Windows 10: Start Button, All settings, Windows defender, Microsoft Edge all at once not working

Discus and support Start Button, All settings, Windows defender, Microsoft Edge all at once not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Two days ago I ran in this problem: Start Button not working, All settings not opening, if I click on windows security icon it open, flash and close,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ray-Cauchi, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Start Button, All settings, Windows defender, Microsoft Edge all at once not working

Two days ago I ran in this problem: Start Button not working, All settings not opening, if I click on windows security icon it open, flash and close, if I click on Microsoft Edge icon it open, flash and close. I did all the necessary troubleshooting including SFC /scannow, the command Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml , troubleshooting System and Security.

The system passed all the test but still having the same problem. Can someone guide me what might have happening?

Thank you for your time to look in this matter. Any help is really appreciated

Raymond

:)

Ray-Cauchi, Mar 15, 2019

2. Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Thanks for reply
    but your suggestion did not work.When i turn off home button in Edge and re-open Edge and turn on home button ...the home icon appears but fades away when Edge is re-opened.

I even uninstalled Edge and re-installed Edge following a fellow members suggestion tutorial but this step did not work either.

Very strange

treblefree, Mar 15, 2019
  3. snoopy51 Win User
    Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

The workaround is not a solution as I stated. It merely create an button on the Favorite Bar!

Please follow davidhk's suggestion. You may have to run SFC /scannow three times in order to correct the file corruption problem!

snoopy51, Mar 15, 2019
  4. davidhk Win User

Start Button, All settings, Windows defender, Microsoft Edge all at once not working

Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Troubleshooting suggestion only.......................
    Checking for file corruption. It will try to repair if any found.

Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

davidhk, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Start Button, All settings, Windows defender, Microsoft Edge all at once not working

1. Start Button, All settings, Windows defender, Microsoft Edge all at once not working - Similar Threads - Start Button settings

2. Microsoft Edge, store and all windows built in applications not working.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge, store and all windows built in applications not working.: Hi, I am using Windows 10 pro. The issue is I am unable to use windows store, microsoft edge and all built in windows apps including cortana. It seems none of these apps have internet connection. However, I am connected to the wireless internet through wifi with a ADSL...
  3. Start Button Not Responding-All taksbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Button Not Responding-All taksbar: Can You Help me how to Fix this problem This File Does Not Have A Program Associated With It For Performing This Action. Please instal an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Setting page. thanks :)...
  4. START BUTTON CORTANA MICROSOFT EDGE NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Customization
    START BUTTON CORTANA MICROSOFT EDGE NOT WORKING: START BUTTON CORTANA MICROSOFT EDGE NOT WORKING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-cortana-microsoft-edge-not-working/b7ecc347-dbbf-4f92-ab36-97c3d0ac79f5
  5. Pin all desktop items to Start Menu at once?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin all desktop items to Start Menu at once?: Hey guys, I have a decent amount of items on my Desktop that I want to pin to the Start Menu. Pinning them one by one would be a pain, so is there a way to pin all of them at once? Thanks *Smile 11799
  6. Close All Tabs setting not working in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Close All Tabs setting not working in Edge: Having this problem with Edge.. EVERY time I close Edge up pops that silly "Do you want to close all tabs?" window along with checking the "Always close all tabs" box.. I say Yes and check the box but it doesn't hold the setting.. Anyone know of a way to stop this annoying...
  7. Start menu not working at all

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu not working at all: So, I have finally got windows 10 installed and working when the start menu stops working. This would not be an issue because I installed windows classic shell right after except for the fact that I can't right click anything in the taskbar. I can right click the taskbar...
  8. Start button + Windows Taskbar Icons Not working on ALL ACCOUNTS

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button + Windows Taskbar Icons Not working on ALL ACCOUNTS: Hello, I have quite a doozer for anyone willing to help me out... I consider myself very tech savvy but I'm out of ideas. I am getting the classic issue of not being able to use the start button and windows taskbar icons. Symptom: Clicking start icon (or pressing...
  9. Start Button/Start Menu/All Programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button/Start Menu/All Programs: Customization of the Start Menu (no tiles please) equals speed! As you can see I am using the classic theme in Windows 7. We professionals and powers users can customize the Start Menu in such a way that we can access the most important areas, features, commands etc. of...
  10. Start Button & Edge Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button & Edge Not Working: I upgraded to Windows 10 in early August and all has been well until this week when I find that when I left click on the start button nothing happens (right click is fine), and Microsoft Edge seems to have disappeared from my PC (although the icon remains on the Quick Start...