Windows 10: Start button, action centre, settings and task manger not working!

Discus and support Start button, action centre, settings and task manger not working! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 Home (64bit) from Windows 7 Home (64bit). I am having problems that I cannot find a fix to in the common... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MRidley1982, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Start button, action centre, settings and task manger not working!

Hi,

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 Home (64bit) from Windows 7 Home (64bit). I am having problems that I cannot find a fix to in the common faults section. As in the title, my start button is not working. The action center, settings and task manager are not working also. Other problems I am having are: I cannot open a new user account, I cannot log into my guest account or one of my main accounts and I cannot log into cmd as administrator by right clicking on it in the task bar. I have tried to fix the start menu my opening powershell as administrator and pasting some code into it, but it did not work. Any ideas, please. Thank you.

:)

MRidley1982, Jul 31, 2015

2. Action centre and start button are not working on Windows 10

Like i said earlier that seems like a lot of trouble and i am not confident with that. I had Windows 7 and was offered Windows 10 for free and like a fool I fell for it. "You get nothing for nothing" I have had problems with it from day 1.

I don't see why i should open a new account and have to move everything around.

Can i get Windows 7 back?

peter_ edwards, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Start button, action centre, settings and task manger not working!

Anybody having problems with their Start Button not working after installation, check your antivirus. I was using Avast (free). I uninstalled it and everything worked. I'm now using a different one.

MRidley1982, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Slugger Win User
    Windows Defender is built in to Win 10. You don't need Avast, Norton or whatever.
    I do use Malewarebytes, Admuncher and Ghostery.

Slugger, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Start button, action centre, settings and task manger not working!

1. Start button, action centre, settings and task manger not working! - Similar Threads - Start button action

2. start actions button doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start actions button doesn't work: hi ,Today I downloaded a virus.windows defender updated me that.I want to press the start actions button but it doesn't workNEED HELP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-actions-button-doesnt-work/9b98358e-4b44-46b6-b1ab-94ae77979620
  3. Start Action Button is not Working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Start Action Button is not Working: Start Action Button is not Working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/start-action-button-is-not-working/878df6cf-5e4f-4f52-bf4a-dd610736037a
  4. Action Centre not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Centre not working: Why can't I turn action center off or on? I am using Windows 10 version 20H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-centre-not-working/d0d693b1-236e-4f34-a3db-977ae9d6334f
  5. Action Centre not working

Action Centre not working: I have a brand new Surface Pro 7. Gone through all the updates, so running 20H2 19042.870. The action centre is not working or mostly not working. - sometimes empty of everything no buttons, no messages - sometimes the buttons are greyed out, but will ungrey if I wait...
  6. Taskbar, action centre and start menu not working

Taskbar, action centre and start menu not working: My start menu does not open the windows key on the keyboard doesn't open it, my taskbar search is not opening, my apps on pinned can't be accessed by right-clicking, and my action center does not open, even when swiping the screen, plus some of the icons eg. wifi, volume,...
  7. Task Manger Not working

Task Manger Not working: [ATTACH] Hello, I am a user of Windows 10 My Task Manger is showing nothing for the past 10 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manger-not-working/7388652c-aaf7-43fd-a191-bf66f4fc471f
  8. Action Centre Not Working

Action Centre Not Working: Hi, Action Centre is not opening when I click. The icon says 1 message but I cannot open it and it won't open by itself. Please help. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-centre-not-working/16b0de8f-14e4-432b-870a-4c6d0f1f4bc6
  9. Start, taskbar and action centre

Start, taskbar and action centre: Since latest update for Windows 10 the Above features are greyed out. I have tried changing to Custom under Personalisation>Colours>Chose your Colour, but this does not work anymore. It did a couple of weeks ago. I really do not like having the Task Bar and Start menu in...
  10. Action Centre

Action Centre: I've just updated to 1803 after a lot of difficulty. I cannot open the action centre by swiping from right or even by clicking icon. If I click and hold I get a small menu but still cannot get it....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why wont start task bar and action centrer in ccolours allow box to be ticked