Windows 10: Start btn==win key needs a service to run.. AGRGGHH no function. can I run a cmd.exe...

Discus and support Start btn==win key needs a service to run.. AGRGGHH no function. can I run a cmd.exe... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can I run update on this new install from cmd line? Win Key unresponsive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NewtonEng1, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Start btn==win key needs a service to run.. AGRGGHH no function. can I run a cmd.exe...

Can I run update on this new install from cmd line?

Win Key unresponsive.

:)

NewtonEng1, Sep 13, 2018
  2. Teletha Win User

Registry is not starting from main .exe, RUN and in cmd

i have no idea what's making it not pop up im trying all the ways to get it to open, i tried:

* regedit in run(win+r)
    * registry.exe in cmd with admin rights
    * clicking on the main .exe located in the windows folder

Teletha, Sep 13, 2018
  3. nkienitz Win User
    RUN won't 'run' EXE files

Since 1803 was loaded on 3 of my Dell laptops (various models) I've discovered that the RUN function (under Windows Start Button) won't "run" an EXE file that is located in my download folder.

Same response on 3 different laptops.

I have a history of the APP for these EXEs (~12+ years worth) and they have always run from the RUN box and from the same download folder.

I can get the EXE to run when I click on it from Windows File Explorer or the Directory Opus File Manager.

I've also copied the two most recent EXEs that I downloaded since the 1803 update to my Desktop and they will run from the RUN box at that location.

I'm guessing something has changed with the 1803 update to affect this, but have not been able to figure it out as of yet.

Anyone have any suggestions?

nkienitz, Sep 13, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Start btn==win key needs a service to run.. AGRGGHH no function. can I run a cmd.exe...

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

Start btn==win key needs a service to run.. AGRGGHH no function. can I run a cmd.exe...

1. Start btn==win key needs a service to run.. AGRGGHH no function. can I run a cmd.exe... - Similar Threads - Start btn==win key

2. cannot run an exe file in CMD administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot run an exe file in CMD administrator: From exe file property ===> check: Run this program as an administrator open cmd: run as adminitrator type cd ==> enter C:\Users\MYNAME\Downloads\Programs\Apps\Viber Setup ==> Enter ===> 'C:\Users\MYNAME' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable...
  3. cannot run an exe file in CMD asministrator

cannot run an exe file in CMD asministrator: From exe file property ===> check: Run this program as an administrator open cmd: run as adminitrator type cd ==> enter C:\Users\MYNAME\Downloads\Programs\Apps\Viber Setup ==> Enter ===> 'C:\Users\MYNAME' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable...
  4. CMD not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD not running: I tried running CMD, and flashes and cloes in a instant in both normal, and run as administrator. I found a help forum which asked to try and run it in a different user account, for some reason this seems to work. However I am still unable to run CMD in the original user...
  5. The RUN function

in Windows 10 Customization
    The RUN function: Hi How can I get the Windows key + R to remember the latest commands? I have just upgraded a Windows 7 installation for a friend and had no problems with this run issue - it just worked at once. I have a laptop upgraded from Windows 7 a long time ago - no problems. This i7...
  6. Cannot run .exe files, cmd (admin)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot run .exe files, cmd (admin): Hi! I tried to install a program to recover some lost pictures from an android phone. Later on some error popped up basically saying I couldn’t install the program. I’ve since then deleted the installer exe file. For some reason nothing was working so i force shutdown my...
  7. RUN won't 'run' EXE files

in Windows 10 Support
    RUN won't 'run' EXE files: Since 1803 was loaded on 3 of my Dell laptops (various models) I've discovered that the RUN function (under Windows Start Button) won't "run" an EXE file that is located in my download folder. Same response on 3 different laptops. I have a history of the APP for these EXEs...
  8. Programs needing to be run as administrator to function

Programs needing to be run as administrator to function: I'm not sure when this started, but I know it was working fine a week ago. The 2 notable programs are League of Legends and Nexus Mod Manager. When I open Nexus Mod Manager, it says it doesn't have rights to the drive Skyrim is on. If I go to program files and run as admin,...
  9. Registry is not starting from main .exe, RUN and in cmd

in Windows 10 Support
    Registry is not starting from main .exe, RUN and in cmd: i have no idea what's making it not pop up im trying all the ways to get it to open, i tried: * regedit in run(win+r) * registry.exe in cmd with admin rights * clicking on the main .exe located in the windows folder 18138
  10. i cant run both RUN and CMD programs

in Windows 10 Support
    i cant run both RUN and CMD programs: both cmd and run dialog boxes aren't accessable. I type them in search box, the programs are there, but when I click on them, nothing happens. whats wrong and how to fix it? I need cmd to run because sometimes, my Ethernet connection is down, so I type the usual commands to...