Windows 10: Start application when I push power button?

Discus and support Start application when I push power button? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I want to start application when I push the power button of my computer. It was possible on XP and Vista, this functionality seems to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by zizouth, Mar 13, 2021.

1. zizouth Win User

Start application when I push power button?

Hello,

I want to start application when I push the power button of my computer.

It was possible on XP and Vista, this functionality seems to have been dropped since windows 7.
    Is there a way to hack windows 10 to get back this functionality?

Thank you very much

:)

zizouth, Mar 13, 2021

2. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Mar 13, 2021
  3. Only the Power Button Wakes PC from Sleep - Laptop

• Open the Keyboard control panel item by typing keyboard into Start Menu.
    • Click the Hardware tab, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Change Settings button

Note: This step requires Administrator access
    • Click the Power Management tab, and then verify that the Allow this device to wake the computer is enabled.
    • Click OK, and then click OK again.

FreeBooter, Mar 13, 2021
  4. OOOO Win User

How to disable "5 seconds power button shut off" on a laptop?

I does not suggest you to do this, if you insist on this, try the following steps.

1. Open Control Panel
    2. Find and click System and Security
    3. Find and click Power Options
    4. On the left hand, you will see Choose what the power button does and click it
    5. Click Change settings that are currently unavailable to be able to change the settings
    6. In When I press the power button, you can choose Do nothing

Start application when I push power button? SQHnd.png

Hope this can help you.

Thema:

1. Start application when I push power button? - Similar Threads - Start application push

2. computer not starting. Pushing power button turns on lights, fans but no image. quick power...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer not starting. Pushing power button turns on lights, fans but no image. quick power...: Ok so no changes happened to any components other then updates ext. inside my pc for months now just started doing this last 2 weeks and I've been experimenting with it to see if unhooking stuff might fix it.I turn it on the led's, cpu fan, other fans, hard drives all power...
  3. computer not starting. Pushing power button turns on lights, fans but no image. quick power...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer not starting. Pushing power button turns on lights, fans but no image. quick power...: Ok so no changes happened to any components other then updates ext. inside my pc for months now just started doing this last 2 weeks and I've been experimenting with it to see if unhooking stuff might fix it.I turn it on the led's, cpu fan, other fans, hard drives all power...
  4. computer not starting. Pushing power button turns on lights, fans but no image. quick power...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. power button on starting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    power button on starting: i am click on power button but not started my computer this is less time consume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-button-on-starting/6f5d4176-2479-43b7-8885-8ca568e25338
  6. When I pushed the button on the start menu I got a strange application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I pushed the button on the start menu I got a strange application: HI I would like if I could ask a question today when I clicked on the big blue button on the bottom right and the start menu came up with recommened below that this application that I have never seen before in my start menu . I did not install this so I do not now where this...
  7. When I pushed the button on the start menu I got a strange application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I pushed the button on the start menu I got a strange application: HI I would like if I could ask a question today when I clicked on the big blue button on the bottom right and the start menu came up with recammentions below that this application that I have never seen before in my start menu . I did not install this so I do not now where...
  8. Start application when I push power button?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start application when I push power button?: Hello, I want to start application when I push the power button of my computer. It was possible on XP and Vista, this functionality seems to have been dropped since windows 7. Is there a way to hack windows 10 to get back this functionality? Thank you very much 175846
  9. Beeping about a minute when power button pushed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Beeping about a minute when power button pushed: After about a minute boots up and runs as normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/beeping-about-a-minute-when-power-button-pushed/3875f80d-4310-44a2-8960-e8b8c3ac8f6d
  10. When I push the Power button in sleep mode, the system Restarts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When I push the Power button in sleep mode, the system Restarts: I've tried to find any forum data that might fix this rather strange problem, to no avail. Sorry if I missed something specific to this situation. A couple days ago we experienced a power outage, and afterward my Dell desktop restarts (instead of just powering up) when I...