Windows 10: "Start" background process in Task Manager

Discus and support "Start" background process in Task Manager in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Can someone tell what is this background process called "Start", it keeps popping up every time I end it... is it safe?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Grateful Master, Nov 13, 2019.

1. "Start" background process in Task Manager

Can someone tell what is this background process called "Start", it keeps popping up every time I end it... is it safe?

:)

Grateful Master, Nov 13, 2019
  2. Davidk03 Win User

Program running a background process?

I'm running Corel Video Studio 2018, and it's updates function shows characteristics of a background process:

- the program has an auto check daily plus a manual option for updates

- manually checked, presented with an option of downloading an update and Ok'd, evidence of any activity vanishes from the program workspace, yet the connected internet modem activity light begins running hot as the download happens

- it's repeatable over several up-date cycles

The evidence seems to suggest a background activity - whilst the program/PC is free to use for other things. Several software packages do this.

However, a check in task manager/processes, show all, does not display any info of a related background process for any Corel or Video Studio program. If a background process is being used by the software, MUST it be listed in the task manager/processes
    list?

Platform is windows 7 home sp1 64bit plus the important patches.

Davidk03, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Task Manager (anyway to see processes?

Hey. I was just wondering if anyone knew if there is some form of task manager or process explorer on the WP7. I've read around on the forum and it seems like most Apps and processes actually just save their state and so appear to have been running
    in the background when you return to them. Is that the case?

Jesse300ZX, Nov 13, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

"Start" background process in Task Manager

Background Processes

Hi Bijayan

Windows 10 does have a lot of background process thta need to run, sometimes 70+ versions of svchost wil be running. This does not normally affect the responsiveness of your PC

To stop anything that is safe too stop on your Startup:

Turn off all unnecessary startup applications and processes:

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager

Click on the Startup Tab

See any non-essential items are listed there

If so, select and click 'Disable'

Close Task Manager

Click your Start Button, type msconfig and hit Enter

When the System Configuration dialog opens, click on the Services Tab

Check the box marked 'Hide Microsoft Services'

In the remaining list, see any non-essential items are listed there, uncheck any you find

Click Apply and OK

Turn off all unnecessary Background Apps

Open the Settings App

Go to Privacy - Background Apps

Turn off any App you do not need running in the background

Restart your PC

DaveM121, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

"Start" background process in Task Manager

1. "Start" background process in Task Manager - Similar Threads - Start background process

2. "imgsvc" in Task Manager- Is It Normal for This Process To Start?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "imgsvc" in Task Manager- Is It Normal for This Process To Start?: there was an svchost process in Task Manager called "imgsvc" and after finding incredibly little on Google and being unable to find something of the same name in System32, I finally found out that 'imgsvc' is the svchost name for the Windows Image Acquisition serviceI did...
  3. "imgsvc" in Task Manager- Is It Normal for This Process To Start?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "imgsvc" in Task Manager- Is It Normal for This Process To Start?: there was an svchost process in Task Manager called "imgsvc" and after finding incredibly little on Google and being unable to find something of the same name in System32, I finally found out that 'imgsvc' is the svchost name for the Windows Image Acquisition serviceI did...
  4. "imgsvc" in Task Manager- Is It Normal for This Process To Start?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. "Task Manager" processes

"Task Manager" processes: More of a question of curiosity than an issue ATM. I hope I chose the correct place to post.A few details before I proceed, if needed. I have a Dell Optiplex 3130 that came with Windows 7 Pro, I've upgraded to windows 10 Pro. All updates are current as of two or three days...
  6. Task Manager Processes

Task Manager Processes: I was cleaning up processed in Task Manager and must have deleted something I shouldn't have. The appearance of the text in emails and web pages don't look as good. They don't look as crisp and the lines aren't all solid. I'm not sure what to do?...
  7. task manager processes

task manager processes: I was going through my task manager and suddenly I saw a process which had Microsoft icon four coloured boxes .it suddenly disappeared. I want to know that which process was that because I have never seen it before....
  8. "Start" process running in task manager?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Start" process running in task manager?: hello, i was downloading some things to my computer today and i noticed i suddenly have a process running in my task manager that's just labeled "Start", it doesn't seem to be using up too much of my memory and it isn't impacting my CPU, but i've never seen this before, can...
  9. Processes / Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Processes / Task Manager: i have approximately 150-170 processes in task manager every time i open my laptop, is this normal or not ? and my laptop often get hot when i do simpel task like browsing is there any setting that microsoft can do to reduce the processes in task manager? [ATTACH]...
  10. Programs restarting in background processes of task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs restarting in background processes of task manager: I have many programs restart in the background processes of task manager. I close them out, and after a while they are there again. I do not know why these programs are running in the background, and why they are returning. These are some of them that keep coming back...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Start background process in Task Manager

2. black start in task manager start process