Windows 10: Start Bar changes and turn into blank with only a logo in the meddle

Discus and support Start Bar changes and turn into blank with only a logo in the meddle in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since the day I installed Windows 10 x64 on my new computer this issue kept happening. It does it most of the time when I start my computer and when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MuntherA., Feb 10, 2021.

1. MuntherA. Win User

Start Bar changes and turn into blank with only a logo in the meddle

Since the day I installed Windows 10 x64 on my new computer this issue kept happening. It does it most of the time when I start my computer and when I do a restart, it fixes itself. I wiped Windows and reinstalled but it is still the same. Picture of Start Bart Attached Note* If I click on the Windows logo it will show the start Menu but, as shown in the picture, there is no information on the bar itself. I usually keep my status bar on the side. Though when this happens, it goes to the top of the screen.

I do regular updates but recently there is an update that keeps giving me an error at the time it's about finished. I assume this has nothing to do with the issue since this is a new update. It gives me the following message Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: 0x8007000d

How do I keep the Start Bar issue from happening?

How do I solve the update issue that doesn't want to install?

Snip of Start Bar when it happens: Start Bar changes and turn into blank with only a logo in the meddle ad2d0c17-5785-42ea-b055-e0b736056a32?upload=true.png

Snip of Start Bar regularly:

Start Bar changes and turn into blank with only a logo in the meddle 6d208d88-761e-4a6f-af73-896c5a789cff?upload=true.png

Snip of Windows Updates:

Start Bar changes and turn into blank with only a logo in the meddle ce7e9019-8b84-4c74-a276-b2354892935c?upload=true.png

:)

MuntherA., Feb 10, 2021

2. task bar icons blank

After applying the november windows 10 home update three of my task bar icons have become blank sheets. The ones changed are edge, store and wunderlist. The remainder are fine. The icons of the three appear correct in the all apps list. I have tried
    unpin and re-pin with no change. The three applications work correctly and start fine from the task bar. It is just hard to remember which application is which blank. Note this has happened on my hp laptop which was upgraded from windows 8.1, My desktop
    which has windows 10 professional does not have the problem. It was upgraded from windows 7 professional.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

RussGarside, Feb 10, 2021
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Feb 10, 2021
  4. Cursus Win User

Start Bar not working after update install in Windows 10

Hi, tried as you suggest. It starts and says Checking application registration... and the green progress bar just goes on and on (let it run for over two hours) and never gets to the next step. Any other suggestions?

Cursus, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Start Bar changes and turn into blank with only a logo in the meddle - Similar Threads - Start Bar changes

2. Blank Screen on Start up after Windows Logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Screen on Start up after Windows Logo: My laptop screen starts up with the Gateway logo, then goes to the blue Windows logo with the white spinning circle under it before it just goes blank. The LED screen is on but its just a blank black screen, F1 does nothing but turn it off from LED blank screen to no light...
  3. Blank Screen on Start up after Windows Logo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank Screen on Start up after Windows Logo: My laptop screen starts up with the Gateway logo, then goes to the blue Windows logo with the white spinning circle under it before it just goes blank. The LED screen is on but its just a blank black screen, F1 does nothing but turn it off from LED blank screen to no light...
  4. Blank Screen on Start up after Windows Logo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Blank Screen after Windows Logo during start

Blank Screen after Windows Logo during start: Hi.I've been facing a rather strange Problem for a couple of weeks. My PC suddenly won't let me boot to Windows anymore. I can reach the BIOS without issues and after that the Windows 10 splash screen with the loading circle appears like normal. However where the usually the...
  6. Blank Screen after Windows Logo during start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Screen after Windows Logo during start: Hi.I've been facing a rather strange Problem for a couple of weeks. My PC suddenly won't let me boot to Windows anymore. I can reach the BIOS without issues and after that the Windows 10 splash screen with the loading circle appears like normal. However where the usually the...
  7. Blank Screen after Windows Logo during start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Start logo turns red

Start logo turns red: Turn on computer, I am able to surf the net, click on Windows logo and it turns red. Cannot shut down normally and cannot accessthe second page. Not sure if that's what it's called. Thanks....
  9. start bar blank, no wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    start bar blank, no wifi: Using my computer it said I had no internet access. The network said i was connected, but my vpn was not. I tried to sign into my vpn, and got a prompt for a windows security sign in. I reset my computer, now I have no networks available, no wifi option on my network center,...
  10. start button not working ..blank task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    start button not working ..blank task bar: Hello after the latest update what is going on now my laptop is not working properly after your update WHERE is the update to fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-not-working-blank-task-bar/a34f96c0-a4f5-455d-92ae-eb27def2faab