Windows 10: Start button delay

Discus and support Start button delay in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all, just reporting an annoying issue, nothing critical, but most times when I click the Windows Start button there is a slight delay (1 to 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by antares, Jul 20, 2019.

1. antares Win User

Start button delay

Hi all, just reporting an annoying issue, nothing critical, but most times when I click the Windows Start button there is a slight delay (1 to 2 seconds) in displaying the start screen menu, like it's not snappy. Any feedback on this? Thanks

:)

antares, Jul 20, 2019
  2. zinou Win User

5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

1. Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer à l'étape 2;
    2. Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

Start button delay [​IMG]

Start button delay [​IMG]

zinou, Jul 20, 2019
  3. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Jul 20, 2019
  4. Start button delay

Windows 10 start button not working

Followed the steps as indicated. They actually made the situation worse.

First reboot after doing the listed steps, the start button would work but there was a 2 second delay before the start menu would appear. It was always instantaneous before. second, Edge no longer works at all. Edge will load and I can enter url, but nothing
    happens.

Second reboot and start button no longer works at all (again). Edge still does not work.

Never had ANY issues with Windows 7. Should never have upgraded!!!!!!!!!

marvin darter (L: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***)

marvindarter, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

Start button delay

1. Start button delay - Similar Threads - Start button delay

2. Delay in starting Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Delay in starting Windows: A few weeks ago I suddenly experienced a delay in the startup of Windows 10. It is consistent every time now. When I do a power up the system seems to initially boot as before then the screen goes blank for about one minute before the log in screen appears. Previously the...
  3. Start button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button: my start button is not working, how do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button/d128353a-291b-4d95-82d0-42124a4bab3d
  4. Start Button

Start Button: my start button will not display any programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/start-button/1e6f2289-fdaf-4fa0-b9eb-347dc509f1fa
  5. start button

start button: how to get start button working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/start-button/d8aba2c7-4cec-418b-8b93-e5c215f8ae19
  6. Start button

Start button: The start key has stopped working (the one that looks like a window), how do I fix this. I can't access any of my apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/start-button/a3d0a83e-ea63-47ea-a90e-1260d1e16c1f
  7. start button

start button: Is there a way to change the Start button ? I searched with Google but couldn't find anything Thanks 14525
  8. PC Delayed to power button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Delayed to power button: so. first of all my pc is i7 4790k msi guard pro mobo gtx 970 msi 16gb ram seasonic 620 evo i have an AVR when i press the avr i click the power button it doesnt start up no fans or anything untill a second click it will start like 2 seconds later sorry for...
  9. Shutdown Button Delay & Long Shutdowns

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown Button Delay & Long Shutdowns: Hello, I've been researching this issue I'm experiencing but I haven't come across anything that has helped. Issue: Click on the start menu > Power > Shutdown. Computer does not immediately shut down. I can continue to do tasks for about 30seconds. The computer...
  10. Start Button

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button: The Start Button and Cortana went off the screen at the bottom. I know I still have them if I switch the taskbar to the right of the screen in a vertical position. Both the Start Button and Cortana will now show. So how do I get them to show if I switch the taskbar from the...