Windows 10: Start away AGAIN with preview 10041

Discus and support Start away AGAIN with preview 10041 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi guys, am i the only one missing the START MENU, you know the other screen behind the desktop. Can not get it back....or am i missing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jeffrys, Mar 18, 2015.

1. jeffrys Win User

Start away AGAIN with preview 10041

hi guys,

am i the only one missing the START MENU, you know the other screen behind the desktop.

Can not get it back....or am i missing something?.

Jeff

:)

jeffrys, Mar 18, 2015
  2. Roadrunner2015, Mar 18, 2015
  3. Knead Jellp, Mar 18, 2015
  4. jeffrys Win User

Well, what i can have is the tablet mode, what was previously not possible.

But i would like my Start Menu and apps back like in Win 8.

So anyone? Brink?

thanks

Jeff
    Start away AGAIN with preview 10041 [​IMG]

jeffrys, Mar 18, 2015
  5. jeffrys Win User
    hi again

do not think the tablet mode is interesting, since it is difficult or impossible to use only a part of the screen, this works with IE when you drag the full screen to the side.

sorry

Jeff

jeffrys, Mar 18, 2015
  6. Did you upgrade or clean install? Have you tried rebooting? I've been having some issues with both the start menu and search, and reboots tend to fix them.

blackroseMD1, Mar 18, 2015
  7. jeffrys Win User
    yes Blackrose,

did do a restart a few times, no clean install since Windows automatically does that.

But not doing a clean install should not give any problems.

I always used the Windows Preview/Beta in the past, never any problems, but this time....

So no, i cannot have the Start Menu, instead one gets the start on the desktop when hitting the lift corner and who likes that?

Yeah i know....

Jeff

jeffrys, Mar 19, 2015
  8. adamf Win User

Windows upgrade certainly doesn't automatically do a clean install. It does an upgrade.

You could make an ISO and try a clean install. It fixed a lot of issues for me.

adamf, Mar 19, 2015
  9. jeffrys Win User
    Well Adam,

i will leave it like this for the moment, although id o not like the upgrade which i could not avoid, since Windows Update was no longer available at the time prior to that upgrade.

Have problems with my OUTLOOK 2016 right now and the only solution i can find is to uninstall and try to reinstall this.

I have a topic of this in Software and Activation.

Thanks

Jeff

jeffrys, Mar 19, 2015
  10. Have you tried right clicking on Taskbar and going into Properties?

SaggyMaggyPoo, Mar 19, 2015
  11. adamf Win User
    No-one compelled you to install either ten preview or Office 16.

They are both test versions. If you don't like them then restore back.

Windows 10 is better (or at least different). Office 16, apart from the feeble spelling and grammar checking, is only a cosmetic change.

adamf, Mar 19, 2015
  12. jeffrys Win User
    yes, Saggy, but that did not do anything for me, but it did before the upgrade.

Now i have to wait for the next update since Windows update is gone again...in the Control Panel

And Adam, Win 10 was better then Win 8.1, but the last update is not my favorite one.

Now i have the Start back and when i go into apps i have 192 apps (counted them).

On the latest update when i clicked all apps i had to scroll scroll, yes i already said this. But if i did see around 75-100 apps that was a lot, and i do want to see them all without any hassle.

The Start menu should be there anyway, because i could pin to the taskbar AND start, but did not have the start. Maybe there was already something wrong then.

When i rolled back i did get another fault code, but i ignored that one.

"No-one compelled you to install either ten preview or Office 16. "

True Adam, but the only way to use this right now, is what i do. Do not have the time to install this on another pc and spent some extra time fooling around.

Restore back??? for how long. One has to look forward not back. XP, Vista en Win 7 are gone forever for me and no one knows how long one can use Win 8.1 since the upgrade to Win 10 is probably free for all Win 8 etc users.

Anyway thanks for the help, which is sometimes hard to find.

Jeff

jeffrys, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Start away AGAIN with preview 10041 - Similar Threads - Start away AGAIN

2. sounds was go away again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sounds was go away again: sounds was go away again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sounds-was-go-away-again/8abe2a30-3677-4779-9b86-226e3951dfd9
  3. sounds was go away again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sounds was go away again: sounds was go away again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sounds-was-go-away-again/8abe2a30-3677-4779-9b86-226e3951dfd9
  4. File Explorer Preview Went Away........

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer Preview Went Away........: New PC. File Explorer WAS working, then quit. Windows 10 Pro. Deleted One Drive. Using DropBox instead. Deleted Microsoft Office suite. Using LibraOffice instead. Ticked / tried every Preview Option in the ribbon, nothing. Can’t preveiw anything anymore, (doc, docx,...
  5. cant update to preview 10041 error 0x80070003

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    cant update to preview 10041 error 0x80070003: everytime i try to try to update to build 10041 i keep getting a error 0x80070003. i have tried to run the windows update troubleshooter and it says service registration is missing or corrupt" also tried 2 times deleting the C:\$Windows.~BT folder and the...
  6. 10041 Not Updating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    10041 Not Updating: I had to do a clean install of Win 10 preview and used a 10041 version. It is installed an working (I'm entering this from Win 10) but it will not update to newer versions. I have it set for "Fast". There is no option to check for newer version. 5569
  7. No Audio on Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10041

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Audio on Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10041: I updated my laptop this morning and my sound doesn't work anymore. My Realtek Audio Driver is updated, i think the OS is the problem. How to fix this? ASUS X551CA Laptop Intel Celeron 2GB RAM P.S. UPDATE Audio issues in Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10041 -...
  8. No sound in 10041

No sound in 10041: Would appreciate any help. Thanks 4771
  9. UPDATE: Audio issues in Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10041

UPDATE: Audio issues in Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10041: Hello Insiders! Hopefully you have had a chance to update to build 10041. We have made many improvements in this build and we're looking forward to receiving a fresh wave of feedback from you. I wanted to take a minute to provide you with an update on the state of Audio...
  10. Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10041 now available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10041 now available: I’m happy to announce we’re rolling out Build 10041 for PCs to the Fast ring. Like all of the previous preview builds this one comes with a collection of new functionality and bug fixes. The build will only be available through Windows Update for systems already running a...