Windows 10: Start button doesn't work (& sticky notes disappeared)

Discus and support Start button doesn't work (& sticky notes disappeared) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer started acting weird from this morning. First, it took a long time to reboot. And it was showing black screen with white mouse cursor for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by doublejay818, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Start button doesn't work (& sticky notes disappeared)

My computer started acting weird from this morning.

First, it took a long time to reboot. And it was showing black screen with white mouse cursor for a long time and my original background after.

After going in, it won't allow me to click the start button.

And I also realized all my sticky notes are invisible.

Sticky note icon was pinned to my task bar but that's gone too so I'm wondering how to get my notes back and to fix all the issue I'm having?

:)

doublejay818, Feb 10, 2019

2. Sticky Note Error?

Hi,

To further help you with your concern about the sticky note, we suggest using System File Checking in Windows 10. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, then select Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Enter sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/").

Let us know how it goes.

Wilfred Mac, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    sticky notes

Hello,

Sticky notes may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this. We suggest that you run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    for this issue. Meanwhile, we also recommend that you reset your Sticky Notes app by following the steps below:

• Click the Windows icon and click Settings.
    • Click System, and then click Apps & features on the left menu.
    • Click on Sticky Notes on the list found on your right menu, click
      Advanced options link, and click the Reset button.
    • Click the Reset button again when you see the confirmation dialog to reset Sticky Notes app.
    • Close the Settings window and check your Sticky Notes app.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Start button doesn't work (& sticky notes disappeared)

Sticky Note Update

Hi Joey,

To disable Insights on Sticky Notes, please follow these steps:

• Open Sticky Notes.
    • Click on the Menu (3-dots) button.
    • Click on the Settings button.
    • Turn off Enable insights.

Let us know how it goes.

Meliton Dec, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Start button doesn't work (& sticky notes disappeared)

1. Start button doesn't work (& sticky notes disappeared) - Similar Threads - Start button doesn't

2. Sticky Notes App disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sticky Notes App disappeared: My sticky notes app has gone missing entirely. It was working fine across two computers just last week, now it won't load on my laptop.When I try to find it in the roaming folder mentioned above there is no ..\StickyNotes folder. It is also missing from the start menu.When I...
  3. Sticky notes disappeared

Sticky notes disappeared: After I ended the sticky notes process and I restarted, all of my sticky notes disappeared from my notes list. I restarted again and two of my notes reappeared. Why might only two of my notes have reappeared I had several and how can I make all of them come back? I did find...
  4. Sticky Notes have disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes have disappeared: So, I recently got some Microsoft updates. And now all the notes I kept in Sticky Notes have disappeared. I found one StickyNotes.snt file but it had just 4kb of data. I had more than 10 open sticky notes with lots of important data. I don't know what to do now....
  5. Sticky notes disappear from desktop

Sticky notes disappear from desktop: After getting the recent Windows 10 update, when I turn off and later turn on my computer I find that one or more of the sticky notes on my desktop (including those with writing and typed information) disappear, seemingly deleting themselves. Is this a known problem, and how...
  6. sticky notes disappeared

sticky notes disappeared: Half of my sticky notes are missing. Just the other day-they were all present. How do I retrieve the other notes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-disappeared/21f2108b-540f-4ab3-98fc-155e256d6de8"
  7. Sticky Notes Not Working

Sticky Notes Not Working: Today I upgraded my Windows 10 Pro 64bit from version 1803 to 1809. Microsoft Sticky Notes version 3.1.55.0 is broken. I tried resetting it in Settings/Apps&Features to no avail. Settings will not let me uninstall. I have lost all of my previous notes which were working...
  8. Sticky Notes Disappeared. Just Like That.

Sticky Notes Disappeared. Just Like That.: Hey, I turned on my laptop and my Sticky Notes disappeared. Just like that. Gone. The Search function finds it but it's not clickable, it doesn't react. I searched the forum where I found that I need to restore from this path:...
  9. Sticky Notes Not Working

Sticky Notes Not Working: I've reset, uninstalled, reinstalled, and nothing's worked. This has been going on for a month. Everytime I attempt to launch it, the icon appears in the toolbar for a few seconds, but it closes and nothing more. What should I do? I don't really care if my notes are deleted...
  10. Sticky Notes Disappearing

Sticky Notes Disappearing: Sometimes sticky notes disappear for no apparent reason. I thought I had lost all my sticky note data with the latest update, however, I found that by clicking settings in the sticky note window, I was able to load the data from the Microsoft cloud (had to log in first). It...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. download sticky notes doesnt start

2. start button doesnt react

3. sticky notes doesnt start

4. sticky note 3.1.55.0,
  5. sticky notes 3.1.55.0