Windows 10: Start Button and Security Settings are unresponsive

Discus and support Start Button and Security Settings are unresponsive in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Been having problems since the 2nd July 2021 after a "security intelligence update KB2267602 v. 1.343.233.0". The system calculator wouldn't open, nor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Laurastar89, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Start Button and Security Settings are unresponsive

Been having problems since the 2nd July 2021 after a "security intelligence update KB2267602 v. 1.343.233.0". The system calculator wouldn't open, nor would volume control from the system tray. When I shut down that night, I was prompted to update and shut down. The next day my computer booted fine but the Start button was unresponsive. I checked updates and set "Feature Update version 21H1" to install. Start button was still unresponsive even after restart.All my drivers are all up to date. I've applied all updates successfully including the "Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version

:)

Laurastar89, Jul 5, 2021
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User
  3. Unresponsive Windows Start button

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are having a tough time working on the computer.

I will certainly help you to resolve the issue.

• Have you installed any third party security software on your computer?
    This issue could have occurred due to conflict between third party applications.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: If you have installed any third party security software, I suggest you to temporarily disable them.

Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Step 2: If any of these functions like Start Menu, Settings, Search, Cortana, Microsoft Edge, Action Center and other Windows components are not responding, follow these below steps and check if
    it helps:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select
      Command prompt (admin).

• Enter the below commands one by one and hit
      Enter
      key.

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

• It will open the PowerShell window.

• Now enter the below command and hit Enter key.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jul 5, 2021
  4. dustnik Win User

Start Button and Security Settings are unresponsive

Start Button Unresponsive

My start button and Windows key frequently become unresponsive. The only thing I can do is sign out and sign back in or restart manually. This happens at least once a day, and I'm getting really tired of it. It seems to have started after the last version of Windows 10 was installed. How can I fix this?

dustnik, Jul 5, 2021
Thema:

Start Button and Security Settings are unresponsive

1. Start Button and Security Settings are unresponsive - Similar Threads - Start Button Security

2. Windows 11 start menu button unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 start menu button unresponsive: After applying the cumulative february update windows 11 my start menu became unresponsive, even completely freezing my firefox browser sometimes when i tried to open the start menu, i couldn´t click anywhere else for some second, I deleted the update and waited for march...
  3. Windows 11 start menu button unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 start menu button unresponsive: After applying the cumulative february update windows 11 my start menu became unresponsive, even completely freezing my firefox browser sometimes when i tried to open the start menu, i couldn´t click anywhere else for some second, I deleted the update and waited for march...
  4. Settings not openning up, start button not working, taskbar unresponsive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings not openning up, start button not working, taskbar unresponsive: so as the title says, nothing is working all of a sudden. i cant access my settings, i cant access the start button, i cant access my mail on my toolbar. i can still access other things on my toolbar but those things dont work. ive tried a few fixes through powershell but to...
  5. Settings not openning up, start button not working, taskbar unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings not openning up, start button not working, taskbar unresponsive: so as the title says, nothing is working all of a sudden. i cant access my settings, i cant access the start button, i cant access my mail on my toolbar. i can still access other things on my toolbar but those things dont work. ive tried a few fixes through powershell but to...
  6. Settings not openning up, start button not working, taskbar unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows Start Menu and Settings Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Start Menu and Settings Unresponsive: I have recently run into an issue with windows 10 where the start menu and settings have no response when i click on them. Also, none of the task bar apps open, I get an error that states: explorer.exe class not registered. I have tried many different possible fixes but none...
  8. How to fix unresponsive Start button in Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fix unresponsive Start button in Win10: My start button has become unresponsive. Everything else seems to work but the start button. I've power cycled but no luck. How can I fix this?...
  9. Start Button Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button Unresponsive: My start button and Windows key frequently become unresponsive. The only thing I can do is sign out and sign back in or restart manually. This happens at least once a day, and I'm getting really tired of it. It seems to have started after the last version of Windows 10 was...
  10. Taskbar blank & Start button unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar blank & Start button unresponsive: Now & then when I start my computer, nothing appears in the task bar, the Microsoft Start button at the bottom left fails to respond to either a left or right click, the Cortana window "Ask me anything" & the Task View are also unresponsive' I then restart the computer...