Windows 10: Start Button Critical Error

Discus and support Start Button Critical Error in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Beginning October 10, 2019, when I click the Start Button a Critical Error message appears indicating that logging back in may fix the issue - it does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DonR1234, Oct 11, 2019.

1. DonR1234 Win User

Start Button Critical Error

Beginning October 10, 2019, when I click the Start Button a Critical Error message appears indicating that logging back in may fix the issue - it does not. I think this may be related to a recent update. I could not use my HP Printer and uninstalling KB4524147 fixed that problem. I do not know how to uninstall the other updates using only the command prompt.

:)

DonR1234, Oct 11, 2019

2. Windows 10 Critical error on start button

I have run the system file check (sfc), DISM and the second step as suggested above and still cannot use the start button in Windows 10. The "critical error" message no longer appears but that's all.

Roger G. Tilley, Oct 11, 2019
  3. Critical error Windows 10 Start Button

I have the same issue and error with the start button, and ran the suggested fix in the last response but still do not have a start button that works. The only difference is I do not get the critical error message. It just doesn't do anything now.

Silvia_8888, Oct 11, 2019
  4. Maugli Win User

Windows 10 start button critical error

I get the error message which says "Critical error- Your start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it next time you sign in. <Sign out now>"
    It came, went and now its broken again.
    Start Button Critical Error [​IMG]

Maugli, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Start Button Critical Error - Similar Threads - Start Button Critical

2. Critical error when I press the start button

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical error when I press the start button: I’m not very good with computers just yet and I’ve ran into the issue of the critical error when I press the start button and it signs me out and now it seems to take forever to start back up like the black screen after I sign back in. I main question would be can I use the...
  3. Critical Error - Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Critical Error - Start Menu: Hi, I've encountered a critical error "Your Start menu isn't working..." How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-error-start-menu/96f57669-ca31-4b24-bb04-23afa30c285c
  4. Critical Error when click start button

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical Error when click start button: I dunno if this problem was already posted here but I'm having a hard time finding the solution. When I click the start button it says critical error and it forces me to sign out. Hope someone can help me out :> submitted by /u/Misthiossss [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows 10 V.2004 Start Button Critical Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 V.2004 Start Button Critical Error: I just updated my Surface 3 Pro to Version 2004. I encounter a critical error when I try to use the Start Button, indicating that logging back on might solve the problem. Not only doesn't that work, I've restarted a couple of times and that doesn't work either. I've rolled...
  6. Critical error start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Critical error start menu: Start menu not working, cannot access settings or edge, after running update 2004 2020 I only get a black screen with shortcuts but none work & every fix I've tried from what I am able to do has failed. Can't even run repair disc or get recovery to use an earlier date, I need...
  7. Critical Error message appears when I press the start button?

in Windows 10 Support
    Critical Error message appears when I press the start button?: Upon some instances of booting, clicking the start button produces the following error: [img] When I do sign out and log back in, the error persists even though the error window has disappeared. While this message is shown, I can still get on with tasks on my PC, but...
  8. start menu - critical error

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu - critical error: When I got home from work today I turned on my computer. When I click on the start button I get a pop up now: CRITICAL ERROR Your start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it for you the next time you log on. The only option is a button that says sign out now. I hit it...
  9. Windows 10 start button critical error

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start button critical error: I get the error message which says "Critical error- Your start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it next time you sign in. <Sign out now>" It came, went and now its broken again. [img] 28954
  10. critical error start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    critical error start menu: Hi, hoping this is correct section, (moved from BSOD,crashes) I wish to reopen thread on this subject as the last time I looked it was closed in June 2016. Lately I keep getting a critical error when I try to access start menu. I have followed Brinks tutorial on subject, but...