Windows 10: Start App

Discus and support Start App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I add a program or app like Outlook or Chrome to open with the start menu like it did on Windows 7?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RobertReichler, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Start App

How do I add a program or app like Outlook or Chrome to open with the start menu like it did on Windows 7?

:)

RobertReichler, Nov 6, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    NEWLY added apps are not showing on Start App list

Hi Tamal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1. Is Cortana able to search the apps installed?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Start Settings in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Turn on Show recently added apps in jump list of Start of Taskbar.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Start App

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Start App :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Start App

1. Start App - Similar Threads - Start App

2. "Pin to start" crashing the settings app

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Pin to start" crashing the settings app: I wanted to pin windows update to start menu. So i tried opening the settings app and then right clicking on "update & security" to select the 'pin to start' option from the context menu. But the settings app freezes for few seconds and then crashes everytime i do this. Also...
  3. Where are the app files on start menu located?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are the app files on start menu located?: I have all these preinstalled apps on my start menu, many of which I do not know where their .exe files are located on my machine. Netflix, Evernote, Powerdirector, Paint 3D, there is no open file location when i right click on these apps, they seemed to work fine, but where...
  4. App icon corrupted on Start Menu in search

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    App icon corrupted on Start Menu in search: When I try to sarch some apps Whatsapp, Office suite, Sistem programs as Settings, Memo..., icons are corrupted. This happens only in start menu, but if I pin the apps on the task bar or when I open this app, icons show up. I've tried to restore icon cache, but nothing...
  5. Performing a Windows "Fresh Start" and pre-installed apps on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Performing a Windows "Fresh Start" and pre-installed apps on my computer: Window says : Fresh start removes third-party antivirus software and all apps that don't come standard with Windows. This includes Microsoft apps such as Office, any desktop apps that came preinstalled on your device, and any Windows desktop apps, such as your device...
  6. DCOM error when starting standard apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DCOM error when starting standard apps: After updating my laptop (Asus Transformer), I couldn't open the preinstalled standard apps (Mail, Store, Paint3D, ...), they pop up and after that they close immediatly. The error shown in the event monitor says: "The server 'Microsoft.WindowsStore12001.1001.1.0x64<some...
  7. Some apps randomly started crashing on launch just now (DCOM errors)

Some apps randomly started crashing on launch just now (DCOM errors): Closed down Gears 5 to make some food, now it won't launch. This is happening to a handful of apps and I have no idea why. Event viewer is showing DCOM errors. This happened a while ago too and only a reinstall fixed it, which I really don't want to do again. Error is as...
  8. Some apps don't load both on Windows start as well as manually trying to start them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some apps don't load both on Windows start as well as manually trying to start them: Hi, Apologies if this is in the wrong category as I couldn't find one I felt was specific to my problem, so I've posted in performance and system failures. I have a problem when trying to run some apps. Using Microsoft's own Process Explorer in place of Task Manager I...
  9. Hiding a specific app from start menu

Hiding a specific app from start menu: Hello Redditors, I am having a little situation where after installing Adobe Creative Cloud on my computer an app called "Notification Manager for Adobe Creative Cloud" appeared on my Start Menu. I have checked in both "all user start menu" and "current user start menu"...
  10. I need to configure the start up apps Their all over the screen. Please reply someone

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need to configure the start up apps Their all over the screen. Please reply someone: I pressed something and all the app icons are all over the windows screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-configure-the-start-up-apps-their-all/85840670-2bdc-4f86-817c-a5413bcc4967