Windows 10: Start and desktop issues

Discus and support Start and desktop issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My PC opens with the start menu when I go into tablet mode and it changes my settings so that I can't access my desktop, even in desktop mode. How can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HaleySisneros, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Start and desktop issues

My PC opens with the start menu when I go into tablet mode and it changes my settings so that I can't access my desktop, even in desktop mode. How can I readjust it?

:)

HaleySisneros, Jun 26, 2020

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Start and desktop issues

Windows Start issue

Try this:

Right click on your start menu, and click on System:

Start and desktop issues [​IMG]

When the system window comes up, click on Advanced System Settings:

There, click on Startup and Recovery:

Then in the top menu you will have a choice of OSs. Select the one you want to boot to defaultly and uncheck the box for "Time to display list of operating systems."

That should make it boot into Windows 10 without your intervention.

ArazelEternal, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Start and desktop issues

1. Start and desktop issues - Similar Threads - Start desktop issues

2. Desktop Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Issues: So, sometimes, when I try to open my action center by clicking on it using the mouse, the icons will be like this, as an image attached below. However, the action center GUI will not open and to solve this, I would ususally use the Task Manager to restart explorer.exe to...
  3. Desktop Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Issues: So, sometimes, when I try to open my action center by clicking on it using the mouse, the icons will be like this, as an image attached below. However, the action center GUI will not open and to solve this, I would ususally use the Task Manager to restart explorer.exe to...
  4. Desktop issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop issues: So I've had to reset my PC twice due to random apps and files popping up on my desktop. I would try to hide them or put them somewhere to keep my desktop clean, but then it would interfere with games and their downloads. I don't know why it keeps doing this but I really need...
  5. multitasking Desktop little issue Start Menu

multitasking Desktop little issue Start Menu: Hi guys, is there anyway to make start menu only work only in current desktop not in all desktops?! when i press win key on keyboard all of my virtual desktops open it as well.... in normal use its not bother but when im trying to record screens in other desktops chunk...
  6. desktop issue

desktop issue: I did something and now I don't have all the icons on my desktop. Instead are just a few of the apps. I think when I pressed the windows button it messed up my ability to have the icons on my desktop. how do I get it back like it was?...
  7. Desktop issue

Desktop issue: Last night, I updated my PC and today, when I opened it, all the files, including 'This PC' were removed from the desktop, except some software files. Also, some icons are automatically removed from my taskbar. Any changes in the desktop are not saved when the computer is...
  8. starting a desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    starting a desktop: i recently got a refurbish computer , when i turn it on it starts to boot up about half way through it gives a stop code inaccessible boot device. do you have any advice for this problem....
  9. Start to Desktop

Start to Desktop: When I log on in Windows 10 it automatic go to the Start screen. That is ok for 90%. How do I toggle between the Start screen and the desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-to-desktop/147fa8dd-cf69-4b78-b919-afca96171c5e
  10. Desktop issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop issues: Hello, I recently changed my RTC battery on my Toshiba laptop. On Jan 1, or yesterday, I logged on only to see that my desktop has been changed and I lost all application data, like the applications are still there but I have lost their data such as I have to re-enter the...