Windows 10: Start Button, All settings, Windows defender, Microsoft Edge all at once not working

Discus and support Start Button, All settings, Windows defender, Microsoft Edge all at once not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Two days ago I ran in this problem: Start Button not working, All settings not opening, if I click on windows security icon it open, flash and close,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ray-Cauchi, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Start Button, All settings, Windows defender, Microsoft Edge all at once not working

Two days ago I ran in this problem: Start Button not working, All settings not opening, if I click on windows security icon it open, flash and close, if I click on Microsoft Edge icon it open, flash and close. I did all the necessary troubleshooting including SFC /scannow, the command Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml , troubleshooting System and Security.

The system passed all the test but still having the same problem. Can someone guide me what might have happening?

Thank you for your time to look in this matter. Any help is really appreciated

Raymond

:)

Ray-Cauchi, Mar 15, 2019

2. Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Thanks for reply
    but your suggestion did not work.When i turn off home button in Edge and re-open Edge and turn on home button ...the home icon appears but fades away when Edge is re-opened.

I even uninstalled Edge and re-installed Edge following a fellow members suggestion tutorial but this step did not work either.

Very strange

treblefree, Mar 15, 2019
  3. snoopy51 Win User
    Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

The workaround is not a solution as I stated. It merely create an button on the Favorite Bar!

Please follow davidhk's suggestion. You may have to run SFC /scannow three times in order to correct the file corruption problem!

snoopy51, Mar 15, 2019
  4. davidhk Win User

Start Button, All settings, Windows defender, Microsoft Edge all at once not working

Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Troubleshooting suggestion only.......................
    Checking for file corruption. It will try to repair if any found.

Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

davidhk, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Start Button, All settings, Windows defender, Microsoft Edge all at once not working

1. Start Button, All settings, Windows defender, Microsoft Edge all at once not working - Similar Threads - Start Button settings

2. Start menu, Search bar & Microsoft Edge all not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu, Search bar & Microsoft Edge all not working.: I've been working on a computer since yesterday and have had some huge issues trying to update it Windows 10 22H2. I ultimately decided it isn't worth the hassle for now and stopped the service wuauserv so it will stop trying to install anything.Now the problem is that the...
  3. Start menu, Search bar & Microsoft Edge all not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu, Search bar & Microsoft Edge all not working.: I've been working on a computer since yesterday and have had some huge issues trying to update it Windows 10 22H2. I ultimately decided it isn't worth the hassle for now and stopped the service wuauserv so it will stop trying to install anything.Now the problem is that the...
  4. Start menu, Search bar & Microsoft Edge all not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Settings, Search and Start button are all not working,

Settings, Search and Start button are all not working,: I believe I have the windows 11 update, but honestly I cant tell as the Settings, Search and Start button are all not working,I can right click the Start button to get some options, but most of those options won't work either. The Search and Settings buttons are completely...
  6. Settings, Search and Start button are all not working,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings, Search and Start button are all not working,: I believe I have the windows 11 update, but honestly I cant tell as the Settings, Search and Start button are all not working,I can right click the Start button to get some options, but most of those options won't work either. The Search and Settings buttons are completely...
  7. Windows Start Button not working at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Start Button not working at all: In addition to a very persistent 'Windows Firewall Turned Off" notice, when it is actually showing as ON and functioning in the dashboard, my Start button is now completely frozen and does not work at all. I can pull up the context menus by left clicking, but the right click...
  8. Windows Start Button not working at all

Windows Start Button not working at all: In addition to a very persistent 'Windows Firewall Turned Off" notice, when it is actually showing as ON and functioning in the dashboard, my Start button is now completely frozen and does not work at all. I can pull up the context menus by left clicking, but the right click...
  9. How to update all Microsoft Edge extensions at once

in Windows 10 News
    How to update all Microsoft Edge extensions at once: [ATTACH]If you want to update Microsoft Edge extensions installed on your computer, you can follow this step by step guide. You can update all the […] This article How to update all Microsoft Edge extensions at once first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Pegged to "start" once and for all?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pegged to "start" once and for all?: I use Windows 10 Pro and would like to delete this feature completely, as I think it is based on the registry, but I don't know where to find it, who knows? An "Start" anheften ein für alle mal los werden?