Windows 10: Start button, Defender and other screens unavailable by Remote Desktop on 1903

Discus and support Start button, Defender and other screens unavailable by Remote Desktop on 1903 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dears, connection Windows 10 1903 by Remote Desktop start button doesn't respond (to click and keyboard), Windows Defender screen doesn't open, user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Federico Rampin, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Start button, Defender and other screens unavailable by Remote Desktop on 1903

Dears,

connection Windows 10 1903 by Remote Desktop start button doesn't respond (to click and keyboard), Windows Defender screen doesn't open, user add screen doesn't open.

Everything works fine, locally.

Any suggestions?

Tks.

:)

Federico Rampin, Jun 17, 2019
  2. Swapna S Win User

Windows 10 - Remote Desktop Connection

Hi Lorraine,

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing in adjusting the resolution on the remote desktop.

This issue might occur due to, when you first connect, Remote Desktop attempts to size the screen according to its default setting. You can adjust this setting within the Remote Desktop client. Adjusting the screen size allows
    you to sculpt the desktop display size to better fit your computer's viewing area.

Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Step 1: To change the size of the Remote Desktop window:

• Open Remote Desktop Connection (RDC).

• Click on the Options button located in the lower left-hand corner of the RDC window.

• This will expand the RDC window to display 7 different option tabs.

• Click on the Display tab.

• In the display configuration section, slide the bar to the left or right to decrease or increase the size of the remote desktop session window.

• Click the Connect button.

Or

Step 2:

• Open the "Start" menu and type
      "mstsc" (in the search bar) and then press “Enter."

• Click "Options”.

• Click the "Display" tab.

• Drag the slider bar left or right to
      reduce or enlarge the display resolution. The
      left-most
      position is the minimum resolution, while the right-most is a full-screen resolution.

Please get back to us, if are still facing issue in adjusting the resolution on the remote desktop.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Jun 17, 2019
  3. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 17, 2019
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Start button, Defender and other screens unavailable by Remote Desktop on 1903

Remote Desktop limit to 2 screens?

Is it possible to limit Remote Desktop in Windows 10 to only use 2 out of 3 screens connected to a pc?

Remote Desktop is to a Windows 2012 Server.

puma99dk|, Jun 17, 2019
Thema:

Start button, Defender and other screens unavailable by Remote Desktop on 1903

1. Start button, Defender and other screens unavailable by Remote Desktop on 1903 - Similar Threads - Start button Defender

2. Remote desktop - One screen frozen and other very laggy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop - One screen frozen and other very laggy: Hello! I've had some problem but it started working fine somehow for a while but it is back again now.When ever I connect to remote desktop from my private computer to my working laptop I have 2 monitor setup on both. Weird thing is that my second monitor freezes in picture...
  3. Remote desktop - One screen frozen and other very laggy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop - One screen frozen and other very laggy: Hello! I've had some problem but it started working fine somehow for a while but it is back again now.When ever I connect to remote desktop from my private computer to my working laptop I have 2 monitor setup on both. Weird thing is that my second monitor freezes in picture...
  4. Remote desktop - One screen frozen and other very laggy

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Remote Desktop Gateway server is temporarily unavailable

in Windows 10 News
    Remote Desktop Gateway server is temporarily unavailable: [ATTACH]While connecting to a Remote computer, if you get a Remote Desktop Gateway server is temporarily unavailable error, this article will help you fix the issue. Although this error gets resolved by removing the invalid binding, you may need other tips and tricks at...
  6. Start Button and other essentials not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Button and other essentials not working: As of June 27 the Start Button is not working. Does nothing when clicked. Same thing with Windows Search icon. Additionally Settings and Security icons open a startup screen and freeze. I'm not technical so hoping this is a basic fix. Thank you....
  7. Remote Desktop connects to a remote machine on one network but not others.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Desktop connects to a remote machine on one network but not others.: Hello, I am using mobile network hotspot to connect from my HomePC to a remote machine through VPN. I do not face any issues when I try to connect through Vodafone network where the speed is around just 8-9 Mbps but I could not connect through other networks like Three/EE...
  8. Remote Desktop black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remote Desktop black screen: After installing update 1903 on second computer I get a black screen when remote desktop connects. Tried rolling back video driver which took me back to a Microsoft basic driver from 2006 but only offers 1024x768 for best setting. This causes programs to be so large you can...
  9. Windows 10 1903 (May update) black screen with Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 1903 (May update) black screen with Remote Desktop: I upgraded my secondary machine from 1809 to 1903. When I access it now using Remote Desktop all I get is a black screen in the RDP windows. I then upgraded my primary machine to 1903 hoping that would help, but no. Fortunately I also have GoToAssist installed so I was able...
  10. Desktop is unavailable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop is unavailable: ***Modify title from: window 10 not booting*** Hello, My windows 10 on another laptop refuses to boot properly after the last update, the desktop location is lost, none of the functions work including the windows button and there is no internet access. no files can be...