Windows 10: Start Bar Search Not Finding Everything

Discus and support Start Bar Search Not Finding Everything in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So, recently finally updated to Windows 10. Yeah, I know, I'm late. I have this folder \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KenWK, Mar 13, 2020.

1. KenWK Win User

Start Bar Search Not Finding Everything

So, recently finally updated to Windows 10. Yeah, I know, I'm late.

I have this folder \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\KenStuff in which I have a bunch of shortcuts. and some RDP connection files. In Windows 7 when I searched the start bar and typed, for instance, "tsheet" is listed ALL the shortcuts I have in there starting with "tsheet."

Windows 10 only seems to be listing the most frequent ones, which were also the frequent ones when the system was Windows 7.

How can I get Windows 10 to list them all? I've tried reindexing but it hasn't helped.

Thanks!

Ken

:)

KenWK, Mar 13, 2020

2. Remove/Move/Resize the "Start search" bar

That would be for the taskbar search option, which is what I would use instead of the Start Search. Disabling it did not remove the Start Search appearance at all though.

SylenThunder, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Start Bar Search Not Finding Everything

No Search Bar in Start Menu

Hello,

My start menu has no search bar. I looked this up on the forum, and one answer was to go into Control Panel -> Programs & Features -> Turn Windows features on or off -> check mark the box for 'Windows Search' -> Reboot.

Problem 1: 'Windows Search' is not on my list of Windows items that can be turned on or off.

Where is the search bar?

Problem 2: I need the search bar to find the Snipping Tool!

Thanks Start Bar Search Not Finding Everything :)

Jon Chelberg, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

Start Bar Search Not Finding Everything

1. Start Bar Search Not Finding Everything - Similar Threads - Start Bar Search

2. Can't find apps in search bar

in Cortana
    Can't find apps in search bar: I resetted my pc and kept my files and I reinstalled most of the app by now but when I try to search for them in the search bar they won't appear for some reason. I got this with nearly every app I recently downloaded except office 365. How do I solve this problem?...
  3. Can't find apps in search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find apps in search bar: I resetted my pc and kept my files and I reinstalled most of the app by now but when I try to search for them in the search bar they won't appear for some reason. I got this with nearly every app I recently downloaded except office 365. How do I solve this problem?...
  4. Start and search bar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start and search bar not working: My start and search bar will not work at random. Sometimes I will turn my laptop on and they will work, sometimes they won't and I need to turn my laptop off and turn it on again. I can still search for programs if I press the Windows key on my keyboard, however, just now I...
  5. Start bar search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start bar search: I have a X an online drive account and I use the app on my pc. I might choose to save a file on Onedrive or this X depending on a personal criteria. However, the documents present in the X drive can not be searched through start bar even though they are present on the PC....
  6. Start search bar is glitching.

Start search bar is glitching.: Hi there, When I try and type in the search bar on the bottom left hand side of my screen it just glitches. I can type (for example) "sniping tool" and nothing shows and when I press the enter key nothing happens either. :( Any idea why ?...
  7. Windows search wont find everything.

in Cortana
    Windows search wont find everything.: My windows search wont find some things, for example when I search for "Steam" it comes up with "Steam Tile" from the windows store and wants me to install it....
  8. No Search Bar in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Search Bar in Start Menu: Hello, My start menu has no search bar. I looked this up on the forum, and one answer was to go into Control Panel -> Programs & Features -> Turn Windows features on or off -> check mark the box for 'Windows Search' -> Reboot. Problem 1: 'Windows Search' is not on my list...
  9. Start Menu Search Bar

in Cortana
    Start Menu Search Bar: Prior versions of windows allowed me to hit the handy-dandy start-menu button, type a document name in the search bar, and recent documents I pulled up with the search words would show up - the charm of that feature was that I could close a document or spreadsheet confident...
  10. Start Menu Search Bar

Start Menu Search Bar: [ATTACH] I messed up something and now when ever i type something in the start menu search bar, i see a preview pane like something (containing open,open file location,pin to start,pin to taskbar)beside the search results.I don't want my search bar like this, i want my...