Windows 10: Start button and Windows 10 failure saga continues

Discus and support Start button and Windows 10 failure saga continues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I have posted here that we have been having problems with the Start button and most of the functionality of the taskbar, Internet Explorer not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KatCole, Jul 30, 2020.

1. KatCole Win User

Start button and Windows 10 failure saga continues

So I have posted here that we have been having problems with the Start button and most of the functionality of the taskbar, Internet Explorer not working, and other apps that can be only accessed via Run since Start button is not working.

I have tried Sf Scan, DISM, and god-knows what else you can find in these message boards. I've reset file explorer, tried to boot using media tool, etc. And this problem exists across all this PC's accounts, so don't tell me that a solution is just to make a new account.

I just gave in and tried resetting the PC, both by keeping personal files, and other option where it gets to reset everything.

EVEN THAT DID NOT BLOODY WORK BECAUSE THERE'S AN ERROR EVEN IN AN ATTEMPT TO ERASE EVERYTHING.

This PC desktop is barely a month old, and Windows 10 sucks vacuums. This PC was set up for online schooling to be used in a couple of weeks. So far this is the worst investment during this pandemic.

Can someone from Microsoft address this? Because your system is highly and critically problematic and you guys don't seem to have a solution.

:)

KatCole, Jul 30, 2020
  2. davidtlig Win User

The Saga continues

I'm not a very advanced 'techie' but this Runtime broker problem was driving me bonkers because the various suggestions on this thread seemed to work to start with but then the problem would return. I had the feeling that the problem was connected with the Windows search indexing service because the little indicators of hard disc activity I have showing on my monitor always showed constant read activity whenever the broker problem returned.

So I just switched off the service by right clicking on the Start button, selecting 'Run', entering services.msc and then disabling 'Windows Search' from the list. Then re-boot.

This has completely resolved the problem for me.

davidtlig, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Start button and Windows 10 failure saga continues - Similar Threads - Start button failure

2. Windows 10 start button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 start button: Today when I click on the windows icon in the bottom left corner, the word start shows but nothing happens. When I right click on this icon which normally brings up a menu, nothing happens. Several of my programs PC Link when I click on the icon to run the program I get an...
  3. The continuing saga of failed Windows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The continuing saga of failed Windows updates: As I have reported in other posts to this community, I have experienced consistent problems with Windows updates for the past two years. This could only be rectified by doing an in-place upgrade using the downloadable Windows ISO. Since the successful installation of...
  4. Continuous Update failures

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Continuous Update failures: I am currently running windows 10 Home 1803. Whenever I attempt to update my PC or my PC is automatically updated, I become stuck in the 'undoing changes made to your PC' reboot loop. Safe Mode does not fix this problem, manually enabling it from installation media does not...
  5. The Saga that is Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Saga that is Windows 10: If Microsoft is so concerned about customer satisfaction, why after spending +30 hours troublshooting Win 10 issues do they refuse to provide any form of compensation? Competition is needed here.......
  6. start button on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    start button on windows 10: where is the start on windows 10, I need to put a printer icon on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-on-windows-10/e7bd8f54-7c27-4122-b612-a0529878161f
  7. WINDOWS 10 START BUTTON

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS 10 START BUTTON: Wandering what this watermark on my windows button is all about?[ATTACH] Is it a virus or what??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-button/06f40761-2796-47c3-8119-1d399db71e24
  8. Win 10 - Continuing Saga of Win 10 Unreliability

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 - Continuing Saga of Win 10 Unreliability: Win 10 - Continuing Saga of Win 10 Unreliability (Totally Bad OS Release!!!) Ya know it's gonna be a another Win 10 Bad Day when, Ya return to a black screen and blinking cursor on your new Win 10 Pro machine AGAIN!!! And, of Course, it won't even boot either... This is...
  9. Preparing Automatic repair continuing saga

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Preparing Automatic repair continuing saga: I keep getting the "Preparing Automatic Repair" comment and the related "diagnosing your PC' Etc" , along with the dreadful slow restart. I've searched the forum for an answer and it appears the only real solution to this is to reset Windows 10 and then reload various...
  10. Windows 10 start button!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start button!: I am having an issue with the windows 10 laptop when I click on the start menu I get this, How can I fix it where I get the normal start menu? [img] 80893