Windows 10: start button and Cortana are not working

Discus and support start button and Cortana are not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was receiving a message as my window's license will expire soon so I ask to the technical support Microsoft about it they said it because I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AliBradford, Mar 28, 2021.

1. start button and Cortana are not working

I was receiving a message as my window's license will expire soon so I ask to the technical support Microsoft about it they said it because I have a old version so they take remote control of my pc an install a new version as they said I didn't know but the look it's very old almost like the 7 and the start button and Cortana didn't work any more and this is without talking about the fact as I lost all my files now wat I could do to fix this problem who's in fact worst than the problem I was facing on the beginning?

:)

AliBradford, Mar 28, 2021
  2. Tilghman Win User

Start Button Stopped Working

Yesterday the start button stopped responding. Cortana works okay and right clicking the start button opens a long list beginning with Programs and Features through Desktop. I restored from a point yesterday before experiencing the problem. Did not help.
    Any suggestions?

Tilghman, Mar 28, 2021
  3. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Mar 28, 2021
  4. start button and Cortana are not working

Cortana not working

Hi,

Just to ensure that the settings are configured correctly, please try the steps below.

This issue may occur if location settings are not turned on for Cortana.

To turn on location settings for Cortana, I suggest you to try these steps and check if it helps.

• Click on Start Button and type Location in the search.

• Open Location Privacy Settings.

• Under the option "choose apps that can use your location" check if Cortana is turned on.

• If not turn on and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Joy Kemprai, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

start button and Cortana are not working

1. start button and Cortana are not working - Similar Threads - start button Cortana

2. Start Button, Cortana and Search Bar not working

in Cortana
    Start Button, Cortana and Search Bar not working: For a few days, I have been unable to use the start button, Cortana, and search bar. Also, windows applications like groove music, photos, videos, etc, are not working. I tried different tricks but none of them seem to work. I tried SFC scan, dism, and some more things from...
  3. Start Button, Cortana and powershell nnot working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Button, Cortana and powershell nnot working: Hello, my start button, cortana and powershell are not working, I have tried several manipulations here and there but the problem persists, help please...
  4. Microsoft Store, Cortana, Search Bar, Start Button DO NOT WORK

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store, Cortana, Search Bar, Start Button DO NOT WORK: For whatever reason the microsoft store has been deleted from my PC and I am unable to reinstall it. The search bar, start button, and cortana do not work either. The main issue is getting the microsoft store back but every last solution has failed. This is a problem...
  5. Cortana started working.

in Cortana
    Cortana started working.: After weeks of fruitlessly searching the Microsoft forums, among many others, trying to find out why my Cortana stopped listening to me, why she would not answer me, why she seemed to shut down immediately after asking her to do something on my Windows 10 system, all of a...
  6. START BUTTON CORTANA MICROSOFT EDGE NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Customization
    START BUTTON CORTANA MICROSOFT EDGE NOT WORKING: START BUTTON CORTANA MICROSOFT EDGE NOT WORKING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-cortana-microsoft-edge-not-working/b7ecc347-dbbf-4f92-ab36-97c3d0ac79f5
  7. Problem with Taskbar - Start button - Cortana - Edge

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Taskbar - Start button - Cortana - Edge: Windows 10 Home Version 1709 Build 16299.192 I suddenly have a problem with the Task Bar when I can open all applications pinned on the Task Bar except Edge which gave me a "System Call Failed" error, Cortana does not work and the Start button only works when I right...
  8. Cortana and Search buttons not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana and Search buttons not working: Recently I noticed Cortana had failed to operate when I hit the button. Then I noticed that when I hit search, again nothing happened. I think these problems may be related. 77278
  9. Start Button Not Working (And Cortana, Search, Action Center)

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button Not Working (And Cortana, Search, Action Center): I know many people are having this issue. I updated from Windows 7. I restarted my computer after everything running fine this Saturday morning, and now the Start Button, Cortana, Search, and Action Center are unresponsive when clicked. I've tried a lot of the fixes I've read...
  10. Unable to click Start and Cortana search buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to click Start and Cortana search buttons: Hi, I was hoping I can get some advise here. Previously I posted it on Technet but no one answer. I have just upgraded 50 and more of my users to Windows 10 build 10586, and I realize that some of their search and Windows button are not responding when click. Steps...