Windows 10: Start and Metro Apps are not working

Discus and support Start and Metro Apps are not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello.. I recently installed Windows 10 Home using the iso. It was fine but after sometime, the start and metro apps had stopped working. I thought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rohidroid, Aug 21, 2015.

1. rohidroid Win User

Start and Metro Apps are not working

Hello.. I recently installed Windows 10 Home using the iso. It was fine but after sometime, the start and metro apps had stopped working. I thought that re-install would do the trick. So I reformatted C: and installed Windows 10 again hoping it wouldn't come again. But now after two weeks... the exact same thing happened. Start, Action Center, Settings, Search... not working. Tried the powershell command, didn't work. Also I cannot create a new user because the settings app crashes... Start wouldn't come up at all. Metro Apps like Calculator, Store and all, they just simply crash after showing the splash screen for a second. Please help me out, I can't do another reformat... And Microsoft!! Why do you release buggy stable versions!!??
    Thank You!

:)

rohidroid, Aug 21, 2015

2. Start menu and Apps with Metro are not working - Windows 10 FInal

Hey guys...

Recently I upgrade my PC windows 8.1 for windows 10.

After join in Domain, start menu and all apps with metro (clock, calculator e etc) stopped work.

I removed the machine from Domain
    and still does not. I did a clean installation
    and it was the same problem.

I checked my GPOs and found nothing!!

Please suggest me a solution

Raffael Rabelo, Aug 21, 2015
  3. Start menu and Apps with Metro are not working - Windows 10 FInal

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

If your computer is connected to a Domain Network, then it would be better to post the same question in Microsoft TechNet forum for further assistance with this issue. We have a dedicated team with advanced tools and permissions to help you with this
    type of Domain issues.

Link: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=WinPreview2014General%2CWinPreview2015Phone&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Thank You

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 21, 2015
  4. rohidroid Win User

Bump!

rohidroid, Aug 24, 2015
  5. rohidroid Win User
    Uninstalling Kaspersky did the thing.. Don't know why its confflicting with the Start..

rohidroid, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Start and Metro Apps are not working - Similar Threads - Start Metro Apps

2. Can't start many Metro apps some apps work, most - no

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't start many Metro apps some apps work, most - no: After installing and starting Metro apps, they close immediately, showing the window-box just for a fraction of second.There are 3 different error messages in the "Applications" log:Provider: ESENT, EventID 454DllHost 7620,U,98...
  3. Icons of Metro apps disappeared from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons of Metro apps disappeared from Start Menu: [ATTACH] I just recovered my Windows and this happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-of-metro-apps-disappeared-from-start-menu/bf0baa33-41c0-46bc-a5f4-b201b2faadad
  4. Metro Apps not installed

Metro Apps not installed: Hi there, I used to have a problem where metro apps wouldn't open, so I did an in-place upgrade of Windows 10. After the upgrade finished, the metro apps just didn't exist, I couldn't find them via search or settings, and whenever I use the PowerShell commands it just says...
  5. Audio not working in metro/windows store apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio not working in metro/windows store apps: hi, i just recently started to use some windows 10 apps from the store and i noticed that none of the apps i installed had any audio. i also noticed that they didn't appear in the volume mixer so i tried: >updating the audio driver >updating to the latest version of...
  6. Custom Start Menu & Metro App removal

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Start Menu & Metro App removal: I used to have the scripts that are listed all over the web within my Win10 deployment and it worked wonderfully. But now, it's not. And i'm not sure why. What's happening is, the metro apps are being removed, but their shortcuts i guess are staying behind. And as for...
  7. Adding and remove metro apps from start

Adding and remove metro apps from start: I have no options,like before "pin to start" [img] [img] 45719
  8. Metro bootloader not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Metro bootloader not working.: I have a dual boot system, 7x64 pro and 10x64 pro. Everything works fine if I use the Legacy bootloader. If I switch it to the metro bootloader, using EasyBCD, the system boots directly into W10 without ever showing a bootloader screen. [img] Anyone have a clue how to...
  9. Windows 10 Start Menu, metro apps, and taskbar icons not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu, metro apps, and taskbar icons not working: I have upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1 and been using it for the last week now with no problems. Today, during a mandatory update my pc went blue screen and said it had to restart. Once it restarted it updated and booted fine. However after the update I realized that my...
  10. Start menu, cortana not at all working, Metro apps return with error

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu, cortana not at all working, Metro apps return with error: Ever since 10130 came out I've had this problem where you simply cant access the start menu or Cortana. Running edge or the store returns with an error from explorer.exe claiming that it's an invalid value for the registry. Looking in other places, I found a solution...