface pro 3 SSD drive has stopped working completely cannot reset it or even get to the point of reformatting it i have resetting it using the recovery media from Microsoft even the manual ISO file tried reformatting the drive using different apps and i just want...
  3. Surface pro 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro 3: Hellomy surface pro 3 SSD drive has stopped working completely cannot reset it or even get to the point of reformatting it i have resetting it using the recovery media from Microsoft even the manual ISO file tried reformatting the drive using different apps and i just want...
  4. Surface Pro 3 booting problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 3 booting problem: Following the computer's attempt to install the latest Windows update the screen went black except for: "Undoing changes made to your computer..." and rotating dots. Power off and back on makes no difference. I have created a recovery drive and tried to recover and now...
  5. surface pro 3 will not boot

surface pro 3 will not boot: about 5 years ago my surface pro 3 is on a very early windows 10 10.0.10586 and an update failed. I threw it in the closet and forgot about it. last week i found it and trying to get a fresh install of windows on it. I do not need any of the data that is on it now, just would...
  6. Surface pro 3 Won’t boot after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface pro 3 Won’t boot after update: hello! i ha my surface pro that is still loop on surface logo that looks loading something but won’t start, all this after i just updated it. i’m trying to recovery it by booting into recovery device but i’m not able to access it by press volume down and then turn it on.....
  7. Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 3: Hi The Surface Pro tablets are brilliant and I have most probably been responsible to recommending many of them to friends following buy a Surface Pro 3 when they were released. Since a firmware update in recent times I have no issues and since then my keyboard if left...
  8. Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Pro 3: Is there a app to turn my Surface Pro into a phone? Moved from: Surface / Surface Pro 3 / Install, update, and repair https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/surface-pro-3/3595d5eb-eefd-4427-81a5-68fc539fdff9
  9. surface pro 3

surface pro 3: lost admin rights on pc and surface pro3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/surface-pro-3/1fa4e483-afcb-4eec-9f85-15b3b50f064f
  10. Customize The Hardware Start Button On Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize The Hardware Start Button On Surface Pro 3: Hello, I'm looking for a method of customizing the hardware start button to open an app instead of the start menu. Has anyone done with is or know how to? Thanks! 50663